Author Topic: Why aren't "waifu" threads allowed?  (Read 14337 times)

The Touhou Fan

• For being Videogamer
Why aren't "waifu" threads allowed?
« on: July 25, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »
I saw this looking through the garbage bin of threads to see what's been tossed out. And I heard someone say that type of thread sexualizes the touhou characters and that's not in the spirit of touhou. Someone else got their thread locked for having a thread for "claiming" a touhou character. The admins assumed it was a reworded "waifu" thread, although from my view, it has nothing "waifu" or sexual meant if it is only claiming them, not marrying them. The word claim should have been taken literally, not as a euphemism for a "waifu" thread. Why do I see it that way? Well because there's lots of reasons to claim something. For example you could pretend they were all plushies and you were trying to collect them all, sort of like Touhou Pokemon maybe? Or maybe claiming them as your employees, who'd work for you as a body guard who'd use their powers to stop bad guys from robbing you? Seriously it seems like the admins were seeing bad stuff where it wasn't necessarily intended. But this is just one man's opinion.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:23:43 AM by The Touhou Fan »

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
Re: Why aren't "waifu" threads allowed?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
Good thing somebody made this thread because I was about to ask this question when I first joined but was scared because I thought I might get banned. Also I like the idea of claim your shrinemaiden.org waifu
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »
Even though I'm a total noob who didn't go to the old forums I can field this one. Waifu = japanese slurring of the english word wife. Touhou fans being obsessive over particular characters as they are would probably fight over who has the rights over a certain character incessantly. It's a bit of a one person to one character deal and with the character being fictional and unable to chose from various suitors, there's no way to fairly settle the dispute.  Also, with the character being fictional, there's really no point in making a claim except to police other people's imaginations. The fighting would arise regardless or perhaps even because of the thread's purpose. It's a fairly simple issue I'd think.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:38:25 AM by Tonepoet »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 07:40:43 AM »
Back in the old forum, there used to be threads like "who would you sleep with." We all got along with this and its spinoffs, seeing interesting results like Patchy being in first.

Then the proper waifu thread was made, where we all claimed Touhou characters as our "waifu" (FYI, this term is usually meant in a joking fashion). It became ridiculously popular, and role playing got very out of hand, and well, long story short the admins got sick of it and banned them ever since.

I'd still like to see the "who would you sleep with" thread come back though; I thought it was entertaining.  :-\ Though I guess now that there aren't any more polls it'd be harder to keep track of.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Touhou Fan

• For being Videogamer
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:42:28 AM »
I'd still like to see the "who would you sleep with" thread come back though; I thought it was entertaining.  :- Though I guess now that there aren't any more polls it'd be harder to keep track of.

Pervert much?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
More the fact that it was amusing to see Yukari and Aya constantly trade places and to see if anyone actually paid attention to the PC-98 characters gathering dust down in the bottom. D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 08:00:21 AM »
I'd still like to see the "who would you sleep with" thread come back though; I thought it was entertaining.  :-\ Though I guess now that there aren't any more polls it'd be harder to keep track of.

Pervert much?
Actually, the 'who would you sleep with' thread was a common custom on the last forum before it was deemed as shit and everyone stopped making them. Waifu threads were seen as the same thing after it got insanely popular (you should have seen it, you go away for 20 minutes and when you got back the thread would be close to autosaging), then the roleplaying aspect started getting chaotic and after that the MoTK bigwigs said 'Fuck this shit' and stepped in.

Also, inb4Gpop
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »

Pervert much?
Actually, the 'who would you sleep with' thread was a common custom on the last forum before it was deemed as shit and everyone stopped making them. Waifu threads were seen as the same thing after it got insanely popular (you should have seen it, you go away for 20 minutes and when you got back the thread would be close to autosaging), then the roleplaying aspect started getting chaotic and after that the MoTK bigwigs said 'Fuck this shit' and stepped in.

Also, inb4Gpop
How do you know this? Didn't you join during June? unless you joined the last forum but didn't join this one till later or you read through all the pages of posts or you lost your old account so you made a new one
"DUMBASS!" "I'd hit it" "Bear-sona~!" "Critical hits to the nads!" "What you're really asking is... "Will you please beat the **** out of me, Kanji?" "...I Gotta pee." ''Everydays great at your Junes~'' "You calling me a loser?"

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 08:14:52 AM »
Erebus is Demonlord Pichu.
Was he OH NOES IT'S A GHOST?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:21:46 AM by Tenshi »

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »
The reason given is that a thread where you claim a Touhou character and basically can do whatever you want, even without the sexuality aspect, is really not a topic to have on the forums.  And, seeing where those Waifu thread(s) did go, there aren't many people that are going to argue with that point.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:19:26 AM by LiteYear »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
Gpop is going to have traumas again upon reading this thread.

The "Who would you sleep thread" was pretty disturbing aswell because someone voted the 'Five Magical Stones.' The original 'Claim your Waifu' became infamous for it's disturbing post contents. (Unfortunate I was a person who contributed bit aswell, so I am just as guilty as anyone who posted in there).

Neverless it was time for CHANGE and it got gapped.

Hououin Kyouma

• KEEP YA GUNS ON!
  • ARE YOU READY, GUYS!?
    • When Posters Cry
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 08:25:57 AM »

The "Who would you sleep thread" was pretty disturbing aswell because someone voted the 'Five Magical Stones.' The original 'Claim your Waifu' became infamous for it's disturbing post contents. (Unfortunate I was a person who contributed bit aswell, so I am just as guilty as anyone who posted in there).

Was your waifu Remi? And didn't Gpop get probated for making 'claim your touhou' thread?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »
Was your waifu Remi? And didn't Gpop get probated for making 'claim your touhou' thread?
Remilia is my fav Touhou char but I went for Sakuya for the fun of it. ** Traumas, shiver shiver **

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
Good thing somebody made this thread because I was about to ask this question when I first joined but was scared because I thought I might get banned. Also I like the idea of claim your shrinemaiden.org waifu

Moogy already did that. It got burninated.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 08:31:06 AM »

That was me...Gpop started this one RP which was the last RP of the threads. it was just a joke but by then the thread was already getting a bad rep. Basically he said one thing and then others chimed in about me leaving a goddess for a devil and things went crazy from there. Otherwise known as "The Suwako Incident" to those who remember it. I still shudder at the thought of it but i laugh too.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:38:34 AM »
because claiming a Touhou waifu is basically this

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:42:07 AM »
Erebus is Demonlord Pichu.
Was he OH NOES IT'S A GHOST?
Nah that was somebody else (to which I have no idea as to who it really was, but I think it was that Yumi-somethin fellah). My default name (Demonlord Pichu) showed up in posts after I nuked my last account.

That was me...Gpop started this one RP which was the last RP of the threads. it was just a joke but by then the thread was already getting a bad rep. Basically he said one thing and then others chimed in about me leaving a goddess for a devil and things went crazy from there. Otherwise known as "The Suwako Incident" to those who remember it. I still shudder at the thought of it but i laugh too.
I was wondering when you would get here.

Yeah, I feel kinda shitty for going along with the Waifu business, but I can't think of any other time I laughed so hard at...well, anything. Meh it's one of those "We felt like retards back then, but we can laugh about it now" sorta things, I guess.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »
haha. yeah it was definitely fun but some of the posters had really dirty jokes and all which is why it was looked down upon. It was definitely a cirno class topic but man. people took the jokes too far and admins canned it. but yeah it was probably too dam popular haha. i think in less than 24 hours it autosaged once. it had like 5-6 threads one after another like dominoes.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 08:51:28 AM »
I tried to revive the waifu thread concept by making people pretty much make fools of themselves and provide original witty material in order to keep their "waifu", but annoyingly, Edible had a conniption. The plan was a beautiful one and was going to require ridiculous participation with hilarious results, and yet, no one was willing to let my work come to fruition.

We don't have waifu threads because people here care about what other people on the internet think, and since Touhou is considered loli fodder and NO ONE IS THE GODDAMN WORLD IS WILLING TO REFUTE IT, we're trying to keep things has non-creepy as possible by keeping posters from living out their "2D marriage" fantasies. In fact, we've pretty much banned anything NSFW from the forum. And most things that are SFW. You do not come to this board to have fun. You come here to post about Touhou, and if you have any intention of having fun and rocking the boat of this illustrious board, then I suggest you post a resignation thread in Cirno's Perfect Math Classroom so we can permaban your account and keep you from making this place something it should not be.

Question answered. Thread locked.