Author Topic: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3  (Read 194929 times)

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
Re: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 01:38:05 AM »
Crappy new characters for a crappy new expansion pack for a crappy year for Touhou. Oh boy, can't wait for 2010 it can't be worse than this year.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:02 AM »
You're just jealous that you're ignored again (knows your thoughts on Mima returning).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

AhKi

• Love Sign
  • Fweem
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 01:51:26 AM »
o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ 

8)
The old man the boat.
The cotton clothing is made of grows in Mississippi.

Some sentences are better than others. These are those sentences.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 01:51:38 AM »
So uh, if you know my thoughts, why does the first half of your post contradict the other?

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 01:52:12 AM »
Could it be Ruukoto has returned? NAAAAAAAAAAW.

AhKi

• Love Sign
  • Fweem
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »
Mima is just grumpy because Mima is a villain and villains are grumpy.
The old man the boat.

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »
and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Miko.

AhKi

• Love Sign
  • Fweem
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »
The best thing about Mima is when you fight her for the first time. and she uses that stupid RAMMING INTO YOU attack in a danmaku game and it kills you. and you feel like a complete asshole for letting yourself get faceplanted by ghost amid all these bullets. That's why Mima is a villain. And villains hate happiness.
The old man the boat.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »
and she uses that stupid RAMMING INTO YOU attack
Actual Melee in danmaku is so awesome.

the great youkai Daidarabocchi
If only we still have the good of days of giant youkai roaming around and Yukari kicking 50ft tall asses... : :(

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »
This is pretty much going to be the worst game to come out this year, hands down.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2009, 02:29:07 AM »
Letty is just jealous of Cirno overshadowing her AGAIN.

nintendonut888

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 02:38:04 AM »
The best thing about Mima is when you fight her for the first time. and she uses that stupid RAMMING INTO YOU attack in a danmaku game and it kills you. and you feel like a complete asshole for letting yourself get faceplanted by ghost amid all these bullets. That's why Mima is a villain. And villains hate happiness.

And then it never works again, because you know it's coming.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 02:42:02 AM »
Playable Sanae once again fills me with rage.  Playable Meiling is meh.  Playable Cirno makes this the strongest Touhou fighter!

Hooray!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

shinyjam

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »
And then it never works again, because you know it's coming.
Is a great weakness of Melee attack...unless it's random generated direction when you replay, then it still painful.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2009, 02:50:38 AM »
Letty is just jealous of Cirno overshadowing her AGAIN.
Yeah, being popular for being retarded is definitely something to be proud of.

mark2000

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 02:52:22 AM »
Any news about the actual gameplay? My only hope is that it isn't like SWR....=_=

nintendonut888

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
And now the canon Letty shows her face. D: The one who actually doesn't want to be associated with Cirno at all! YOU MONSTER!

But really, Cirno's one of my favorite characters because I sympathize with her trying her hardest to be strong, but being completely outclassed by everyone around her (which is me in most everything physical). Her being slow in the head has little to do with it, though it was in fact the Odenpa Love Girl video that spurred me to get into Touhou in the first place.

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 03:01:34 AM »
Is this supposed to be an "official" Touhou spinoff game? You know, as in it was Zun came up with the story and let Tasofro develop the game? Because from the looks of it, TH12.3 seems to be more like a parody game.

nintendonut888

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 03:03:24 AM »
...How? The plot is fairly standard fare. The only odd thing is that Reimu and Marisa don't seem to have any part in it. And as far as I know, ZUN always develops the story for Touhou games, including the fighters.

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 03:05:53 AM »
...How? The plot is fairly standard fare. The only odd thing is that Reimu and Marisa don't seem to have any part in it. And as far as I know, ZUN always develops the story for Touhou games, including the fighters.

Well, the fact that it's not announced in the news section of the Shanghai Alice website is a start.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:07:28 AM by grgspunk »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2009, 03:08:39 AM »
The hilarious part of all the people up in arms about Cirno over what fanon did to her is that Cirno has appeared in more games than every Windows character that wasn't selected and a handful of Touhous that are already in SWR.

Not to mention being the subject of what is arguably the most popular BAiJR article.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2009, 03:09:59 AM »
TO all who swears at SWR.

screw you to hell!
i got more people know about Touhou through SWR than through IAMP ALONE

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2009, 03:53:43 AM »
TO all who swears at SWR.

screw you to hell!
i got more people know about Touhou through SWR than through IAMP ALONE
Does anyone honestly care about how many suckers you rallied in because of SWR? I'm just curious.

Also (so I won't come off as a complete prick)...

I want to know what the gameplay's going to like as well. I don't mind the fighters that much, but it would be awesome if they pulled off some Beat'em up action instead just to do something different. But, yeah, I'm just day dreaming, now when I say that.

Whatever.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

nintendonut888

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2009, 04:02:45 AM »
A Touhou beat 'em up? That...sounds pretty freaking sweet actually. Plus it'd explain why there are only three characters announced. The chances of this being so is a little less than zilch but it's an awesome idea. Then maybe the bosses would be the cool looking yet nameless and personalityless bosses in the vein of HRtP. MAYBE KONNGARA WILL COME BACK! :O

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2009, 04:10:23 AM »
A Touhou beat 'em up? That...sounds pretty freaking sweet actually. Plus it'd explain why there are only three characters announced. The chances of this being so is a little less than zilch but it's an awesome idea. Then maybe the bosses would be the cool looking yet nameless and personalityless bosses in the vein of HRtP. MAYBE KONNGARA WILL COME BACK! :O
I suppose that's what tipped off my 'looking kinda Beat'em up there' impulse, the fact of having only 3 different characters as a whole. Plus Meiling in beat'em action is something my mind will not let go of even if it is a recent thought.

Also

Please stop making me hope for things that will not come to be. I told myself that Touhou and hope do not mix, and I don't wish to change that today...
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

shinyjam

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2009, 04:20:04 AM »
I prefer the regular danmaku game in this version though, the giant robot would probably take all of the screen and with massive hp bar...and for once...kicking a mountain sized robot ass in touhou...with Cirno. She can't miss at that size...or can she.  :V

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2009, 04:21:40 AM »
it's just Nero Arc Chaos...

or Giant Akiha

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

nintendonut888

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »
Perhaps they're all really mistaken about it being shaped like a man and it turns out to be a large mechanical bee...X_X

Drake

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2009, 04:28:33 AM »
Daidarabocchi != Hibachi.

Or at least we better damn nope not.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:09 AM »
-snip-
Giant Robo, Daidarabocchi, or Taisuei-shengjun.  Or it could be Demogorgon for all we know.  But most likely these are all wrong.  (I'll put my money on Oni #3, the third Deva of the mountain.)  Though I find that gear in the title curious.  Nitori, perhaps?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:34:43 AM by Aya Reiko »