Author Topic: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?  (Read 32560 times)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »
Here, I'll explain the joke, again:

Every time a new Touhou game is due to come out, there are always a handful of idiots who start spamming about Mima. Then when the trial version is released and Mima isn't there, they start spamming even harder, convinced that her absence in the trial version means she's due to be a final or Extra boss. And when the full game comes out and there's still no Mima, they whine and gripe and post reasons why Mima MUST return, but then go back to writing shitty fanfics about her.

There's not much of that behavior here, at all, and we have perfectly reasonable Mima fans. But in case you missed the sarcasm dripping from every post in this thread, yes, no one here actually believes Mima is coming back.

I'll be brutally honest though, the Mima fans are definitely dying out, but now we're getting annoying Sakuya fans getting just as annoying

Especially when ZUN trolls them with Good Girl and Half-baked Girl :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
I'll be brutally honest though, the Mima fans are definitely dying out, but now we're getting annoying Sakuya fans getting just as annoying

I remember the rage of Sakuya fans when UFO came out, and they were all "Sanae? SANAE?! DOUSHIO?!!?!?!?!?"

Never mind that Sanae actually fit in with the story, and that Sakuya hasn't been majorly involved in any storyline since SWR.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
(Otohime Kanpukugu should be a canon character :< )

What if the next Touhou game had like 7 playable characters and no alternate shottypes for them
Like TD except without alt-fire when you focus (homing -> needle, laser -> missile, etc.)
Reimu, Sanae, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Aya, Cirno, the (sort of) roster of playable characters (not counting phantasmagoria) previously in the windows canon (also not counting the youkai half of IN)

Wait, Yukari should be playable anyway :V

/speculation

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya Sanae ???

Go.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
Did we ever find out if that mima fan who made a video "proving" how she's in 10d after the demo came out  was serious or trolling? You know, the one who thought she was a HOLY spirit? Thats a very good example of the mima fan thing =p.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »
Did we ever find out if that mima fan who made a video "proving" how she's in 10d after the demo came out  was serious or trolling? You know, the one who thought she was a HOLY spirit? Thats a very good example of the mima fan thing =p.

Oh man I forgot about that. I don't think we'll ever know if it was trolling or for serious. It's just too plausible. Poe's Law is definitely in effect there.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

OtakuGray

• It's time to D-D-D-DANMAKU!
  • When you lose your way, you can blame the fairies
    • BecauselmGray - AMVs, Replays, Etc...
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

Seriously speaking though, I don't think ZUN would make his next game implement mechanics that appear in games other than Touhou. The whole reason he started making Touhou games is specifically because he didn't enjoy the games that were already out, right? I think he would probably end up just sticking to what he is good at.

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:50 AM »
Seriously speaking though, I don't think ZUN would make his next game implement mechanics that appear in games other than Touhou. The whole reason he started making Touhou games is specifically because he didn't enjoy the games that were already out, right? I think he would probably end up just sticking to what he is good at.

>> I don't think ZUN would make his next game implement mechanics that appear in games other than Touhou.

but he has done it several times before, even if as modifications

>> I think he would probably end up just sticking to what he is good at.

I make a :( face because this reminds me of grazing :(
But this sentence, "he would probably end up just sticking to what he is good at", could sound as if he would make similar games, which has been partially true. But at times he makes some things (IN's human/youkai mechanic, StB's photo shooting, and some kinds of adaptation -- UFO summons in UFO looking a bit like Raiden Fighters Jet's medal assembling mechanic, shot freezing in GFW that look like Giga Wing's Reflect Barrier + Progear's bullet cancel chain) that are good and he hasn't done before, so in a sense it still is "sticking to what he's good at" but at the same time isn't.

Especially when ZUN trolls them with Good Girl and Half-baked Girl :V

I'll be (just) honest, if they can drop Mima like that, they weren't Mima fans to start with. Also, not every Mima fan behave like people believe all Mima fans do (namely, "demanding" ZUN to put her in the games).
I'll also be honest and say that TD's mechanics (and patterns) disappointed me (mechanics didn't show potential like Crimzon Clover's did, patterns were Touhou-styled, but not as fun to watch or play through as other games). Or maybe I was expecting the game to be as polished as Phantasmagoria Trues and Crimzon Clover and/or as awesomesauce latter patterns and stages as Phantasm Romance, and as a result was "spoiled" by having played them before.

Regarding future expectations, though, I'll not let TD's taste diminish them. (especially since it came after DS and GFW, which I liked.. save for trying to play DS for score, which resulted in me stopping playing at 9-3)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
What I'd really like to see is Zun bringing Mima back, but giving no explanation whatsoever as to why she was gone in the first place. Simply because it would be hilarious to watch the ensuing chaos in the fandom. :D

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:27 AM »
In all seriousness I think the next game will take place in winter because WaHH chapter 9.