Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 239486 times)

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
So all that needs doing is applying the translations?
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
From what I understand (and I don't know everything quite yet in regards to translation), most of the gameplay stuff has been done, while beyond Reimu's story not much is done for story translations. So it's a lot more than just applying them at the moment. Of course, people who are more aware of what's going on should have clearer answers than me.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2014, 01:20:38 AM »
Last I heard there was a significant amount of gameplay-relevant things that were not translated yet.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
Is there a dump anywhere of the story?
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2014, 02:09:16 AM »
Yeah I thought there was still tons of work to be done for both story and gameplay, despite the fact serela promised to finish it all in like 25 days 2 months ago or whatever =P (actually that didn't happen but I like to tease).

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2014, 02:10:48 AM »
Yeah, there are dumps of the SCN files somewhere. Deranged I think would have had them (although since he left the project I would imagine whoever went for story related stuff would know better at this point).
Speaking of which, if this is getting back into gear, we should really, really have another progress check so we can make a plan. We already know we can't really do Banquet at the moment, so it's really just Festival or bust.

Cut: Alright, fair enough. It'd still be good to get a progress check going though with anyone who has volunteered to do something... if there is anyone.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
I wonder why deranged quit. I figured it must have been personal reasons or something because he kinda..well.. never seen him quit. But then he said he's gonna work on laby2 now? Did someone offend em? tell me who! I'll uppercut em! Though I guess not my business since deranged didn't say why. blah. But my point is I doubt deranged quit at anyone's expense, and would try to share what he could with everyone working on the project before he would.

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2014, 02:28:51 AM »
Yeah, there are dumps of the SCN files somewhere. Deranged I think would have had them (although since he left the project I would imagine whoever went for story related stuff would know better at this point).
Speaking of which, if this is getting back into gear, we should really, really have another progress check so we can make a plan. We already know we can't really do Banquet at the moment, so it's really just Festival or bust.

Cut: Alright, fair enough. It'd still be good to get a progress check going though with anyone who has volunteered to do something... if there is anyone.
Yeah, I think we should have both progress and also a list of files that have been finished + need to be translated. I'm willing to help, I have Festival myself and would really like to see an English patch!
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
Since people are asking for them, These are all the story-related files I have. They're from the original game though, I have no idea how Banquet/Festival/whatever changes things.

And just to clear up any possible misunderstandings, no one pissed me off or anything. The reason why I left the project is essentially:

-I have less time than before.
-Because of the above, I have less inclination to translate things which I don't particularly like. (Though to be fair, I don't know if I would like DOD or not - I've never actually played it)
-A combination of the above two can lead to a serious killer to motivation, which was part of the reasons for my multiple absences.
-I recently got some motivation to start translating again, but having experienced the above three points, I've decided to limit myself to one project at a time, and to limit myself to those I think I would have the motivation to complete. I decided to choose the game that I did play, and that I did like, i.e LoT2.
-Thus, I think it would be fairer if I were to officially leave this project so that other people could potentially take over without thinking that they might be stepping on what I've already done, or that I'm still involved and wouldn't know where to start, and that my track record with this project isn't all that good anyway.
-There is a >0% chance that I might return to this project (if it is needed/I'm still welcome anyway) at a later date, but I have at least one other project after LoT2 in mind, so if it does happen, it won't be anytime soon.

« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »
Thank you Deranged, and good luck with Lot2's translation.

Here is a list of srsdb files that weren't translated by Deranged :

game/data/database/EventMAP.srsdb
game/data/database/MNU_FRAME.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2103.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2104.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2105.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2201.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2202.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN2308.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4100.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4101.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4102.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4103.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4104.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4105.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4106.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4107.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4108.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4109.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4110.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4111.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4112.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4113.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4201.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4202.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4203.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4204.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4205.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4206.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4207.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4208.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4209.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4210.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN4211.srsdb
game/data/database/SCN_BATTLE_kou.srsdb
game/data/database/chr.srsdb
game/data/database/cond.srsdb
game/data/database/edu.srsdb
game/data/database/eventcollision.srsdb
game/data/database/item.srsdb
game/data/database/letter.srsdb
game/data/database/line.srsdb
game/data/database/message_kou.srsdb
game/data/database/monster.srsdb
game/data/database/pfn.srsdb
game/data/database/rfe.srsdb
game/data/database/tanzaku.srsdb
game/data/database/test-o.srsdb
game/data/database/tizu.srsdb
game/data/database/tizu2.srsdb

Yes, that's a big list. But it is smaller than the list of files Deranged has translated. And that doesn't mean all these files have to be translated. Some of them probably doesn't contain text we need to translate, and some of them may have been translated by other people. Maybe none of these files needs to be translated.
I'll eventually edit this list if I find files that doesn't need translation, or that were already translated by someone else. Or someone can copy this list and remove the concerned files.

Also, I don't know if the Deranged's files were changed by any update or extension. It seems game/data/database/SCN0100.srsdb didn't change, but it would be too slow to manually check each file. I'll try to do some mass processing to see it soon (tomorrow, I think).

Edit : I removed the files that doesn't seem to contain any text.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:11:36 PM by brliron »

« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
I don't know if the Deranged's files were changed by any update or extension. It seems game/data/database/SCN0100.srsdb didn't change, but it would be too slow to manually check each file. I'll try to do some mass processing to see it soon (tomorrow, I think).

Nearly every file translated by Deranged changed between the version 1.00 and matsuri v2.11.
I'm not sure someone want this, but as I have it, I can give it. Here is the full list of differences in scene files between v1.00 and matsuri v2.11 : http://www.mediafire.com/view/7y696j29m4u5z1j/diff_SCN.txt

Lukesky180

• Yuyuko-sama!
« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »
So, do files from the Festival 2.11 need to be uploaded and translations transferred?
>Oh, hello little one!
~Sister of Scarlet~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2014, 11:52:58 PM »
So, do files from the Festival 2.11 need to be uploaded and translations transferred?
It's possible the encryption on Banquet will be cracked by someone or another by the time DoD's translation is actually ready to be put to work (it may be going, but it's not going quickly enough to think something like "Oh hey if we get this stuff done we can play soon!")  so I don't think it'd be worth trying to put things in actual files from Festival unless the project already hit a point to apply a patch with.

Although of course, making sure the translation of the text itself is up-to-date is still important.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
Try putting those archive here, those people are great at decrypting archive file.

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »
Considering how the amount of changes from Festival to Banquet is pretty much insignificant when compared to what we got from Lingering Summer Heat to Weekend, and how the hacking/patching would have to start all the way from the beginning  because of all the file system changes, I would say it's not worth waiting until someone figures out how to work with the new stuff (and finds out the previous translation is unsurprisingly incompatible as well).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2014, 12:20:25 AM »
I'unno, the crappier master characters getting buffed stats and having all the promotional shikigami avaliable is pretty nice. And if you don't want to trawl the jap wiki forever, knowing what level shikigami learn their skills at is -really- nice, because there is a WHOLE LOT OF SHIKIGAMI and test-driving them all is really not a realistic option if you don't wish grinding forever.

Anyway, the main thing here is- the game ALREADY is not translated enough for the patch to be inserted, from what the most knowledgeable people have said. If stuff has to apparently be ported over after the translation is done to work for Festival in the first place, there's not much point doing it now when it very well may be an equal effort to just do it for Banquet instead if it's cracked by the time translation is ready.

tl;dr The game isn't translated enough to patch anyway (and most likely won't be in the immediate future), no need to rush to apply it to Festival. If the encryption is cracked, porting it to Banquet when a patch hasn't even been made for Festival yet might not be -that- much of a headache difference.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:47:06 AM by Serela »

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #406 on: June 26, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »
Reporting back in on .tarc files. It appears there *are* programs that work with .tarc. Has anyone tried something called "trakAxPC"? It appears to be able to open and manipulate .tarc files.

What is the issue with getting into Banquet's files? Is it just the file format? Is there something else?

ANYWAY

So if the changes between Festival and Banquet are very small, let's get started. Do we have Festival's files opened? At that point, we should start up a wiki/spreadsheets/etc. Is anyone already on this? If not, I'll get it going.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:49:49 PM by Alcoraiden »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #407 on: June 27, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »
That's not the same kind of .tarc file. That's for audio mixing and editing, not archiving files.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:11 AM »
(tl;dr summary at bottom) Such weird things happen when the person who's supposed to be head of the project is absent for extended periods of time :V I'm not calling him out or anything because IRL is obviously more important than translating a silly game for free, but now that people aren't ignoring the thread, there's no higher-ups that can give proper responses or actual backed denials to the suggestions.

It's pretty awkward to have people going "Well progress isn't moving? Let's do something about it!" when they aren't an actual translator, anyway, since that's probably the biggest thing- actually translating the files. People who want to translate can already respond to this thread and get given an file to work on, albeit after a bit of finagling to contact TNG. There's other chores to be done too, but I'll address that in a sec, why it's not so easy to just do it.

Do we have Festival's files opened? At that point, we should start up a wiki/spreadsheets/etc. Is anyone already on this? If not, I'll get it going.
I think everyone other than Deranged had been translating actual Festival files. Part of the Deranged thing is that a lot, if not all, of his work was done before Festival was released in the first place. (It's not relevant enough for me to go check) That being said, many of those Festival files are either in-progress or have been heavily worked on by a translator, so you can't really just start up something yourself. And except for maybe TheNewGuy, there's not a centralized collection of these in-progress (or finished) files.

He's accessible by email in his profile IIRC if you're seriously going to try something. No one else here can actually really do something like that to any real successful degree, because we just don't have all the files and knowledge of patch progress. Although honestly, the most important thing to advance the project is probably just "translators translating the files" and "could someone crack Banquet?". If the files ACTUALLY WERE TRANSLATED and Banquet still wasn't cracked, that'd be different, but they're not. (Although a good amount of progress has been made, of course!)

tl;dr version of this post:If you want to do something with the project, whether it's translate a file or help in a different manner (UNLESS it's cracking banquet encryption), the first and unskippable step is "Email TheNewGuy". Email's in his profile, I don't mean PM him. No one else has enough of the files and patch progress knowledge to get a serious attempt at anything.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:00:46 AM by Serela »

Alcoraiden

« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
A couple pages back, we took stock of people who were still here. At this point, it seems like people are interested, *even if* we have to restart the entire patch. I will email this dude, but if he doesn't respond, there's no use in saying "redoing progress is lame; let's just quit."

Also, Serela, yes, I'm not a translator, but it seemed like what this thread needed was someone to kind of coordinate things. People were flailing around going "what do now" and I figured "pointing people in a direction" was helpful.

On the .tarc files: Damnit. Sigh. I'll keep looking; guess I stopped too soon.

I've emailed TheNewGuy to see if I can get hold of his resources. Until then, let's keep organizing and start the translators going on files we *can* get into. TheNewGuy hasn't posted since January. I don't even know if he'll email back anytime soon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:42:40 PM by Alcoraiden »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #410 on: June 27, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
there's no use in saying "redoing progress is lame; let's just quit."
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh that's not ANYWHERE NEAR what's going on here? We have some people working on translating the files that haven't been done (aka they're NOT redoing progress OR quitting) and in the past when he's emailed he shows up.

The project isn't anywhere near "give up" stage. The people who are flailing are the people who aren't working on the patch but still want to see it done and are like "why can't I see progress?"

Until then, let's keep organizing and start the translators going on files we *can* get into
Again- the translators are already doing this. The patch isn't stopped, it's just going a little slow right now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:16:04 PM by Serela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2014, 09:52:22 PM »
It's a strawberry bose curse, their games, despite having high demand and desire for translation patches, have a history of setbacks and mysterious disappearances. Everyone roll D20 for blame!

Alcoraiden

« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
Serela: You seemed to be saying that I shouldn't be here because I wasn't a translator. ("It's pretty awkward to have people going "Well progress isn't moving? Let's do something about it!" when they aren't an actual translator, anyway, since that's probably the biggest thing- actually translating the files.") I was simply correcting that.

I'm not blaming; I'm trying to assist with coordination. That was the whole point. I'm aware that the patch is simply going slowly and people are working. I just check in to see where things are at and how it's all going and make sure people don't get disheartened, because right now there doesn't seem to be a hub of activity where anyone knows what anyone else is doing.

« Reply #413 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
Is this translation dead?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Miky200

• Now until The Moment You Die.
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2014, 12:57:05 PM »
I was wondering too any update?

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #415 on: September 21, 2014, 04:14:45 PM »
I'm not aware of how many people are working on the translation side of things, but I know I am...supposed to be.

I've been recently beset by a series of moves that has left me without the time or resources necessary to push things forward.  I currently have no real internet connection (posting off my phone's connection atm) and no computer that can handle Japanese characters.  I certainly do intend on remedying both of these issues, so I will be able to return to work on this in hopefully the very near future.

When I last lost contact, I think everyone was trying to decide whether it was worth it to keep going with what we had or to switch over to the Banquet files.  Has that discussion reached a conclusion yet?  I assume that I'll be okay to work on the previous files anyways since worst case scenario I have to copy and paste some text (well...someone has to copy and paste some text).   I somewhat doubt they did a major script and item description rework >.>

In either case, once I have functional Internet and a computer that isn't half as old as I am, I'll get back to work on this stuff straight away.  Let me know if there's anything I should be made aware of in regards to the patch in the meantime.

« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2014, 04:04:33 AM »
I'm so hyped for the translation of this game, I'm following this topic since I finished Genius of Sappheiros many months ago.
Really wish good luck to all of you guys.

« Reply #417 on: October 16, 2014, 11:48:49 PM »
I'm not aware of how many people are working on the translation side of things, but I know I am...supposed to be.

I've been recently beset by a series of moves that has left me without the time or resources necessary to push things forward.  I currently have no real internet connection (posting off my phone's connection atm) and no computer that can handle Japanese characters.  I certainly do intend on remedying both of these issues, so I will be able to return to work on this in hopefully the very near future.

When I last lost contact, I think everyone was trying to decide whether it was worth it to keep going with what we had or to switch over to the Banquet files.  Has that discussion reached a conclusion yet?  I assume that I'll be okay to work on the previous files anyways since worst case scenario I have to copy and paste some text (well...someone has to copy and paste some text).   I somewhat doubt they did a major script and item description rework >.>

In either case, once I have functional Internet and a computer that isn't half as old as I am, I'll get back to work on this stuff straight away.  Let me know if there's anything I should be made aware of in regards to the patch in the meantime.

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression the decision was made to continue working off the final 2.xx release rather than moving over to Banquet, in large part due to Banquet being extremely import-unfriendly.  I could be wrong.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:43 PM »
I'm not one of the people in charge, but the switch to Banquet would be a bad idea, because it uses the still as of now uncracked file format that Touhou Quest and Nightmare of Rebellion use. At least with Festival the file format we've already cracked. So I guess if TwilightsCall looks back at this at some point, I would say yeah, we should stick with Festival because otherwise we'd have translated stuff but nothing we can easily pack it into.

« Reply #419 on: October 17, 2014, 05:57:46 AM »
That's it.

If someday we can extract and repack banquet files, we'll probably switch to banquet, but for now, we keep working on festival.