Author Topic: The Emperor's New Groove, Touhou Tuesdays start 2/28  (Read 31865 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
The Emperor's New Groove, Touhou Tuesdays start 2/28
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
e: Showtime is 5-7pm PACIFIC, overcoat is a dummy xP

Overcoat and TrueStar, two of our relatively new members, are DJs on http://areciboradio.com/, and has somehow managed to con them into letting them run a Touhou-themed radio show on Tuesday evenings!  Here are a few words from our outerwear overlord.

Hi there Maidens! I'm a relative newcomer on these boards. As you may or may not know, I run a show on http://areciboradio.com/ called "Radio OverCoat" every Wednesday, and every Thursday, TrueStar runs a chiptune radio show called Noise Channel. Well, my playlists have gotten so full of Touhou arrangements I've decided to take them all and put them into one 2-hour show, called of course, "Touhou Tuesday," that I will be hosting with TrueStar! I have a more detailed post up here on KNGI, a network of videogame music podcasts that I belong to. It'll debut next Tuesday Feb 28, at 5 to 7 PM Eastern Pacific US time, and it'll be at that time every week. The Arecibo site has a chatroom as well, so you can talk to us DJs while we do the show! If you can't make it, don't worry, they'll be archived You can follow me on Twitter for more accurate news updates @RadioOverCoat, and TrueStar's radio twitter is @NoiseChanRadio. We may be making a new one just for this show, but we'll keep you all posted. Thanks for listening, chiiiiildren!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:04:28 PM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: The Emperor's New Groove, Touhou Tuesdays start 2/28
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
I'm quite liking this. Welcome, Overcoat and TrueStar!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

OverCoat

• Don't think. Feel, and you'll be tanasinn.
    • OverCoat Music
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »
That's 5-7 PM pacific  :smokedcheese:

8-10 pm eastern US time!

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:11:16 PM »
overcat overcat

where my 2hus.  hope you have good ones.

[Edit]  Hehehee, people are already joining the Arecibo Radio chat.  :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:43:13 PM by Momiji »

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »
Hmm, I just might give this a listen.

Tengukami

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »
Hmm, I just might give this a listen.

Got a tab open of it right now. Playing quality, I gotta say.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:07 PM »
Thanks. :3  We hope that everyone enjoys it!  If you have requests or suggestions, send either of us a message here or shoot us an email at touhoutuesday(at)gmail(dot)com .  We have our own Twitter too at @TouhouTuesday.

Tengukami

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:03:46 AM »
Oh, I can tell you right now: anything with Syrufit, Shibayan, or 3L is going to be just fine by me.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:08:19 AM »
Draw the Emotional, EastNewSound, or maybe some from Sally too...

I'd also say Morrigan, but we all know heads would explode if that came on~  :derp:

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:04 AM »
Floating Cloud.

Tengukami

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
And so it begins!

EDIT: "We have lots more Shibayan tonight ..."

YES.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:09:22 AM by Tengukami »

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »
Allow me to say...

THAT... WAS AWESOME!

Some great tracks played! The chat was pretty full, a good time was had, and even when it ended, no one stopped smiling. You had to end on Hinnacle, didn't you!? XD
Will tune in next week for sure; you had better play PiPiPiPARU if I do~ <3

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 03:09:52 AM »
This first show was quite pleasant! I'll have to listen to more than a few of those songs again later, and though I'm not a fan of IOSYS in general, Miracle Hinacle was a good way to end the show, I think.

Looking forward to next week's set, and will also try to tune in on Thursday for the Noise Channel too.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 03:52:26 AM »
Aw, I got online too late this week. Maybe next time~

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 04:06:18 AM »
I only caught the last half-hour of tonight's show, but what I heard sounded pretty interesting. I'll be sure to check this out in future weeks.

And I think that's the first time I've listened to Miracle Hinacle. Catchier than I imagined. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

OverCoat

• OverCoat Music
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 05:20:05 AM »
It's been archived!
http://t.co/Zdk2Rzln
Thanks to all who listened! I made new friends <3

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »
Hooray! I'll be listening to it tonight, and maybe I won't feel so much like I missed something cool :V

Tengukami

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »
That was amazing. I was sorry I had to leave after the first hour, because damn I was having a great time. Was especially blown away to hear this for the first time. And thanks for posting your set list!

I think this is definitely going to be a weekly thing for me. Thanks again for this, and for popping into our humble community, both of you.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
Oh, Daddy, do I have a list of recommendations for you fledgelings. I'll have an infodump ready for you two later today. Mind you, it's still a limited list, but it'll surely add a decent number of groups and songs to your library.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
If I can make it for the timezones, I'll give this a go for sure (I know you can listen back to archived ones but that is for myself bit lazy :V)

Good job guys!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 04:09:51 PM »
That was amazing. I was sorry I had to leave after the first hour, because damn I was having a great time. Was especially blown away to hear this for the first time. And thanks for posting your set list!

Yeah, that song, and a few choice others, are definitely going onto my YouTube playlist. :D

...I think I'll toss that specific song at a few of my IRL friends who like Madoka too.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
Awesome~ Sadly, I didn't get to catch it this week (:derp:), but I'll certainly try to next week and subsequent ones!
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »
Im going to catch this next week x3

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »
To everyone who made it out to the pilot show, THANK YOU!  The response was so positive that OverCoat and I actually got a little nervous. ;)  I'm pretty sure this was one of the most successful pilot shows on Arecibo in terms of listener count.

We got some nice requests during and after the show and Reddyne's email was amazing.  Thank you!

I know that you can probably just listen to this music on your own, but we hope that we made it a bit more fun for everyone as a live radio show as well as having others to talk with while listening to some music.  Hope to see you next week! :D  We started up a Twitter account for the show at @touhoutuesday as well.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 01:04:03 AM »
this
whole album is amazing but this track was an immediate favourite.

also yay archives. I will probably miss the live shows so it's great to know I won't have to miss out o/ nice choice of songs too. I would recommend stuff if I knew what genres you'd be playing ie is anything welcome.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
All genres are welcome.  The only requirement is that it's Touhou related.  I just registered the show on iTunes, so if you know you can't make the regular live show you can always subscribe and not miss anything.  Here is the link to the iTunes podcast:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kngi-video-game-music-podcast/id506892321

If iTunes isn't your thing, we have a general feed address you can plug in to your reader of choice - http://feeds.feedburner.com/touhoutuesday

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 02:04:40 AM »
haha I use foobar, so thanks for the alternate link. not sure if you want recommendations of specific songs or just particular artists though but I will probably email you later today.

OverCoat

• OverCoat Music
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »
Thanks everyone for the song recommendations! I got some great ones in particular from Reddyne.

Tonight's show is gonna be all about showcasing as many different styles as I can. I have Touhou country music. Yeah, you heard me right.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for the song recommendations! I got some great ones in particular from Reddyne.

Tonight's show is gonna be all about showcasing as many different styles as I can. I have Touhou country music. Yeah, you heard me right.

pft. You better believe I'll be listening.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
It's today! I'm listening in lol =D.