Author Topic: Touhou School Projects!  (Read 7863 times)

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
Touhou School Projects!
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
So, have any of you done a school project involving Touhou? I certainly have.

As a French project, I made a storybook for children about Touhou. With pictures. I adapted the story from The Young Mistress' Epic Homestay Battle and simplified it here and there.

Warning: Danbooru sorta nsfw (ads and things.)
danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/940

Not related to touhou, but I also made a speech in French as Lelouch from Code Geass. While playing this in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7vaMAqwxk

I got a good mark :3

Re: Touhou School Projects!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
Probably doesn't count, but there was a paper I once had to write about a "game" of sorts where a girl had died, and your goal was to find out what caused it. The conclusion I reached was that she committed suicide because she had learned so many things about the world that depressed her.

So to open the paper, I took a particularly deep Youtube comment from here -- "This music has the sound of someone who is saddened from the gain of enlightenment" -- and somehow tied it into the subject of the paper.

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
I always try to make my school projects Touhou related, it boosts my motivation to get them done xD

Technology: Made a Touhou flash animation, did a game review of Touhou

English: Everything.

Japanese: The teacher wanted us to give her band names to put into the exam, the rest is self explanatory. I memorise a LOT of my kanji by relating them to Touhou.

Every other project that isn't related to Touhou, I put some subtle reference in and/or put a few relevant pictures in it :3

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:12:56 AM »
Two years ago I had to draw a 10 page comic for Spanish class about anything.
I drew about Yukari's misadventures trolling Gensokyo and beating up some FOEs.

I got the highest score on my class. <3

Other than that, all my projects and major homework assignments have subtle/subliminal Touhou messages.
All of them.

Drake

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »
i presented a speech in my japanese course just today, on the touhou series

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 05:52:46 AM »
Haven't really tried to do any projects. I already graduated before I knew of Touhou. Would have been nice to do so though, with my knowledge of Japanese History and Mythology.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »
Umm back in high school I used to play Touhou pieces in my band class, but that's about it. Couldn't even find an opportunity in my English classes for anything Touhou related, those classes were all about analyzing texts, research papers, and stuff like that, no creative writing whatsoever. Can't do much Touhou-creativity here at uni either, chemistry doesn't give much room for creativity y'know.

Zil

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
I did some Touhou songs in a piano class, but that's it. If I knew about it in highschool I might have had an opportunity, but math and physics don't really overlap with Touhou.

Then again, I can imagine a physics problem involving lasers and bullets... and fairies.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Assignment: pick a game or series you are familiar with.  Analyze it and see which of the 6 elements of being a game [insert random name here] identifies in [essay] are in this game/series.
I write: 1 page on how Touhou fits it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
I try to slip in subtle or not-so-subtle references into my worksheets. On the off-chance I get to make them, anyway.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
We had to write a mythical poem in English...
..I did Kaguya's backstory. And a bit of Mokou's too.

In a lot of my Science posters, there is a little chibi Keine in the bottom right-hand corner saying "Remember this!!".

We had to do a false scientific brain-enhancement surgery poster in English, and I used Nitori as a mascot although, in hindsight, Cirno would have been more suitable.

Let's just say, my teachers think I'm very odd  :V

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »
I remember on the first day of school last year, in Biology, we were told to split a sheet into three segments "Alive," "Dead," and "Non-living" (Something like that) and draw stuff applicable to those fields.
I tried to draw:
Marisa and Reimu under "Alive"
Yuyuko under "Dead"
And a Hakkero and a Keystone under "Non-living"
And I put a gap between "Alive" and "Dead" and drew Youmu in there :3

Although I was surprised my teacher didn't hold me up for putting A personYuyuko under "Dead," :3

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:10 PM »
Then again, I can imagine a physics problem involving lasers and bullets... and fairies.

Gensokyo Strongest Exam - Tier 1
Q1: If Marisa Kirisame fires a Master Spark from her mini-hakkero at a speed of [insert relevant Touhou speed, e.g: insanely freaking fast], how many fairies are going to get smooshed in the time it takes for the spellcard to last?

Q2: Cirno is making a spellcard. She knows that "If this spellcard is called Icicle Fall - Easy, it will be impossible to beat.". Explain why she is wrong in terms of teasing her.

Q3: Yukari sends a train from the outside world. If it is travelling at a constant speed of 130mph, and Reimu is 20 metres away from Yukari, how much reaction time does she have before she has a face full of train?

I couldn't help it.

Zil

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
That's less daunting than what I was thinking of. What with all the fancy powers they've got, we could really go overboard. Induced fields, cross products, lens refraction, Snell's Law, parameterizations, surface integrals, differential equations...

It could be delicious.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
For my Bible class in High School, We had to make a poster based of some verse from the New Testament. So I picked Luke 3:16 and I drew a picture of Yuyuko holding fire in one hand and a spirit in the other hand. My teacher loved it so much that he decided to hang it up on the wall for the rest of the school year.

Here's the verse: John answered them all, ?I baptize you with[a] water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:05:16 PM by SealedMagician »

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
So for Game Dev, we had to create a 2d game using Python. Drawing inspiration from IaMP and SWR, I created a fighter. Initially, I was going to draw my own sprites, but then I got lazy and stole some from the internet (No-one asked us where we got them), and two of the ones I stole were Meiling and Alice. Meiling was the main character and Alice was the final boss. (Of course, looking back on it, I should have just gone for 2-player mode instead. I don't know why I tried to code AI :V)

gammaraptor

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Touhou Physics Questions. I got bored.
1.)   If Marisa fires a Master Spark at the top of Youkai Mountain directly aimed at Alice with a diameter of 2.0m, knowing that Alice is 10km away with a 1km difference in elevation, and that the Master Spark travels at the speed of light (299792458m/s), how fast must Alice move to avoid the laser?
2.)   Aya and Youmu decide to have a race to determine who the fastest thing in Gensokyo is. Feeling confident, Aya gives Youmu a 10 second head start. Youmu takes off at a speed of 100km/h, and ten seconds later, Aya follows at 40m/s. How long will it take for Aya to catch up?
3.)   Nitori decides to go test her new invention, a cucumber launcher. She fires a 200g Cucumber at 20 degrees with a velocity of 25 m/s. How far will it travel? When will it land after launching?
4.)   Marisa, stealing books from Patchouli puts 3 450g books in her bag which weighs 10g. How much force must Marisa exert to lift the bag vertically?
5.)   Reimu, Yuyuko, and Yukari are struggling over a box filled with coins. Reimu pulls the box in hopes of getting ?donation? money at 230 degrees with a force of 700N. Yuyuko wants to eat the box of coins because Youmu forgot to cook dinner, pulling with a force of 1800N at 2 degrees. Yukari, feeling in a troll mood pulls the box at a force of 2500N at 100 degrees. What is the net force exerted on the box?
6.)   Reisen drags a cart filled with 1000 pieces of medicine. The cart weighs 90kg and each piece of medicine weighs 50g. If the coefficient of friction is 0.83, how much force must Reisen drag the cart with to move it with a net acceleration of 3m/s2?
7.)   After Tenshi destroyed the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu hadd to go make repairs. In order to fix the roof, Reimu drags the materials weighing 100kg up a 25 degree ramp. If the coefficient of friction is 0.6 between the materials and the ramp, how much force does Reimu have to exert to drag it up at a constant speed?
8.)   Youmu spins around in a circle holding her sword Roukanken which is 2m long. What is the Centripetal acceleration required for the sword to travel in a circle at a velocity of 100m/s? What is the centripetal force if the sword weights 2kg?
9.)   Hina spins around with a frequency of 200rpm. How long does it take for her to complete 1 revolution?

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
I convinced my Literature teacher to test Touhou Gensou Mangekyou on his lesson plan. I hope it works.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Sality

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
I once tried it. Failed because of certain conditions :3

There was one assignment related to making website, every group may has  2 persons. I thought it was a good chance to introduce Touhou to my teammate, thus I made several html pages just to give him a glimpse of what is Touhou. 
Well, world isn't that generous. He didn't like my idea and I had to follow his suggestion instead.

In the end, we got mediocre result.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 02:16:49 PM »
So, have any of you done a school project involving Touhou? I certainly have.

As a French project, I made a storybook for children about Touhou. With pictures. I adapted the story from The Young Mistress' Epic Homestay Battle and simplified it here and there.

Warning: Danbooru sorta nsfw (ads and things.)
danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/940

Not related to touhou, but I also made a speech in French as Lelouch from Code Geass. While playing this in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7vaMAqwxk

I salute you, for both things.  :3

I got a good mark :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 04:10:34 AM »
This semester I decided I'm going to slip a touhou reference into all of my art projects. The one I'm currently finishing up has a bunch of eyes watching a flower  (I kinda forgot what the meaning of the painting  was) witch was inspired by Yukari's gap eyes.
And theres also last year where I made a whole poster on Video game desgin and used Touhou as a reference for art class. I don't remember what became of it though.

Grimarg

• B-but you haven't promoted me yet!
  • Thanks Aoshi for the avvy! :3
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »
I had to do a model for a project last year. I decided to make a model of the SDM. I failed miserably.

I used that model to light the fire to cook the lamb at my birthday

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:25 AM »
Touhou Physics Questions...
This makes me regret not taking physics...

gammaraptor

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
This makes me regret not taking physics...

It's ok, it's easy grade 11 level stuff.

Avan Nozomi

• Look, it's a Rawrgna!
  • 何が遠い旅行ですか?
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
I once took a creative writing class where you had to learn how to write the basics of story building and such. You just had to understand the lessons and write down what they asked you to, but you had creative freedom otherwise.

Which lead to me filling out the questions with Touhou characters and setups. The teacher kept asking me why I would use weird names for my characters. *laughs*
I can see the glory cause I wipe my tears
All part of the same thing be signed
I really want to feel delight
Even if I live in dying dreams
-Truly Glory, by FELT

gammaraptor

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:47 PM »
I once took a creative writing class where you had to learn how to write the basics of story building and such. You just had to understand the lessons and write down what they asked you to, but you had creative freedom otherwise.

Which lead to me filling out the questions with Touhou characters and setups. The teacher kept asking me why I would use weird names for my characters. *laughs*

Hehe. Idea GET! I suddenly got an idea, I could totally use this for english journals.

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
Speaking of English.
 Well, today I got a harsh case of 'stupid' during the Mock - literacy exam that was given to prepare for the real one.
At the write a newspaper article section I just said screw it and placed touhou characters into the article. It had something to do with Reimu and Yukari's (Violet in the actual article) house being robbed and their son Zun getting his most precious thing stolen from him (A keyboard and computer) I would have put beer but that wouldn't sound right lol. And making the suspects Marisa and Sukia ( A member of the ONI gang nicknamed named Watermelon in the article)
I think I lost it when I put  -Aya Shameimaru at the end of the article.

At this rate I'll be stupid forever.  :derp:

gammaraptor

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
Speaking of English.
 Well, today I got a harsh case of 'stupid' during the Mock - literacy exam that was given to prepare for the real one.
At the write a newspaper article section I just said screw it and placed touhou characters into the article. It had something to do with Reimu and Yukari's (Violet in the actual article) house being robbed and their son Zun getting his most precious thing stolen from him (A keyboard and computer) I would have put beer but that wouldn't sound right lol. And making the suspects Marisa and Sukia ( A member of the ONI gang nicknamed named Watermelon in the article)
I think I lost it when I put  -Aya Shameimaru at the end of the article.

At this rate I'll be stupid forever.  :derp:

Man, when I get my English 30-1 Diploma exam, =DDDDDDD

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
Gensokyo Strongest Exam - Tier 1
Q1: If Marisa Kirisame fires a Master Spark from her mini-hakkero at a speed of [insert relevant Touhou speed, e.g: insanely freaking fast], how many fairies are going to get smooshed in the time it takes for the spellcard to last?

Q2: Cirno is making a spellcard. She knows that "If this spellcard is called Icicle Fall - Easy, it will be impossible to beat.". Explain why she is wrong in terms of teasing her.

Q3: Yukari sends a train from the outside world. If it is travelling at a constant speed of 130mph, and Reimu is 20 metres away from Yukari, how much reaction time does she have before she has a face full of train?

I couldn't help it.

Q1: ...Uh...

Q2: ...UH...

Q3: 1.27 seconds.

Anyway, project's I've done.

I made a story involving Kaguya, Mokou, and Eirin in English

I explained the entire Touhou series in a big report to my English teacher.

In Art, my shoe design was covered in bullets and lasers.

My shield design in Art had Koishi's sigil on it and her general color palette.

In History I call my teacher Mr. Kamishirasawa

In Health I [REDACTED SENTENCE FRAGMENT] Patchouli [REDACTED SENTENCE FRAGMENT] sideways.

<Tengukami> PLEASE do not bump threads more than 2 weeks old. This is in the Rules. Locked.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:44:09 PM by Tengukami »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.