Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XIII: Unlucky Deaths & Silly Mistakes Edition  (Read 197558 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XIII: Unlucky Deaths & Silly Mistakes Edition
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:49 AM »
Thanks, but I can work from square one again. I can put effort into actually improving my 310m Normal score.

In other news, an MoF hard 1CC attempt...
Got 150m by Nitori and 300m by Aya...
And then I choked and died to Aya's final...
Which led to five deaths on stage five...
And then a game over on Source of Rains...

I have never felt so disappointed...

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:11 PM »
Jesus christ, StB and DS would actually be way greater wasn't it for ZUN's retarded design choice to have Aya move around like a crack. Like how am I supposed to genuinely dodge some patterns if I can't even control my character properly due to the high speed she has. Some patterns are so retardedly dense that it's impossible to dodge them with Aya. Basically I'm just charging like a dick hoping I can take a pic before the bullet wave hits me, then retreating, charging more and hope for more luck. Tapping the shot button like a fucking moron when it's about to 100% going all "come on come on before I'm drowned in this shit".

Like I can't even genuinely use my skills because of how ridiculously fast that dumb wench is. Good idea having patterns worse than Lunatic some games throw at you while having a character move around like on speed.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
Better yet is how you sometimes hit the shot button too early and slam into patterns unfocused.

When your unfocused speed is x50 faster than your charging speed.

So you have no time to correct the mistake.

This kind of thing happens way too often.

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
10-3 and 10-5. I want to smack ZUN for these stages. HOW CAN SUCH ABOMINATIONS EVEN BE THOUGHT OF?

Seriously, the shittiness of these two stages pains me physically. Everything else I have cleared but these two are just... motherfucking impossible. And I don't have any motivation left to continue attempting this bullshit. Stick your stupid ideas up your ass, ZUN.

e: Fuck this, these games are pure garbage.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:30:04 PM by Weeabuu »

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
10-5 is excellent, stop lying to yourself.  ;)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
10-3 and 10-5 are shit in StB and DS respectively.

10-5 and 10-3 are great in StB and DS respectively.

Pick your poison and such.

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
I hate bubbles.

I hate lasers.

I hate waves.

I hate particles.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »
Murasa's Final Card is Bad and Should Not Exist

It doesn't test reading ability whatsoever, it only tests your ability to let go of the arrow keys in time to not crash into a bullet wall. Over, and over, and over again. For nearly a minute.

Tell me how this wasn't built with the intent of forcing out derps that you WILL rage at.

Tell me how this is fair.

Worst card. Ever.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
Jesus christ, StB and DS would actually be way greater wasn't it for ZUN's retarded design choice to have Aya move around like a crack. Like how am I supposed to genuinely dodge some patterns if I can't even control my character properly due to the high speed she has. Some patterns are so retardedly dense that it's impossible to dodge them with Aya. Basically I'm just charging like a dick hoping I can take a pic before the bullet wave hits me, then retreating, charging more and hope for more luck. Tapping the shot button like a fucking moron when it's about to 100% going all "come on come on before I'm drowned in this shit".

Like I can't even genuinely use my skills because of how ridiculously fast that dumb wench is. Good idea having patterns worse than Lunatic some games throw at you while having a character move around like on speed.

Learning how to make better use of fast-charge and zoom will help you tremendously. Both games have been cleared before by plenty of people. They're far from "impossible".

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 12:41:58 AM »
Now at 1140 pictures for 10-6 and I haven't even seen the last phase yet.

The last time that happened, the card looked something like this.

Oh, and this is the LESS infuriating of the two cards I need to clear.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 01:04:14 AM »
This fucking shit.

I fucking hate you Marisa. Why do you go so fucking fast, why does your bomb suck, and why the hell is your shot so useless for the 20% of the cards in this game that were never a challenge before?

FUCKING SERIOUSLY. Marisa makes everything so much harder because all of Reisen's cards were trivialized before by Border and Netherworld Teams, even the Scarlet Team but now it's all

If this is over-the-top, I'm sorry, but I just had a goal snatched from me by the easiest game in the series again.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 05:16:17 AM »
10-3 and 10-5. I want to smack ZUN for these stages. HOW CAN SUCH ABOMINATIONS EVEN BE THOUGHT OF?

Seriously, the shittiness of these two stages pains me physically. Everything else I have cleared but these two are just... motherfucking impossible. And I don't have any motivation left to continue attempting this bullshit. Stick your stupid ideas up your ass, ZUN.

e: Fuck this, these games are pure garbage.

It's never the games fault, it's almost always yours; try to work on yourself instead, the game more than likely won't change.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
It's never the games fault, it's almost always yours; try to work on yourself instead, the game more than likely won't change.

I have the urge to scream LIES AND DECEIT I SAY, LIES AND DECEIT! but this is saddeningly true.

Enjoy.

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:24 AM »
I'm more than aware that the game won't change (go figure). I use "impossible" as an exaggeration, you think after seeing countless videos on Youtube (and stealing tactics from there) I still believe they are not possible to clear?  ;)

I was just venting as usual, though I put the games aside for now because they're not exactly my forte. No need to stick to something you don't enjoy that much, especially when you're raging more than you're having fun.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
Of course, it's just your apparent decision to blame it on the game that is being questioned; naturally, you're just venting, it's just that some things to say for that purpose are more appropriate than others and calling the game design "shitty" when it's just not your thing, as you admit, simply doesn't bode well with most people, even if it is just an outburst of rage.

That's why the more manly way to go about this is to insult yourself!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:03:41 AM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
I don't need to insult myself because if a game aspect is shitty in my eyes then it's simply shitty and it won't change by blaming myself. What I can blame myself for is actually getting that worked up over silly games; something I actually have to work on to get rid of.

Oh well, to each his own.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »
Haha, that is certainly true and insulting yourself is just one of many ways to go about it. Though you'll have to admit that it does not come across as particularly constructive to talk in such a fashion when all you need to do is to actually get used to the controls - criticism is always justified, bitching isn't, especially when you haven't really invested anything into the game.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
Decided to give Double Spoiler 90FPS a proper whack with a new score.dat and shit.

Got through about the first three scenes before deciding "Fuck this bullshit, I'm not doing this" and doing something more fun and less prone to Aya's clumsy movement bullshit.

Malkyrian, I have no idea how you put up with this, on the harder entry in the photography series no less. I can't even bear this shit for more than four scenes.

Seriously, if I was ever forced to beat Double Spoiler at 90FPS I would go through controllers at an alarmingly fast rate.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:52:38 PM by GamingAwesome1 »

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 07:21:54 PM »
Malkyrian, I have no idea how you put up with this, on the harder entry in the photography series no less. I can't even bear this shit for more than four scenes.
I have no idea how I put up with it either.  BV

Serious answer: I started doing it on a whim, and the idea of trying to clear the whole game wasn't something I even considered. It was pretty much just "let's see how many of these I can do". I started out getting my ass handed to me by even what I've come to call the tutorial levels (basically, anything that plays Wind Tour). Getting better was something that happened as I cleared more scenes and got more practice. It snowballed, basically. That, and I had enough patience to constantly practice stuff even as I died a thousand times (even literally so, in the case of Kinkaku-ji).

tl;dr: Keep practicing, you'll get better and it'll seem a lot more doable.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 07:38:19 PM »
I have no idea how I put up with it either.  BV

Serious answer: I started doing it on a whim, and the idea of trying to clear the whole game wasn't something I even considered. It was pretty much just "let's see how many of these I can do". I started out getting my ass handed to me by even what I've come to call the tutorial levels (basically, anything that plays Wind Tour). Getting better was something that happened as I cleared more scenes and got more practice. It snowballed, basically. That, and I had enough patience to constantly practice stuff even as I died a thousand times (even literally so, in the case of Kinkaku-ji).

tl;dr: Keep practicing, you'll get better and it'll seem a lot more doable.

This....sounds...nigh on identical to my case.

Literally identical. Getting my ass kicked by tutorial scenes...literal thousand attempts on Kinkaku Ji..

Perhaps we are not so different.

Maybe I'll do this in small chunks or whatever, but I still find Aya's movement incredibly goddamn unwieldy at 90FPS.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
Malkyrian. You should totally do some epic video of all the StB scenes cleared at 90 fps. That would be hella fun to watch BV
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
Malkyrian. You should totally do some epic video of all the StB scenes cleared at 90 fps. That would be hella fun to watch BV

Mmm.. quite. This is something I'd definitely watch.

Since at this point I strongly believe it's a question not of if you will clear those last two, but when.

Good freaking luck though. Guilty or Not Guilty has some truly funky hitboxes

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
Wow.

WOW.

WOW.

Fuck Toyosatomimi. To hell with her. Buttmunch. Asswipe. Bitch.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20943

This would have been the perfect Hard 1cc. Just look at those three, not one or two but three bullshit deaths. For convenience sake:

1st) Bitch tackles me when I'm about to sweep past her back down in Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance. This isn't freaking Pokemon.
2nd) I bomb at Honour the Avoidance of Defiance only to have the bomb effects making the lasers disappear so that I don't know where she aims next. Guess what happened.
3rd) Newborn Divine Spirit. At the very last moment. I don't even.

I'm not in particular mad or anything, just sliiiiightly annoyed. Obviously I'm too awesome for the game so it decides to kill me off just like that because it knew I was gonna destroy it entirely. :D

Tough luck.

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:10:08 PM by Weeabuu »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
Mmm.. quite. This is something I'd definitely watch.

Since at this point I strongly believe it's a question not of if you will clear those last two, but when.

Good freaking luck though. Guilty or Not Guilty has some truly funky hitboxes
With that experience and persistance he got after clearing Seamless Ceiling, i think it's just a matter of time.
Wow.

WOW.

WOW.

Fuck Toyosatomimi. To hell with her. Buttmunch. Asswipe. Bitch.
That happened to me on one of attempts at perfect no focus easy with Youmu. The only one death was to her 3rd nonspell :qq:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:06:58 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:07 AM »
I don't even know if I should be putting this here or in the derp thread.

I was *this* close to finishing Genetics, but then just as I end the spell, the wave that clears the bullets off the screen was too slow and I was caught in a corner... *sob*

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOD DAMMIT FUCKING SON OF A BITCH

I am okay now.

I game over'd to the last card of the game, having a large run of FUCKING UP. FUCK.

I am calm. I am a tree. My roots extend into the ground, and every time I breathe I grow taller, and I glow a greeFUCK THAT SHIT

TOYOSATOMIMI NO MIKO I WILL END YOU

I'm fine now. I just now for the first time in months played this game in the regular storyline as Reimu again.

AND I FUCKING SUCKED.

Enjoy.

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2012, 09:32:52 PM »
TD Normal... How did you get to Byakuren on Hard again?  :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2012, 10:54:56 PM »
TD Normal... How did you get to Byakuren on Hard again?  :V

I got there because there were enough resources to make five loops of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on Lunatic and still have six lives left over.

Also

WHAT THE FUCK KANPUKUGU YOUR FUCKING LAST CARDS ARE THE FUCKING THREE DEATHS OF ME

"Gathering Void -White-"

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SEE THE BULLETS THAT MOVE ERRATICALLY AND UNNATURALLY

Future "|=L|+vЯ[-"

What in the name of Kanako is this? This belongs in the moveset of a CAVE TLB, not a Touhou Extra Stage Boss.

_/][|<v(_)「?[]D4(3 7!{V}3」 (Dimensions "Space Time")

I think the timeout phase is easier than the actual card. Just saying.

Enjoy.

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2012, 10:59:47 PM »
Future "|=L|+vЯ[-"

What in the name of Kanako is this? This belongs in the moveset of a CAVE TLB, not a Touhou Extra Stage Boss.
Foolproof method for beating Kanpukugu's last two spells as Reimu. You're welcome.

(Might work similarly with Gathering Void -White-, though I haven't tried it there.)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
Foolproof method for beating Kanpukugu's last two spells as Reimu. You're welcome.

(Might work similarly with Gathering Void -White-, though I haven't tried it there.)

I meant how the fuck do I capture this shit

Seriously. I'd sooner be able to figure out how to perfect Queen Larsa on Ultra Difficulty than how to clear Gathering Void -White-.

Enjoy.