Author Topic: Polynomial  (Read 3660 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Polynomial
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
I thought this was a pretty kick-ass game.

Free download demo for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Pretty simple - shoot the red things, fly through the green things (which give you power-ups, rapidfire or homing missiles), and fly through stars to replenish your health.
Left-click fires, right-click zooms, your mousewheel moves you forward or backward.

Oh, and here's a video of the gameplay.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:00:43 AM by Amaterasu-ōmikami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Re: Polynomial
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
This looks pretty neat...

Have it downloaded, will try it when I wake up later today (it's 4 AM dangit)

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:25 PM »
looks cool, but it doesn't work properly on my machine since my Video Card is too old. i don't get any of the effects, from the cool perticle effects to any enemies or weapons effects, just the HUD and a bunch of garbled squares.

'tis a shame, since it looks pretty sweet.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:36:35 PM »
looks cool, but it doesn't work properly on my machine since my Video Card is too old. i don't get any of the effects, from the cool perticle effects to any enemies or weapons effects, just the HUD and a bunch of garbled squares.

'tis a shame, since it looks pretty sweet.

Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention - older video cards might not render this as beautifully. I'm getting the full effect, myself, and some people have reported getting improved graphics by updating their drivers.

It's only 5MBs, and free, so it's worth a shot. And the only difference between the demo and the full version, by the way, is that the full version has more maps, as well as multiplayer capabilities. So even for a demo it's pretty close to what the full version is.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."