Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition  (Read 200537 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:02 AM »
Previous thread.

As Sapz once said, there is no luck in shootemups. Come on, what did you do?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:39:18 PM by Esupanitix »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Inanimate Dream Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:26:34 AM »
Questioning the thread title somewhat.

Also, I thought that I recently got 1,000,040,000 in MoF Easy recently or something.

And then I retraced my memory and found that I had dreamed that.
that's right, i don't dream about the touhou universe, i dream about playing touhou
it's like some sort of unconscious purgatory of unrealistically good playing

Actual achievement?

Um..... I got VSync working :toot:

OH WAIT I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING

TEN DESIRES LUNATIC 7CC

:colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:30:59 AM by Chisou Taizen »

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:47:21 AM »
TEN DESIRES LUNATIC 7CC

I think I've done TD Lunatic 3CC, but it might have been 4.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »
TEN DESIRES LUNATIC 7CC
Showoff, my first run yesterday was an 8cc. >_>
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »
It's funny, because I recall a PCB lunatic vs. TD lunatic argument by some people in another thread.

Well, I didn't have to creditfeed PCB lunatic ^^;

Sure, it was still two continues, but eh

I'll work at cutting down that seven to six, or five, maybe, if I'm feeling special.
Since continuing doesn't reset point item value like a sensible person might expect, my highscore is something along the lines of 223,700,304 :V

My highscore on that near-NoFocusBombMiss Easy mode? 222,000,000 :getdown:

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
About that argument.

TD's danmaku is NOT like PCB's. It's confusing and annoying and as a result near undodgable. Worse and harder.

Subscribing etc.

Zil

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 07:32:30 AM »
PoDD
Lunatic - Kana
Zil - 53,571,120 - ALL - Replay

Hey you people generating nonsense, don't we normally start these threads by listing cool stuff that we've done? :( Enough talk of PCB vs. TD for now. As I recall, there's pretty much already a thread about difficulty discussion anyway.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »
> "listing cool stuff"

oh yeah

TH06: Normal clear
TH07: Hard clear, Phantasm clear
TH08: Normal clear
TH10: Normal clear, Extra clear
TH11: Normal clear, Extra clear
TH12: Normal clear, Extra clear
TH13: Normal clear
Marine Benefit: Normal clear, Extra clear

In checking my last retabbing in regards to 1CCs and clearings and mess, in the past 9 months or so........

I haven't budged.

Accomplishment! :toot:

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
IN Lunatic Final B 1cc with non-default lives (aka 3 extra lives)

I thought this was going to be piss easy but apparently it wasn't! Considering this was an exceptionally good run and I still cleared with only a life (1 red star) to spare.

It's a shame because I thought I'd be able to 1cc with 3 extra lives, as in, with pseudo-default lives.

The Keine fight went "ok" and the first card's capture was pretty crazy.

The Marisa fight was subpar at first but then turned amazing at its second half. I'm pretty sure I capped the entire half. Excluding magicannon. :(

Rabbits went pretty bad imo. I lost a life to Tewi and 2 bombs to the third nonspell, which shouldn't have happened. I was also close to capturing the second spell. :/

Then I was 2 lives up (as in, 5 lives) and chose Final B because I thought Eirin would be harder.

Lost a life to the opening death fairies. Gained a life via last extend.

The Kaguya fight was actually ok. Despite bombing every spell. Since, y'know, I was actually doing ok against them. But I died TWICE on the second nonspell which pretty much sealed the deal regarding a normal 1cc.

Of course, learning how to stream Hourai Jewel would have helped as well. I did not switch sides successfully even once, aside from one time when I ALMOST succeeded but got trapped and had to stream UPWARDS, TOWARDS KAGUYA.

Which actually worked for a very nice period of time and made it so she lost like half the card's health, which was hilarious.

It really did feel like I could have done it in this run. A shame. :(

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »
Speaking of multi-continue clears, I finally got Imperishable Night Lunatic down to 2CC tonight.  I'm actually starting to feel confident with some of the spells, although I doubt a 1CC will be happening any time soon still.  I haven't even cleared a Hard Mode yet, let alone Lunatic.

On another note, finally captured Emperor of the East. :D

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »
I've done a whole bunch of stuff but right now I feel the best about perfecting 2 extra stages.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »
New thread, just need to post here so I get updated about what's going on in here.

An accomplishment might be successfully capturing the post-Momiji barrage which is quite hard to do. Moreso than beating up Momiji anyway. ZUN you need to make more stuff like that because to be frank, it's quite badass.

A replay if anyone wants to see it. :http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20050

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
Oooh, new accomplishment thread. Time to get my achievements list in order...

(all non-Extra perfects and timeouts are on Normal)

EoSD: Extra clear, that's about it (I don't play EoSD much)
Timeouts: Red Magic, Four of a Kind, Catadioptric

PCB: Extra perfect, Phantasm no-miss, Extra no-focus with Marisa, Extra 90FPS, Normal no-bombs, Normal 90FPS, Hard clear, all bosses perfected
Timeouts: Merlin's opening nonspell, Lost Soul's Village, Deadly Dance, 12 General Gods, Princess Tenko

IN: Extra no-miss, Extra 90FPS, Easy no-focus perfect with Sakuya, Hard clear, Possessed by Phoenix and Fantasy Heaven no-focus captures with fast characters
Timeouts: Phoenix Tail, Fujiyama Volcano, Emperor of the East, Tree-Ocean of Hourai

StB: All cards clear, no-charge capture of Pandemonium, no-focus capture of St. Germain, no-charge no-pictures no-horizontal timeout of Hierarch's Arcanum

MoF: Extra no-miss, Extra no-bombs, Extra no-focus, Normal no-miss, Normal no-bombs, Normal 90FPS, Lunatic clear, all bosses perfected
Timeouts: Wind God Hidden Among Tree Leaves, Misayama Shrine Hunting Ritual, Miracle of Otensui (on Easy), Moreya's Iron Ring, Jade of the Horrid River

SA: Extra no-miss, Normal no-focus with Marisa, Normal 90FPS, all bosses except Satori perfected, Genetics of the Subconscious capture at 3.00 power
Timeouts: Knockout in Three Steps, Double Black Death Butterfly, Boundary of Wave and Particle, Tengu Macro Burst (no-focus), Cat's Walk, Needle Mountain of a Former Hell, all of Utsuho's cards

TD: Extra clear, Normal 90FPS, all bosses perfected
Timeouts: All of Futo's cards (no-focus no-vertical except the last one), Laser of Seventeen Articles, Will-o-Wisps in Unknown Orbit, Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics, Scrolls of Frolicking Animals, Stupid Miko's False Exorcism (no-focus)

MB: Extra clear with all characters including SanaeC, all bosses perfected, Gathering Void -White- captured
Timeouts: Great Ocean of Stormy Weather, Silent Siren, A Child's Breath in a Flash of Light, Rising Salt Ball, Kanpukugu's first two cards for all characters, Akashic Record Player

Not a complete list since there's some stuff that I didn't feel like listing.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »
Questioning the thread title somewhat.

Inanimate Dream is the theme for the second form of Lotus Land Story Yuuka, whom is considered a very difficult final boss simply for the shit she throws at you, especially her first phase. Haven't even beaten her yet, and the fact that she kicks you out of the sixth stage if you continue doesn't help at all.

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »
"But why is she the thread title?"

Anywho,

IN Lunatic Final B 1cc

This run was fantastic. I'm counting this as a clear with default lives because I cleared with the equivalent of 6 spare lives (actually 5, but at one point I got an extend while having 8 lives so ;-;). So yes, even if this had been with default lives, I would have cleared, and with flying colors too.

Close to a perfect Keine.

Close to a perfect Marisa.

Derp-less stage portions for the most part.

Everything worked.

And this run came to be.

Actually, not everything worked: I screwed up literally the ENTIRE Stage 5 and still got away with not dying, and only one bomb wasted. Seriously, I have no idea how I survived all that. And I died to Tewi again but ehhhhhh.

At one point I was avoiding point items so I don't get ANOTHER extend with full lives, which was hilarious.

I'm so proud. :)

E: I just remembered how extremely annoyed I was at the final attack rush when I fell asleep on the first card, which I normally capture. Seriously, I would have won with <5:00AM time if not for that. :V
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:04:36 PM by BT »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:56 PM »
"But why is she the thread title?"

Because
1. As long as it's appropriate, I stalked the old thread for an autolock, I'm choosing the damn title. I was the first to make a new thread, I'll name it what I want to. I could have named it "Everyone sucks a [REDACTED] at Touhou" but I didn't feel like it.
2. I fucking love Yuuka
3. Inanimate Dream Yuuka is fucking hell to defeat, even on Normal and anyone that can perfect at least on Normal has my undying respect.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
Motioning for thread title to be changed to "Virtue of Win God" edition

Also stalking for autolock threads just to name the new one is kind of...childish/immature.

Nice job on that 1cc BT, now go to PoFV without a broken type  :V

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »
Virtue of Win God has got to be the most epic title ever. I support it.  :D

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
I would if I'd played the game enough to know what's a "broken type".

Because I almost never play PoFV. :/

In fact I think I've yet to 1cc it on Hard, so there's a thing.

Supporting the title change.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Virtue of Win God has got to be the most epic title ever. I support it.  :D

I fourth* this motion, or suggest that someone make a note for it to be the next title at least
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
Motioning for thread title to be changed to "Virtue of Win God" edition

Also stalking for autolock threads just to name the new one is kind of...childish/immature.

Yeah yeah yeah  ::) I don't care if it's immature. There's nothing against it, and I only stalked it for like five minutes. It's not like I sat there for hours going "Is it locked yet?".
I might change it to your idea, but I'm thinking about it.

Enjoy.

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Aha...ha...ha...

HAHAHAHAHA

I DID IT

I BEAT YOU MOKOU

NEVER AGAIN

Replay here and expect a video of this within the day.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
I would if I'd played the game enough to know what's a "broken type".

Because I almost never play PoFV. :/

In fact I think I've yet to 1cc it on Hard, so there's a thing.

Supporting the title change.
Aya and Medicine are broken because the AI doesn't account for the speed of EX attacks/lowered speed, Shikieiki is slightly broken due to sudden laser width.
Personally I'd suggest using Marisa.

I might change it to your idea, but I'm thinking about it.
This isn't a dictatorship, your name was outvoted 4 to 1 so far  :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
Wasn't Marisa also broken because the AI couldn't deal with her lasers at all? Think I read that a year ago, though it's been longer than that since I last went through any modes with Marisa so I have no idea if that might have been a dream.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
The AI can dodge Marisa's lasers because they're thin enough to get out of the way in the ~3 frames the AI leaves for dodging stuff coming near it.  Doesn't mean they do it well, but they do., except when they wall themselves.  If anything it's like SanaeB; not broken, but effective.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
My list (all on Lunatic where applicable):

EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, and Extra perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc (regular and no-bombs), all Stages perfected
IN: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4B, and 5 perfected, Extra cleared
StB: all 85 Scenes cleared
MoF: Lunatic 1cc (regular and no-bombs), all Stages perfected
SA: Lunatic 1cc (regular and no-bombs), all Stages perfected
UFO: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and Extra perfected
DS: all 108/99 Scenes cleared as Aya/Hatate
GFW: Lunatic 1cc (regular on all Routes, no-bombs on Route A-1), Extra cleared
TD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 perfected, Extra cleared, best score: 1,982,527,130 with Reimu on Lunatic

Looking at lists like this, I realize how few worthwhile survival accomplishments are left for me to pull off (at my current skill level, at least).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 04:13:36 PM »
Aya and Medicine are broken because the AI doesn't account for the speed of EX attacks/lowered speed

I always used Aya because I liked her special ability.  :D

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
This isn't a dictatorship, your name was outvoted 4 to 1 so far  :V

Well then thread stalking has its charms.

As for accomplishments, I haven't died to a cheeto laser for the past day, nor did I bomb.

I'll change the title this time but I'm gonna stalk the thread next time and put something really stupid in return.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:38:59 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
The AI can dodge Marisa's lasers because they're thin enough to get out of the way in the ~3 frames the AI leaves for dodging stuff coming near it.  Doesn't mean they do it well, but they do., except when they wall themselves.  If anything it's like SanaeB; not broken, but effective.

Ah, I see, I see, so it wasn't a dream after all. Guess they still cause more problems to me than the AI, then. Though I still hate going up against Reimu, which the AI has no problems with, which evens out because I always pick Reimu, so I guess that's fine.