Author Topic: ZUN tying the knot?!?!  (Read 62941 times)

Re: ZUN tying the knot?!?!
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:08 AM »
It's actually you.

inb4 she goes by the name of "You".

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »
nice news, I hope everything keeps going well for the couple :D

personally I don't think ZUN's to-be wife will interfere directly with the series' universe, though I can imagine that, with the coming of a family, the games (and musics and written works) will take longer (unless he gets enough people to help him in production and he finds himself time). It's even possible that he somehow decides that making games/music/writings isn't as much fun anymore, or he doesn't have as much time as he would like to and find himself unable to do (in his words, previously) games that he'd like to enjoy.

This said, I personally think that the man deserves his happiness, and I'm thankful for the stuff he's made so far, which gave the fanbase something (especially diverse and likable) to be creative with. I didn't mention, too, but there's also a more 'neutral' outcome, or even something better than initially expected, production-wise. There should be no reason for us to worry about, since there's not something that's under our control (partially or completely). Once again, I'm just playing with the possibilities :D  (especially one where ZUN's children do what Tolkien's couldn't do well, afaik: to take the reins of the IP and continue his legacy. Or... ZUN stops making Touhou works and agrees to concede the IP or rights of use to Cave, due to not being able to attend to doujin conventions anymore. Or even gives them some help and participation.)

Lastly, I'm curious if we'll ever see his future wife make games as well, and if she does, what kind of games would they be like.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »
You know, I have to say, this is totally unsurprising to me.  People seem to have so many preconceived notions about everything Touhou and ZUN.  You know, like ZUN being a constant drunkard, single-for-life, etc., when there's really not much about him outside of conjecture and theorycrafting.  Not that he's reclusive or anything, he seems like a pretty normal, easygoing guy IRL, doing his own thing.  Who happened to find an interesting hobby/employment niche, along with a taste for good beer.

May they have many happy years together.

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »
Does this mean ZUN can't go out drinking at night anymore? :qq:

I'm sure having a wife is an excuse to drink even more.

huehuehue.

Drake

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 01:40:13 AM »
You know, I have to say, this is totally unsurprising to me.  People seem to have so many preconceived notions about everything Touhou and ZUN.  You know, like ZUN being a constant drunkard, single-for-life, etc., when there's really not much about him outside of conjecture and theorycrafting.  Not that he's reclusive or anything, he seems like a pretty normal, easygoing guy IRL, doing his own thing.  Who happened to find an interesting hobby/employment niche, along with a taste for good beer.
Basically yeah. It comes to no surprise to me that he's been with someone for the past little while, and he's even talked about her before, just not in this context. We basically talk about ZUN to everyone like he's some stereotypical extremely underweight permavirgin hikikomori who is also an over-the-top alcoholic. The reality is, he's probably more "normal" than a significant portion of his fanbase. People just like taking these qualities to extreme levels because they make him sound more extraordinary and as a consequent, another way to introduce Touhou to people as something ridiculous (in the good way), and why they should be interested in it. To an extent, these qualities make him seem more relatable and amicable to potential fans. I would say it's just a tenet of western fandom, but japanese fans likely do the same.

And about his beer thing, has anyone else even examined how dedicated he is to beer aside from "lol alcoholic"? While sure I'd say he's pretty great at drinking constantly, he's actually more like a wine aficionado and collector, but with beer. His movapic and twitter are filled with all sorts of weird beers and he's always drinking something different. If you really look into how far this goes, it's pretty interesting.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
Basically yeah. It comes to no surprise to me that he's been with someone for the past little while, and he's even talked about her before, just not in this context. We basically talk about ZUN to everyone like he's some stereotypical extremely underweight permavirgin hikikomori who is also an over-the-top alcoholic. The reality is, he's probably more "normal" than a significant portion of his fanbase. People just like taking these qualities to extreme levels because they make him sound more extraordinary and as a consequent, another way to introduce Touhou to people as something ridiculous (in the good way), and why they should be interested in it. To an extent, these qualities make him seem more relatable and amicable to potential fans. I would say it's just a tenet of western fandom, but japanese fans likely do the same.

And about his beer thing, has anyone else even examined how dedicated he is to beer aside from "lol alcoholic"? While sure I'd say he's pretty great at drinking constantly, he's actually more like a wine aficionado and collector, but with beer. His movapic and twitter are filled with all sorts of weird beers and he's always drinking something different. If you really look into how far this goes, it's pretty interesting.

I guess ZUN's like a real life Touhou character.  We don't know the most about him, so we make certain characteristics more prominent.  I think most of us do it in good nature...

...like how I'm picturing ZUN, cradling a child with one arm, programming with the other, and wearing one of those drinking hats.

Anyways, here's hoping the best for ZUN and his future family.  :toot:  I honestly don't find the news that surprising.  I mean, yeah, I'm surprised, but people find love all the time.  I never really found ZUN to be that much of an oddball... I just thought he was a very talented individual who liked to keep to himself.

I haven't seen a single "I was supposed to marry him!" comment from you people yet... I am disappoint.

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:59 AM »

ZUN himself has become something of a fictional character in his own rite.

What Drake is likely to be the reality. Joke are jokes however, but sometimes people miss the context completely.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
Yeah, to be honest ZUN always seemed pretty chill and well-adjusted to me. Maybe a little twitchy when interviewed, but when he's at the pub or at a party he knows how to have a good time. Also, I think it takes a fairly balanced personality to be able to do what he has done and continues to do.

Still hoping they go with the vows from "Make Us Your Brides!" though.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »
I haven't seen a single "I was supposed to marry him!" comment from you people yet... I am disappoint.
i was going to but typing on my phone is a pain :derp:

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 03:57:36 AM »
I find the news really awesome! Partly because I had this small feeling that something like this would happen!

The next thing for me to observe from this is the reactions everywhere. Grats to ZUN nonetheless!
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
I can't wait to hear her musical theme.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 05:32:44 AM »
After overreacting in my own personal space and then telling myself to stop being an idiot about this whole thing I am back. Wooo

Ah man how cute would it be to see little ZUN-babies running around  :3
And as for games I hope we can see some of her work in the future. Or even,  a game by Wife and Zun made with loveeee andbeer :V

...like how I'm picturing ZUN, cradling a child with one arm, programming with the other, and wearing one of those drinking hats.
Someone please make a picture of this.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 06:04:06 AM »
I haven't posted in this topic because I've been contemplating on whether I should say this or not...

Congrats to ZUN for being successful at living a normal life (and even more congrats to the lucky lady, fufufu)!~
I really hope they have a wonderful marriage. :*

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 06:06:08 AM »
If they've known each other for this long, I'm sure they will.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 06:40:29 AM »
They are actually already married, were like that in the last half a year, it's just that they decided to hold a formal ceremony as well.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:03:58 PM by Just Simply Solais »

Sality

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:28 AM »
New Touhou character based from his to-be-wife. Go!

On the more serious note, I am happy hearing one of my favorite franchise' creator is getting married, God-speed to both.

_dk

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:33 AM »
New Touhou character based from his to-be-wife. Go!

*cough* Aya *cough*

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »

Aye, ZUN is just doing what he has to do, pursue his own dreams. I mean: He is running his own brewery and brand right? He hangs out with people and socializes a lot in cafes n stuff. The guy now is getting married.

He wins more at life than most of us for sure.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
This is quite the surprise, I had no idea ZUN was dating someone, much less someone who was helping him work on his games! Someone who shares the same interests as you...Reminds me of when I met my girlfriend. It was a blessing out of nowhere, and I worked and nurtured that relationship as best I can. ZUN probably did too, so kudos to him for finding his sweetheart. ^_^ Here's to a happy March 1st for them both!

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
If this is really true - I can only congratulate him...
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »
N-Forza, I am hearing from a person I know on another forum that ZUN is infact already married (married by law you call it?) for a while now but a real wedding party was yet to be given?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
They are already registered as such, yes. The actual ceremony had to be put on hold because they were so busy.

Sality

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:59 AM »
*cough* Aya *cough*

Since they were already married last year, and according to this pic.
I guess that makes Mamizou his wife's game counterpart, lol.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
Given ZUN's been pursuing her since IN, the current operating theory is that it's Aya.

How deliciously meta.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »

I knew he was a man of good taste from the moment I saw him drinking Orval in some interview.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
ZUN confirmed he won't be participating in Reitaisai, but the staff will probably have something special in mind instead.
awesome

Yessssss!!!! :getdown:

On a side note, Zun's kids would probably have meaningful, uncommon names. You know, with Zun's naming sense and stuff.
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
Since they were already married last year, and according to this pic.
I guess that makes Mamizou his wife's game counterpart, lol.
She does look quite a bit like Aya actually...

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
inb4 she goes by the name of "You".
Ota You Kai Jou?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
Given ZUN's been pursuing her since IN, the current operating theory is that it's Aya.

How deliciously meta.

Also ties in perfectly with this theory of mine.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »
Dear ZUN:

Konngaratulation! :toot:

Love, some random fan.
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222