Author Topic: How can I get my mother to agree with buying Touhou?  (Read 9182 times)

Drake

Re: How can I get my mother to agree with buying Touhou?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 09:53:08 PM »
Mom says that she wants to see a few videos and study the series a little bit
have you considered that this might end up badly
as well as the site where I'm gonna order them (JBox), but otherwise, she's fine with me buying them.
This could... also end up really badly considering the site contents of JBox, depending on your mom. If you go ask Forza you could probably get it for around 30-40$ after shipping depending on where you live.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Avan Nozomi

• Look, it's a Rawrgna!
  • 何が遠い旅行ですか?
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
@Drake: Actually, I explained the deal with JBox to her in the most gentle and religious tone I could muster, and she said that she totally understands that I dislike the random sexual things on the site (lolnotreally), and she says we can still order from the site.

@Tengukami: Oh crap, yeah, thanks for the reminder. I honestly forgot about that sort of thing. :derp:

But yeah, if I just wrap this up carefully, then I'm fully authorized to buy the Touhou games! :D
I can see the glory cause I wipe my tears
All part of the same thing be signed
I really want to feel delight
Even if I live in dying dreams
-Truly Glory, by FELT

Drake

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »
you are winner

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Drake's right - showing her how on-the-level the situation is helps. I'd add you could also leverage your "angel of the family" status, too, in the bargain. Speaking of bargaining, there's also wagering: I once bet my father that I could ace an Algebra midterm for permission to buy an AD&D book.

Heh. I once made a bet about my chemistry midterm to go to animethon if he let me go to a taste of animethon. I lost. Which means no con going for a year and a half i suppose? I can live with it. I guess I'll go make a dark templar costume rather than cosplay stuff this summer. FROM THE SHADOWS I COME.

But yeah, if I just wrap this up carefully, then I'm fully authorized to buy the Touhou games! :D

Good work =] My parents are letting me buy stuff now lol. Finally getting a paypal account so I can buy crap, although I think I'm going to need to get my dad to give me back around 400 dollars cuz I'm starting to run low on cash. (He's been holding around 1.5k for me so I wouldn't spend it all. Good idea imo.) Ridiculous how much I've spent on food and boxing day.

Also, you should check out paletweb.

http://www.paletweb.com//selectpage.asp?code=0001317
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:58:16 PM by gammaraptor »