Author Topic: Hardcore Synergy 2012 (And Anime Central in general I guess)  (Read 4656 times)

Hardcore Synergy 2012 (And Anime Central in general I guess)
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »
Last year was my first time going to Hardcore Synergy and it seriously was the best rave I've ever been to (are those things called raves? I've been to 9 "Multi-DJ events going on past midnight" and that's what I've been calling them). The variety of styles and genres presented and the fact that all the genres played are rarely played at a Chicago rave really made the night stand out. So I'm pretty hyped about going again even if they don't have REDALiCE (if he never comes back I'm going to regret not going in 2010 in the same way I regret not going to the Daft Punk 2007 tour)

Liking the line-up so far, and I'm definitely going (already got my weekend badge). Anyone else attending this or ACen in general? And if anyone knows if there's still a chance of REDALiCE coming back please tell me.

Re: Hardcore Synergy 2012 (And Anime Central in general I guess)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »
I'm at ACen every year and I'll be there again this time. REDALiCE was awesome in 2010, but kors k is equally amazing and he's back this year. We're getting Jakazid too! I'm hyped.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 06:56:21 AM »
What's everyone's opinion on The Soap Bubble? I've never been to it so I'm not sure what to expect. I've listened to tidbits of a few mixtapes of some of the DJs and it appears to be electro-heavy. Which is good. Though a bit more mainstream than I'd like. Also, how much Euro and Dubstep are played? And is hardstyle played? And to any of you whose been to a Chicago rave, how would you compare?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:58:01 AM by _Zac_ »

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »
Ok, I gotta say: The hardest EDM I hear is at Hardcore Synergy and this year was no disappointment even if it was pushed back 3 hours.

This video at 5:00 has to have been my favorite part of the entire Con

I really gotta plan out my trip next time, I was only able to make it to both the raves and played a few video games in the console rooms beforehand. Didn't even get to the Touhou photoshoot.

Anyway, how was everyone else's time?

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 03:08:44 AM »
@_Zac_
Well, this was my first time at Acen since I recently moved to the midwest, but things were OK. Yeah the delay with some programming disappointed some of my buddies but it was a great experience there :) Not to mention that I enjoyed my time at several other photoshoots, some tabletop gaming (I'm an addict of Mahjong), and some decent panels.

Touhou photoshoot was pretty good, though the weather was pretty chilly. Was anyone else there?
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 03:47:26 AM »
I was there as Satori, Byakuren, and Kariya (Fate/Zero)

I had a great time even though having to go outside in thin layers of fabric wasn't fun. I mainly chilled with friends. Only panels I went to were the Touhou one and the 18+ Puella Magi panel

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
I forgot that this thread existed. I took many photos at ACen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkington/sets/72157629572238830/

I had an awesome time with friends. Remo-con was incredible at the Friday night rave. I wish it wasn't so cold. I wish ACen staffers weren't total morons and knew how to schedule properly. Hardcore Synergy may not be happening ever again because it got delayed for over two hours. I hear the Masquerade was canceled too and everyone is very mad over that. ACen is retarded. But I still had a great time.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:35:46 PM »
Hardcore Synergy may not be happening ever again because it got delayed for over two hours.
WHAT!? Link plox. That's like my favorite rave all year and beats Soap Bubble by so much (Soap Bubble's legit, but not exactly something you can't find anywhere else in Chicago).

And wasn't Soap Bubble waiting for Masquerade to finish? I thought we were waiting for something that was actually going on before they got to set up for Soap Bubble?

Seriously WTF ACen.

I guess I'll still go next year, but it's probably only going to be worth it now if I actually Cosplay and find the Touhou fans to talk to. Or actually practice my skills in Skullgirls/Blazblue for the game room.

Was the Touhou photoshoot like the SDM party last year?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
I doubt that Hardcore Synergy rumor is true. I know the guy who created the event, and he wouldn't let something silly like a 2 hour delay due to technical difficulties get in the way of the event.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
I remember there being some sort of delay, but I wasn't there to confirm that it was that long. Yeah Acen may be retarded and what not, but still it was fun. They need to work on improving the scheduling indeed.

I dunno what the Touhou photoshoot was like last year, but this year, from the EoSD cast, we only had a Sakuya cosplayer, a Flandre cosplayer, and something like three Cirno cosplayers lol.
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."