Author Topic: Let's Play, MonMusu Quest! Part 2 (EXTREMELY NSFW, LIVE JOURNAL)  (Read 11732 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
After much deliberation with Dormio and PX ('as long as you don't lose it's sfw' 'yes this sounds legit'), I have decided against my better judgement to start a Let's Play on one of the more infamous h-games/h-rpgs.
Now, what is MonMusu Quest? as quoted from TvTropes:
'Set In a World where Cute Monster Girls abound, the story follows Luka, a boy with aspirations of becoming a hero. On the day of his baptism as a Hero, his village is attacked by a slime girl. After defeating her and thus missing out on his baptism, Luka stumbles upon Alice, a lamia who apparently fell from the sky. After receiving a vision from the goddess Ilias, Luka resolves to set out on a quest to confront the Monster Lord in the hope of creating a world where humans and monsters can live together in harmony. Alice, seeing something special in Luka, decides to tag along under the pretense of seeing the world and all its delicacies.'

So yeah.

BUT.

MonMusu Quest has a startlingly good plot for where it comes from. anyways I'll be starting from Part 2, since Part 1 is rather frustrating for me.

SUMMARY OF PART 1:
After missing the baptism that renders him unattractive to monsters because he decided to help out this odd monster, named Alice, that had fallen unconscious, Luka decides to journey anyway for the sake of coexistence between Monster and Human.

He encounters one of the Four Heavenly Knights, the four strongest monsters, at the town of Iliasburg, named after the patron goddess of humans. Said Heavenly Knight, Granberia, is attacking the village and turns on Luka. Alice intervenes, halting Granberia (who curiously bows to Alice), and making her leave. After a free two nights at the inn (with Alice deeply enjoying the food and 'food' provided to her), the two leave. After leaving town, Alice provides Luka with the Angel Halo, a grotesque sword made from 666 melted angels that allows Luka to fight without killing. Luka thanks Alice for the weapon, seeing as he can now fight without fear of permanent harm, and continues his adventure.

Luka then fights off the harpies at Happiness Village, who are enslaving the humans there. A quest to Treasure Cave reveals the second of the Four Heavenly Knights, Tamamo the Nine Tailed Fox, who reveals that Alice is, gasp gasp, the Monster Lord. Luka then decides to not raise his blade against Alice, seeing that she means him no harm and will not intervene in his journey. She is a firm believer in 'raising her hand only in self-defense', after all, and Alice seems curiously interested in him.

After being attacked on a ship by the third of the Heavenly Knights, Alma Elma the Succubus Queen, Luka's journey continues. Along his travels he obtains the services of Sylph the Wind Spirit and Gnome the Earth Spirit, who were also said to have helped the Legendary Hero Heinrich generations ago.

And so part 2 begins...

(bug PX for a part 1 let's play, do it.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:27:37 PM by LukAMRA »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Let's Play, MonMusu Quest! Part 2 (EXTREMELY NSFW, LIVE JOURNAL)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:34 AM »
After much deliberation with Dormio and PX ('as long as you don't lose it's sfw' 'yes this sounds legit')
This was a surprisingly tense and heated discussion, fuelled by naught but insomnia and boredom.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
ahahahaha glorious

... Er, I mean, you sick weirdo.

If you're trying not to lose, I'm guessing you're playing on Normal. Otherwise you'll be praying to Sylph the RNG goddess way too much for some fights. There isn't any extra content for playing on Hard this time, unlike in part 1.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
I have to admit, this was an LP I wasn't expecting to see anytime soon.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
Part 1: In Which I ask for a Ride
http://amraphenson.livejournal.com/609.html

Comment here on the choices. Most of them lead to game overs if done wrong though, but this is an exception.
Sugoiiii~

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
I have to admit, this was an LP I wasn't expecting to see anytime soon.
Indeed.

Not that I know anything about this game of course.   :derp:  ;)

And with this total lack of knowledge I will not wonder if you'll expand more on the first game's story as characters are reintroduced.

Anyways fire is obviously what we need to cook food.  Omega Blaze.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
I will. tbh I played part 2 first and still understood everything, so I'll give a quick summary of anything that pops up.
Sugoiiii~

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
OOC: Alice! Probably my second favorite. You'll meet the second later...
Heretic. All glory to Ilias.

As for the incredibly important dialogue choice, they say cooking tastes best when it's made with kindness. And you have to be cruel to be kind. So Monster Lord's Cruelty.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 05:28:26 PM »
Not a fan of vore either, so skip.
Wuss.

Monster Lord's Cruelty.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
ahahahaha glorious

... Er, I mean, you sick weirdo.
I swear I haven't played this game
Also it's a shame you're skipping part 1 if not solely because of the Princess and the Sphinx, which is a story I'll be happy to elaborate on for people who haven't played YOU KNOW LIKE ME
Also wait does this mean the full translation of part 2 is do--OH SHIT IT IS
WAIT I MEAN I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT AND SURE AM NOT INTERESTED IN CONTINUING IT WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

also yes please tell me you're playing on normal, it's bullshit enough as is sometimes.

Monster Lord's Cruelty is the only answer

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
denial-meido.
Sugoiiii~

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
Jumpin' on the band-wagon.

##Vote: Monster Lord's Cruelty.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
lol wut.

I think this pot needs a deep freeze.

Frost Ozma.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:41 PM »
Monster Lord's Cruelty!  Obviously this will not go hilariously wrong.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:57:07 PM by Magical Moerin~♥ »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
Monster Lord's Cruelty. (because I did the boring thing and just picked attack when I played.)

This. Is. A. Awesome. Game. Everyone should play it. Sengoku Rance too. They both stand on their own as games without the H. If for different reasons.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:43:33 AM by blabla1994 »
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 02:35:07 AM »
Monster Lord's Cruelty.
That pot deserves it.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
This. Is. An. Awesome. Game. Everyone should play it. Sengoku Rance too. They both stand on their own as games without the H. If for different reasons.

I'll believe that when I see H-free versions of either. :I
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 04:29:03 PM »
I'll believe that when I see H-free versions of either. :I
Surprise!  Sengoku Rance has a mode after completing the game in which you can start as any of the countries and play without story - just pure gameplay.  No H, no nothing; just the tactical gameplay.
And it's actually moderately popular and a lot of fun (Although it does lose out on some of its benefits, such as the variability of the events)
Seriously, they could have pretty easily released a version of Sengoku Rance without the H and it would still be pretty damn popular (I mean hell there are people with no interest in M/F smut - like myself - who love the hell out of it); it's easily one of my favourite strategy games of all time.

I would not nearly put this game on the level of Sengoku Rance; it's really more like a visual novel where the thought aspects aren't about choices and their long-term repercussions but more like a novel with the occasional "puzzle" (which often comes down to a guess-and-fail-terriblyfantastically situation)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:31:42 PM by Garlyle »

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Surprise!  Sengoku Rance has a mode after completing the game in which you can start as any of the countries and play without story - just pure gameplay.  No H, no nothing; just the tactical gameplay.
And it's actually moderately popular and a lot of fun (Although it does lose out on some of its benefits, such as the variability of the events)
Seriously, they could have pretty easily released a version of Sengoku Rance without the H and it would still be pretty damn popular (I mean hell there are people with no interest in M/F smut - like myself - who love the hell out of it); it's easily one of my favourite strategy games of all time.

I would not nearly put this game on the level of Sengoku Rance; it's really more like a visual novel where the thought aspects aren't about choices and their long-term repercussions but more like a novel with the occasional "puzzle" (which often comes down to a guess-and-fail-terriblyfantastically situation)

Well, at least Rance saves itself with it's own version of Sengoku Gensokyo's National Mode. (yes, I know that was based on Rance, to an extent, but i dont know what they call it there, so.)
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
Well, at least Rance saves itself with it's own version of Sengoku Gensokyo's National Mode. (yes, I know that was based on Rance, to an extent, but i dont know what they call it there, so.)
Well, theoretically, both Sengoku Gensokyo and Sengoku Rance were based on the model that was started by the Romance of the Three Kingdoms / Nobunaga's Ambition series.

But that's a separate topic from this series.

Spoiler:
I'm both really excited and not to be going through the last parts of Part 2 right now but I should be hitting Nothing But Plot shortly considering I'm finally on my way to the Monster Lord's Island
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:07:06 PM by Garlyle »

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
I'm honestly surprised at how many people have played this game. o_o
Sugoiiii~

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 09:36:11 PM »
I'm honestly surprised at how many people have played this game. o_o
We're all strong believers in co-existence.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 12:49:38 AM »

I would agree that it's not quite Sengoku Rance. I still had a ton of fun playing it.
I am a compulsive post editor. There is a 95% chance that any post you see from me will have gone through at least 3 edits. Often more.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 01:16:11 AM »
I don't play RPGs, so I mostly rely on LPs to begin with ... :3

Also, "Alma Elma," huh? Why not go the whole hog and call her Alma Elma Ilma Olma Ulma (and sometimes Ylma)?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 05:30:25 AM »
We're all strong believers in co-existence.
Pretty much this and I should change my display pic to the best character or something (but I won't)

In my case Luca is way too damn adorable