Author Topic: 9th Annual Touhou Popularity Contest - RESULTS ARE IN  (Read 86424 times)

Zil

Re: 9th Annual Touhou Popularity Contest - RESULTS ARE IN
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 11:49:09 PM »
My impression is that the seemingly more interesting characters are less popular than Futo because they have established personalities already. Futo is kind of a blank canvas, so the fandom can sort of make her into whatever they want without directly conflicting with her canon personality.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
My guess is that it is due to her ponytail and clothing.

Also, would've been funny if Seiga would've appeared/disappeared mid-stage through the "walls" or something to troll you during your stage run.

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »
Something that may be relevant to the generally poor results for the Taoists- Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't [Taosim] one of the least popular religions in Japan, especially compared to Buddhism?

Well, it makes sense if you take their back-stories into consideration.  I mean, Miko was kind of a mean prick after all :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 12:51:18 AM »
My guess is that it is due to her ponytail and clothing.

Also, would've been funny if Seiga would've appeared/disappeared mid-stage through the "walls" or something to troll you during your stage run.
That's why I don't pay too much attention to special abilities of characters. It just turns into throw massive amounts of color bullets at Reimu.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/