Author Topic: [Create.swf] Touhou comics Powered by Yukarium  (Read 38422 times)

Kazero

• Shooting Star
Re: [Art]I try create.swf comics
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »
If you're planning on making your average run of the mill non-moving comic, I recommend using paint.net, picking a background then changing the character sprites (if you're using sprites) then putting the text in.
but if you're doing the full on animations then go right ahead and use flash

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
Caster Shells.....Pfft....
Thank you for the nostalgia trip man, I really should get around to finishing Outlaw Star sometime.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »
Tiny writing is tiny.
Something about Miko's expression in the third panel makes her look really cute ^_^

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
If you're planning on making your average run of the mill non-moving comic, I recommend using paint.net, picking a background then changing the character sprites (if you're using sprites) then putting the text in.
but if you're doing the full on animations then go right ahead and use flash

There are two other methods of animating create.swf stuff: puppetry through desktop capturing software or aligning png images caught by image capturing software. The former is quicker, but the file sizes are larger. The latter is slower, but allows for more precise/complex animations. I have two tutorials on the subject if you'd like to know more:
-General Walfas/Puppetry Tutorial
-PNG Tutorial (note: the method I show is a little outdated [but image anchoring can still prove useful when trying to transition between two unrelated images], but I'm linking this because the other Walfasers have posted more efficiant methods. Skip to 3:11 to see how to animate with PNGs.)

As for the comic, it was pretty good, but as a guy who likes to nitpick things, here's what I'd improve on:
-The text size is a tad small.
-Try adding borders to the images. In Photoshop, it should be under Layer Style under Stroke (set the Stroke settings to Inside and 2 or 3 pixels wide). In Gimp, put a selection marquee over the frame, go to Edit > Stroke Selection, and add a 2 or 3 pixel wide stroke.
-Just a personal comedic timing thing: I would have had Frame 3 with Miko saying, "I will take that as a compliment", and Frame 4 with them telling Miko, "They were the bad guys" with Miko's reaction as the punchline.

Still, it's a good start. I'd like to see where you're heading.
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:41 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'm going to look at those two video later tonight.  And I don't know what happened with the text, it looked bigger when I was writing, something must have happened in transition xD

EDIT:  Your first video had a lot of stuff that's going to come in handy.  Especially with the speech bubbles, I didn't realize you could resize the bubble, but not the text.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:39:15 AM by Phlegeth »

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »
-Just a personal comedic timing thing: I would have had Frame 3 with Miko saying, "I will take that as a compliment", and Frame 4 with them telling Miko, "They were the bad guys" with Miko's reaction as the punchline.

I think it's funnier as it is. It might not be the textbook setup, but that's what makes it better, with that offhand comment in the end. We don't really need to see her reaction on that.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »
Alright the next one is up.  It still became smaller when I uploaded it.  I think that may be a Photobucket thing.  And again Spaztique, your tutorial really helped.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
..Pffft. Trollolsuke in full gear I see. :3
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Spaztique

• Writer, Animator, Easy Mode Advocate
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:08 AM »
Nice! Editing's improved, along with the text size, and the comic made me laugh. This is getting good!

Edit: Also, I think Photobucket's limit is 1024 pixels high.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:29:41 AM by Spaztique »
Making Touhou music and actually-pretty-decent Walfas animations since 2011!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »
#3 - HRtP In A Nutshell

This one seemed better in my head than how it actually turned out xD.

Also I'm going to try and keep a M-F schedule and update midnight-ish EST.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
You could've made panel 3 as her being remotely good at batting it around, bumping it off the panel's borders(classically breaking the 4th wall as per usual), and the 4th panel be the typical punchline it already has.
But aside from that, they're all pretty hilarious.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:10 AM »
#11 - Can't Help It At That Age

It's a little late, but I was having fun with the creation.  Except for that last guy, when it popped up like that I knew it was perfect for the back of the line.

And about this arc.  Awhile back there was a Parenting WWC and this was basically my idea.  And as you can see it's not so much Yuuka parenting as Yuuka with a baby and a  tank harassing people.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
Ah...hilarious as always! That last guy's a rather nice touch I might add. Doesn't wake up for anything.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »
#18 - The Worst Possible Thing

I haven't been feeling too well and missed the deadline three times this week.  Sure it's a self imposed dead line, but I still feel bad for missing it.  And I blame Hanzo K. for that.  And I'm serious, you have no idea how much it means for you to keep posting with words of encouragement.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:26 PM »
..Oh Yuuka, never change.
I especially liked the part where Shinki goes "I forgot who I was talking to. *annoyedstare*"

EDIT: But don't feel rushed on my account, sometimes you gotta take your time with these. I should know. I used to dabble in these myself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:07:16 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42:53 AM »
#19 - Making An Entrance

I'm glad I didn't name #14 Making An Entrance and saved it for this.

But don't feel rushed on my account, sometimes you gotta take your time with these. I should know. I used to dabble in these myself.

Oh I don't feel rushed.  I've got a lot of these planned out and have notes written down, it's just a matter of me not being lazy getting to it.  If I didn't set a schedule and did it whenever, they'd probably not even be in the double digits.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »
Dang it, Hanzo how could you let me forget I was doing this!  xD No seriously, I completely forgot I was doing 4 panel comics.  Umm...here we go.

#24 - Seal of Approval

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 08:50:30 PM »
...*Fzzt*....*Snrk*...Classic! 8)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
...*Fzzt*....*Snrk*...Classic! 8)

Whew, I'm glad you liked.  I was worried, you'd face palm at the pun.

#30 - Order Vs. Chaos

This brings an end to this little arc type thing.  I was looking at some of the stuff I jotted down and noticed a couple of things involved Yorihime and I needed her down on Earth.  So that fixes that problem.

Anyway, the Lunar Capital seemed like a very law aligned place.  And by contrast Yorihime must see it as Chaotic.    But I see it more of a neutral ground.  To me, Gensokyo is more about Freedom than Structure or Strength.  And by elimination that must make the outside world chaos aligned.  In fact the original punch line was Reimu saying, "You should see the outside world."  But then I realized I don't actually know much about the outside world and the joke didn't really fit.  Maybe I just over thought it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
Sounds like a normal day in Gensokyo. (And my place too, but that's another thing.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
Sounds like a normal day in Gensokyo. (And my place too, but that's another thing.)

xD Your place sounds awesome.

#31 - Footsies

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 08:36:06 PM »
...Oh Marisa, you're doing it For MAGIC! (The Magician's version of 'For SCIENCE!'.)
(And my place is often a hotbed of chaos. It's tough being the Only Sane Man....Who is also more than a little bit insane. Par for the course for Gensokyo really.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Daemoniken

• Nitori...just 'cuz.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 12:22:31 AM »
Marisa's newest spellcard, as of comic 31: "Fetish Sign: Footsie Spark".

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 07:12:39 PM »
...Oh Marisa, you're doing it For MAGIC! (The Magician's version of 'For SCIENCE!'.)
(And my place is often a hotbed of chaos. It's tough being the Only Sane Man....Who is also more than a little bit insane. Par for the course for Gensokyo really.)

Sanity is overrated, "And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." ~ The Tick

Marisa's newest spellcard, as of comic 31: "Fetish Sign: Footsie Spark".

...dedicated to Tarantino

#32 Whiterock Beach

Beach episode!  And no prizes for guessing who is about to show up.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »
Okay I had no idea where I was going with the beach episode.  I mean I had some ideas, but every time I tried to work with them, they fell flat.  So yea.

#33 - Shrines and Youkai

I've been setting on this idea for a little while.

Daemoniken

• Nitori...just 'cuz.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 02:22:03 AM »
Dat Marisa, always looking for loot.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
Dat Marisa, always looking for loot.

To bad subtlety is not her strong suit.

#34 - A New Party Member

A costume change, cause I somehow copied the DNA wrong and I had to remake them.  It's mostly small stuff and looks similar, and Sanae got a new hat.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 04:34:07 AM »
Whoops, let it get away again.  I'm going to stop this "arc."  I couldn't think of anyway to get to the next joke without info dumping and that would have been boring and seemed like filler.  I'm still going to do the jokes, just not in an arc.

#35 - Roukaw!  Enter the Sword

Laziest comic ever?  I think so.  Have you seen Kung Pow!  Enter the Fist!, it's an awesome movie and this is one of my favorite scenes.

#36 - FUS RO JAO!

Having Remilia drink was a lot harder than I was expecting it to.  "Sanae goes to Meiling to learn a Dragon Shout" was an idea I had a while back.  But I couldn't really think of anything to do with it and threw out a lot of ideas before landing on this one and even still I think the punchline was a little weak.

#37 - A New Guard

What could possible go wrong?

#38 - A Tank's Job

I don't know why tanks don't like me.  This is what you're suppose to do.  If the DPS dies, it is your fault and if you die, it's the healer's fault, no exceptions.  The DPSes are never at fault.  Ever.

#39 - Boiling Point

Alt. Title: Screw Physics, Eye'm Cirno
My first idea involved Cirno and Nitori arguing about if the above is possible, but I noticed a distinct lack of Rumia so I changed it up.  I think it's funnier this way.

Also I changed image host sites, so now they won't be resized.  I'm going back and fixing the other links.

#40 - Unicorn Mount

Have I mentioned that I think Yuugi is a giant, cause I think Yuugi is a fucking giant.  Also I brought Yorihime down to do more than Gensokyo is Chaotic gag, I promise.

#41 - I Dunno Either

That fourth panel was a bigger pain than I anticipated.  At first I wanted to do a triangle cut-in, but that turned out horrible and I had to do the whole thing again from scratch.

#42 - Captain MurasaMarisa

This is one of my first ideas.  I was planning on doing it a little after the Yuuka and Baby arc, but I ended up umm...not doing it xD.

#43 - Shazam

Bananas are a good source of potassium.  Or so I've heard, not a big fan of bananas.  They are a funny shape though.

#44 - Don't Stop Me Now

If the title for Queen of the Night is up for grabs, someone should inform Remilia.

#45 - Dubhe Merak Phecda Mizar Megrez Alioth Mizar Alkaid

A warm and fuzzy comic to lighten the blow of what's going to happen next!  OH GASP!

#46 - Another One Bites the Dust

"She is the terror that flaps in the night.  She is the thief that steals your precious. She is Darkwing Witch!"

#47 - Scarlet Sparkle

"Anyone know a place that's hiring?  Hardworker, 500+ years experience, accidentally got my old boss exploded."
On a serious note, I've always figured Flandre to be a daywalker.  I mean she's really strong and daywalkers are usually strong vampires.  ...usually.  Anyway, I can actually see her being resistant to most vampire killers.  Immune to crosses is canon.  Running water probably just slows her down at most.  Garlic might be a problem, being in the basement with poor light might have heightened her smell sense even further.  Steaking and beheading would probably work, but then again what wouldn't that work on?

#48 - Press 'R' To Try Again

See Meiling proves it's possible to think that your exploding is totally awesome and still be willing to jump in to defend your honor.  Also Marisa's a jerk.

#49 - The Grand Escape

Tanking brooms doesn't come up that often, but vampires can totally do that too.  What blasphemy do I do?  A nosebleed with no perviness!?

#50 - Hurts The Resell Value

Because let's face it, Meiling's job would be boring without Marisa.

#51 - One of a Kind

Does Eientewi have a "W," well if didn't it does now.  Whelp I'm finished with this arc.  And it was completely accidental.  It was suppose to be one comic, Rumia and Mystia arguing about the title and then attacking someone off screen and the punchline was the newspaper article.  But that was too much for four panels and then I mentioned Remilia in that little blurb and thought about what if she wanted in on it and tada here we are.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:33:11 AM by Phlegeth »

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
#52 - The Wilting Flower

No one tells Yuuka where she can and can't walk.

#53 - Jealous of the Living

Look at that Yuuka, high as fuck.  Thinking she's Kogasa and shit.  Why does no one ever heed the Yama's advice until it's too late.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:21:42 AM by Phlegeth »