Author Topic: What Touhou character would you like to meet in person if they somehow were real  (Read 33463 times)

Mima-sama

• What are you doing in that shrine you are not a god
  • You are too cool to be a god anyway :|
Mima, so I can prove her existance and prod her to try to find out what she really is. Though knowing Mima she'd just yank my chain about it if I were to ask directly.

Anyway, that would be useless since Remilia isn't, by concept, a vampire; rather, she's the Devil.

Remilia flies, drinks blood aka red tea, is undead, has fangs, burns in the sun, and turns into bats.
Sounds like a real vampire to me.
Real vampires don't burn in the sun.
Also, who said Remilia is undead? She refused to be seen as such.
As for flying and drinking blood, that is common for other mythological beings.
Remilia's only vampire exclusive trait is polimorphism.

Edit: I quoted the wrong message before.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 03:56:41 PM by G_gglypuff »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Remilia is specifically stated to be a vampire in all official materials.  So... Yeah.

Polymorphism, whilst a trait that appears in a lot of vampire fiction, doesn't necessarily mark someone out as a vampire.  I mean, Dio Brando and Angel are both vampires, yet neither of them can transform.  Same with flying, really.

The thing is, there are so many different types of vampires out there with such varying abilities and power levels that the only real way of telling if something's a vampire or not is whether they are specifically stated to be one or not.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

The thing is, there are so many different types of vampires out there with such varying abilities and power levels that the only real way of telling if something's a vampire or not is whether they are specifically stated to be one or not.

This is a big problem. Nowadays, you can slap the name "vampire" on any super-human you created because everybody will look at it and no one will challenge it.
I think that it's due to people forgetting the meaning of the vampire bite and non-masked aspects of vampirism.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
I would want to meet Hieda no Akyu or Keine. Understanding how the people in the Human Village see the world of Gensokyo would be fascinating. And amiable free history lessons with gracious hosts to boot!

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
Uh... Reimu.
Because out of them all I think I'd have the least fear of her blowing me up.
...or not.

Now if this is just a thread to choose your favorite characters, then Aya, Yuyuko, Momiji I guess.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
I would love to meet Marisa in real life, just so I can see the real glory of her Master Spark up close and hope she wouldn't aim the thing at me.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to meet any of them in real life, really.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Just wanted to add that not all vampires are Mary Sues (e.g. Eli from Let the Right One In). And Twilight vampires are ridiculous.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Letty Whiterock

Mima, so I can prove her existance and prod her to try to find out what she really is. Though knowing Mima she'd just yank my chain about it if I were to ask directly.
According to canon, Mima's pretty chill now and just spends her time wandering the shrine and giving Reimu a hard time. She'd probably just be like "I am myself!" and then you two could go drink something somewhere.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
Renko! x3
At least she's outside Gensokyo, in other words she's in our world. She (together with Maribel) might lead us to Gensokyo even, making us meet all the other Touhou characters~<3... I wish Gensokyo itself was real.

By priority, I'd like to meet Patchouli, Yuyuko, Youmu, Hina, Marisa, and Reimu respectively.
... Oh, and Komachi xD
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
What do you mean, IF they were real?!?!

I'd like to meet Reimu.  We'd probably spend a lot of time drinking tea and complaining about our respective problems.

Then Marisa comes over, Suika would invade, all of us would proceed to get hammered and laugh about it.

In b4 "Where Everybody Knows Your Name"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:23:11 PM by MJP »

DarkHedge

I'd like to meet Remilia, then show her off to EVERY Twilight fan in the world, then say "THIS is a real vampire!"

You are made of fucking win

I would love to meet Marisa in real life, just so I can see the real glory of her Master Spark up close and hope she wouldn't aim the thing at me.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want to meet any of them in real life, really.

Lol. You understood the twist.

Anok

Meeting Satori would be awesome.

All for the mind fuck of course.

Legacy|iB

I would have to say Reimu or Suika.

I can see myself lazing around the shrine with Reimu drinking tea with her. She might get upset at me for doing nothing, but then again, I will donate generously  :D 

As for Suika...well, can you ask for a better drinking buddy than her? I mean, I might die of alcohol poisoning or wake up the next morning with a epic hangover and naked on top of a mountain somewhere and not remember what the hell happened, but damn it, wouldn't it be something to party with her?

All of them.

Gpop

Meeting Satori would be awesome.

All for the mind fuck of course.

The mind-fucking is what Koishi does. Satori just reads them.

None of them, because I can't speak Japanese.
Seriously though, I'd like to meet Yukari. She seems friendly enough.... right?

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
Uh... Real vampires in Twilight?
Anyway, that would be useless since Remilia isn't, by concept, a vampire; rather, she's the Devil.
You could teach Kurumi how to be a real vampire, but then who knows if she isn't one already?  ::)

I think you need to read up on this. While there are devils in Touhou, vampires being a subspecies of devil, there is no 'The Devil'.

I'd like to meet Remilia, then show her off to EVERY Twilight fan in the world, then say "THIS is a real vampire!"

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Remilia is is still loli in a pink dress :V

In terms of badassness I'm not sure if she's that far ahead of a Twilight vampire.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:33:37 AM by Slowpoke »

lifewaste1618

It would be worthless if it would only be one, but tons of girls using spellcards everywhere just doesn't fit well with our boring atmosphere..lolpie.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
I'd rather use Flandre for that purpose.

I choose Flan and Remi, Both of them are so cute~ Mukyu~