Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition  (Read 200617 times)

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Re: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Do you think it's unfair to 30FPS a game on Lunatic just so that you can unlock the stages for practice mode? (I.E. UFO and SA)

I'd say no because the continue system in SA/UFO is lousy, but you could also take someone else's score.dat if you want to practice.

Edit: time to post something relevant to the OP

PoDD Lunatic 1cc Reimu
MS Lunatic 1cc all, Extra 1cc all
EoSD Lunatic 1cc all, Extra Perfect 1cc all with a couple scoreruns
PCB Lunatic 1cc all, Extra Perfect 1cc all, Phantasm 1cc all
IN Lunatic 1cc all, Extra 1cc all with a few scoreruns
PoFV Lunatic 1cc all, Extra 1cc Reimu/Tewi/Shiki
StB all scenes
MoF Lunatic 1cc all, Extra Perfect 1cc all
SA Lunatic 1cc ReimuA/MarisaA/MarisaB, Extra Perfect 1cc those characters
UFO Lunatic 1cc all, Extra Perfect 1cc all with attempted crappy scoreruns :V
DS Aya/Hatate all scenes
TD Lunatic 1cc all, Extra 1cc all

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:03:14 PM by Random »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
Do you think it's unfair to 30FPS a game on Lunatic just so that you can unlock the stages for practice mode? (I.E. UFO and SA)

Hmm, depends on the player. For instance, I never used Continues to unlock stages for Practice - made each unlocked stage an achievement. I just treated each new stage like a 1CC run and practiced the previous stages like a full run, practicing everything until I became good enough to get through the new stage pretty much blind, letting me unlock it. Others use continues, so I don't really see why playing at 30FPS would make much of a difference - it only depends on you.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, whatever helps you get better is a good thing. Savestates on PC-98 games, 30FPS'ing to unlock stuff for practice etc etc.

End result's the same. So why not?

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
That's just for Touhou 10. I tried that two months ago and it didn't work.

Ok, I thought it was just one game, but I forgot which one.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, whatever helps you get better is a good thing. Savestates on PC-98 games, 30FPS'ing to unlock stuff for practice etc etc.

End result's the same. So why not?

That's what I was thinking, it's just I don't think a purist would exactly like that.

Also fuck this is boring, waiting for my NoFocus video to process :C

EDIT: FUCKING HELL MeGUI ACTUALLY PROCESS A VIDEO CORRECTLY YOU ASSMUFFIN
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:04:19 PM by Esupanitix »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
That's what I was thinking, it's just I don't think a purist would exactly like that.

A purist? Most certainly not, but the term hasn't exactly been defined in this context anyway, so who cares, do what you think is right and call it a day.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:30 PM »
I used continues. Lots and lots of them, for SA and UFO.
I also abused the "watching replay unlocks stage" bug to practice VoWG - there was no other way I was going to 1cc MoF.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
I used continues. Lots and lots of them, for SA and UFO.
I also abused the "watching replay unlocks stage" bug to practice VoWG - there was no other way I was going to 1cc MoF.
Not even a stage 6 continue to practice the stage?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2012, 09:43:44 PM »
I used continue to ulock stage 6 for practice only once before my first normal (EoSD) 1CC ever. Since then i always try to clear a game without continues and practice final stage after that to improve the run.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
Not even a stage 6 continue to practice the stage?
The stage is really easy anyways (with bombs and Marisa C it's a no brainer), and Kanako can be bombed through easily... until VoWG.
There was no way I was going to continue 10000 times for the very short practice on VoWG (very short because having only 2 lives and very little experience with the card, I die really really quickly). That card is quite infamously hard - especially on newbies.
When I first started out with VoWG, I could easily eat 4 lives on it.

On my lunatic 1cc, I got here with either 1 life (Reimu B) or 0 life (Marisa C).
The only reason I passed is due to reasonably good VoWG performance.

Also, I did use continues to get stages 1-5 unlocked, but stage 6 would just take too long.
I couldn't unlock the SA stage 6 either, but at least I got to practice every single spell with continues.
Aaand, of course some miracle happened with LFS so I got UFO stage 6 practice.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:19:59 PM by Kanon »

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:41 PM »
EDIT: FUCKING HELL MeGUI ACTUALLY PROCESS A VIDEO CORRECTLY YOU ASSMUFFIN

*hugs*

I know this feeling. I've been there before.

I actually don't use MeGUI anymore simply because the colossal shitepile has never managed to process a video properly for me. It always comes out like how scratched DVD's play, skippy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »
YES

I didn't derp my way through Otohime's fight using Marisa :V

Marisa's extra must be easier than Reimu's D:

Reimu score: Extra 039, 619, 880, Normal 131, 007, 930
Marisa's score: Extra 130, 633, 580, Normal 145, 858, 000

And this was a first try, mind you :V

Zil

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2012, 07:51:27 AM »
Reached Yumemi with three lives. I was Chiyuri. I lost, but whatever. :I

I really hate to say this, but the final match really comes down to luck as this character. Some of Yumemi's attacks are easy to dodge, some are impossible, and sometimes she just uses spell attacks repeatedly instead of boss attacks. You just hope she doesn't decide to kill you. Most characters can recharge between bosses, but with Chiyuri Yumemi's presence on your side of the field is practically constant, so... yeah.
Well then, technically I already cleared with Chiyuri, so I'm happy with getting a "well-played" run that nonetheless failed. Someday I'll get it, but for now I've done enough PoDD. I seem to recall wanting to try UFO at 90fps, and there's always the revenge I must take on EoSD.

EDIT:

Well I played UFO a bit (at 60fps) and I have some serious improvements, mainly against Byakuren. Since I haven't played at all, I assume this means I just got better. I have no fear of micrododging Byakuren's second nonspell at least, and in fact prefer it to the method I always thought was better. Still worried about that curvy laser spell though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:28:41 PM by Zil »

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2012, 11:06:13 AM »
New guy here, I'll list my accomplishments while I still can. I just started working on UFO hard so I will be in the rage thread......a lot  :(.

Easy mode 1ccs-Lls, MS, EosD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD.

Normal mode 1ccs- Lls, MS, EosD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD.

Hard mode 1ccs-Lls, MS, EosD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA.

Easy mode 90 Fps 1cc-SA

Extra mode clears-PCB,MoF.  I've been pretty lazy when it comes to extra mode : /

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
"Light Magic" is one of my favorite spells now because it's all about side-reading and I really need to work on that, so I play that spell often.

In recent news, I decided to play PCB again after about a month of not playing it and graduated myself to Hard mode for kicks too.  Although it wasn't a 1CC by any means, I did manage a healthy 2CC with two lives left at the end of 50% Reflowering.  Compare that to six months ago when a 1CC of Normal was almost impossible. :)

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
New guy here, I'll list my accomplishments while I still can. I just started working on UFO hard so I will be in the rage thread......a lot  :(.

Hello there new guy and welcome. UFO Hard huh? Good luck with that.

Zil

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
And speaking of UFO, I just some good runs of stage 5. Perfected the stage part twice. The first time Shou went terribly, the next she killed me three times, which is good by my standards. It seems it is actually possible to improve at this stage after you get raped enough times. :V

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »
P...Purists?  This IS MotK I'm on right now right?  Anyway, if there's anything I learned from my STG experience, it's fuck purists.  Those guys are all about their CRTs and scanlines and $800 PCBs of games with perfectly fine ports.  And for the ones who do buy the ports, you can be damn sure they turn their TV on its side.  Stage practice?  Game pads?  KEYBOARDS?!  Perish the thought!  Guys like ISO and HFD got great with their coin-op machines and sticks, so clearly that is the BEST way to play!  So go support your local arcade today!!  8)

On another note, this contains everything except SA (haven't used these yet, but I assume it's all shot types), which I have here for ReimuA.  I also cheated for stage practice though :V.  Raise fps to speedclear, cheatengine to infinite lives, and away we go~.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
And speaking of UFO, I just some good runs of stage 5. Perfected the stage part twice. The first time Shou went terribly, the next she killed me three times, which is good by my standards. It seems it is actually possible to improve at this stage after you get raped enough times. :V

Here's how to deal with the spellcards:

Jeweled Pagoda "Radiant Treasure"
Dodge in the direction of the wave that has the flat wall directed at you on each wave. It's easier to go through one wall than it is to go through two curves.

Light Sign "Absolute Justice"
Remain between lasers. Dodge to another lane when a wall gets close.

Buddhist Art "Most Valuable Vajra"
JUST BOMB. BOMB IT. I HATE THIS CARD AND I KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Light Sign "Demon of Purification"
Stay huddled at the bottom and just dodge the waves. On both waves the lasers cannot kill you.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 04:12:03 PM »
I find it easier to go through the two curves since the spaces are bigger, though naturally I just follow Shou. Anyway, I just got a run against her that I am certain would have been "perfect" if I hadn't been at 1:00 power for the whole fight. >:I

And yeah, the stage is still annoying. An absurd amount of difficulty comes from inability to see clearly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:13:53 PM by Zil »

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Esu, I don't offer advice on UFO Lunatic. Especially considering that you are offering advice to Normal mode cards and the advice for one of them being to bomb it.

And the last spell's laser can kill you if you hug the bottom on half the waves.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »
Imperishable Shooting in-stage capture!
Shame I failed Hourai Doll in -stage for the first time in forever

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »
UFO Normal ReimuA NoFocus 1cc

Yay, it looks like crap.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
UFO Normal ReimuA NoFocus 1cc

Yay, it looks like crap.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20089
This run doesn't  :V
Let's see...
S1: 2/2
S2: 3/4 (bombed final spell)
S3: 3/4 (bombed final spell)
S4: 2/4 (captured the first one and Sinker Ghost =D )
S5: 3/5 (missed Shou's first 2)
S6: 3/6 (Missed 3rd, 4th and last, almost cpautred Devil's Recitation.  Only went for the first spell to spite Esupanitix show him how it's done)
TOTAL: 16/25 spells captured.  Not bad for a no focus run, and it's a NEW personal best score for UFO normal too!

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
I got up to Hourai Jewel in yet another attempt at unlocking Blazing Star.
It was annoying to fail at that point, though.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2012, 06:32:04 PM »
Yeah!
I'm going to No Focus UFO Normal too!

jeez esu how trendy are you

I'm also going to try to score blues, so a 1CC might be pretty far off :V

@thread
Otohime's final 2/2 is an achievement, right?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
jeez esu how trendy are you
I felt like redo-ing something I'd already done ages ago to do it way better and hey look something I did ages ago I could do way better now.

Didn't mention that I cleared 5/0 in my run this time as opposed to 0/0 before.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2012, 06:43:25 PM »
After many tries, I finally managed to ND1B the first three stages of UFO Lunatic (bomb on PSM of course). Why the hell am I doing this, you ask? Part of a pet project of mine, which is to get a no-UFO 1cc on Lunatic. Why am I doing that, you ask? Because of this seemingly insatiable desire to prove the UFO tokens as worthless. I died stupidly on Murasa's opener of all things in that run, which is probably for the best since I accidentally picked up 2 tokens during Stage 4. When I'll get this, I don't know, but unlike most other challenges I have left this one feels like it actually has some meaning to it.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
I got up to Hourai Jewel in yet another attempt at unlocking Blazing Star.
It was annoying to fail at that point, though.
Most of my failures on solo Reimu hard were here-don't give up, and remember that 1 life should be enough if you don't worry about reversing.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Well, progress has been made on Mokou.

Game over'ed to Fuijyama Volcano and capped Honest Man's Death and Xu Fu's Dimension on the way there, quite a few nonspells too. Mokou's non spells seem quite easy to me, so less bombs and silly deaths the better. Who knows, might beat her one of these days, really oughta take what I've got off her and EX Keine into Spell practice and get consistent at a few of them.

Xu Fu's Dimension confuses me, nothing but the rice bullets and the red amulets when they start moving seem to actually hurt me, so I normally just stream to one side inbetween the red amulets and it seems to work. Also, Honest Man's Death is lol, while I'm glad I've got the trick figured out, how the hell do they expect you to have the necessary brain aneurysm required to try moving into the laser as it spawns.

It's literally counter-intuitive to what anyone with any video game experience at all would first think to do.  :V