Author Topic: ShotData Maker  (Read 6431 times)

CK Crash

• boozer
ShotData Maker
« on: April 08, 2012, 02:38:50 AM »
A little thing I made in Java that saves you from having to calculate and type up lots of ShotData rects.

Notes:
  • It only does one row, column, or animated bullet at a time, but it's easy to copy the output into another ShotData file.
  • The ShotData is saved to ShotData.txt in the same directory.
  • There aren't any sanity checks, don't put ridiculous inputs unless you want ridiculous outputs.
  • I don't think 0.12m supports manual hitbox sizes, so leave that parameter as 0 unless you're using ph3.

Download link.

Re: ShotData Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:32:11 AM »
Good man.

Daemoniken

• Nitori...just 'cuz.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
Well, no better time to learn how to make scripts and things for Danmakufu!

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:37:56 AM »
Marry me. Now.  :]

There's one thing that I always do: Writing all data for 1 bullet in a single line to save space.
Code: [Select]
ShotData{ id=1 rect=(649,122,665,136) render=ALPHA angular_velocity=0 delay_color= (255,0,0) }Because a shot sheet with 255 bullets can make it hard to find what you're looking for.

Anyway, I'm not sure, but what does trim do? Give you extra space between the bullets?
After a painful experience of drawing my own a shot sheet, I learned that it's best to put at least 1 empty pixel between the bullets. Unless someone else can tell me a better way.
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:39:45 AM »
Figures this gets made just after I finish a shot definition script. Oh well, this looks incredibly useful. I'll probably make use of it a lot later, especially when I inevitably start scripting in Ph3.

Thanks for making it!

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
Oh my various Shinto gods your awesomeness has gone up by 78%

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
Anyway, I'm not sure, but what does trim do? Give you extra space between the bullets?
It removes pixels from each side of the bullet's rect. If your bullets are already in a 64x64 grid, but they only take up a small portion of each square, you can use trim to take out the extra white space. Keep in mind that it removes from all 4 sides, so it's effectively doubled though.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »
I dont get what does it do? You still need to know the rectangle coordinates?

I was thinking about making an WYSIWYG utility in danmakufu, that takes a graphic file with all shots sprites you've done and then allows you to setup rectangles, view hitboxes and test the shots immediately ::)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:57 PM »
I dont get what does it do? You still need to know the rectangle coordinates?
Say you have 10 bullets in a row, and you know they all have the same width and height. Using this tool will  let you make the ShotData for all 10 at the same time, using only the position and size of the top-left bullet.

I don't quite know enough to make a WYSIWYG version of the tool, but perhaps I could do that in the future. Most people already use an image editor when working with shot sheets, so it's semi-redundant though? If you don't mind shitty GUI organization, I could totally send you my source code. (By shitty, I mean I literally just learned GUIs and there are band-aid fixes everywhere)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:53:39 PM by Lucas »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:12 PM »
Say you have 10 bullets in a row, and you know they all have the same width and height. Using this tool will  let you make the ShotData for all 10 at the same time, using only the position and size of the top-left bullet.
Ah now i get it. It's usefull for something like rows of multicoloured versions of the same bullet and could save some time at working for the complete shotsheet. Good job :3
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
Now we need a manual of how to create shotsheets lol

srs

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
I echo puremerz comment about the style it executes. If you can get it all on one line per shot then it will be near perfection.

Good job Lucas. This will be linked to the Danmakufu tutorials as useful tools n stuff.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »
I'm having a problem where when I try running it, it gives me an error going "Could not find the main class: %Dir%/ShotDataMaker.jar. Program Will Exit." and that's it. What am I doing wrong, anyway?

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 05:01:00 AM »
I honestly don't know what could cause that. Maybe you don't have the latest version of Java? Maybe you tried running from the ZIP instead of extracting? Sorry if that doesn't help at all :I