Author Topic: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd (Dodging like a Boss Volume 10 out!)  (Read 238843 times)

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Re: Lucky Touhou dodges the 3rd
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

That bullet should've killed me. Seriously.

I've also had some really lucky dodges in 5-4 and 7-6 in Double Spoiler.
Replay of 5-4

Replay of 7-6

(note: the replays are from some time ago)

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 10:30:44 PM »
Lol, DS and StB hitboxes for those rice bullets are SOOOOO small
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 02:11:45 AM »
Speaking of DS hitboxes?

I have no idea.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 06:11:32 AM »
Speaking of DS hitboxes?

I have no idea.

That must be <= 1 frame from being killed while taking that shot
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »

Some hitbox fuckery with Kanako's normal spellcard.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »

Some hitbox fuckery with Kanako's normal spellcard.
Lulzy.
ZUN really needs to work on hitbawxes.

Zil

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »

Yup, slipped up through there. Not really a "lucky dodge" since I was aware of what I was doing, but it was still pretty sexy.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: Lulzy Touhou dodges the 3rd
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 09:02:46 PM »
[attach=1]

Anyone wanna guess where the fuck Reimu is?

[attach=2]

Does that help you?

Reimu is in the fucking laser. Where the fuck did ZUN get the idea to make a hitbox that kills you outside of it near Marisa but doesn't kill you when you're nearly two times your own width inside the damn laser?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
Re: Lulzy Touhou dodges the 3rd
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »
[attach=1]

Anyone wanna guess where the fuck Reimu is?

[attach=2]

Does that help you?

Reimu is in the fucking laser. Where the fuck did ZUN get the idea to make a hitbox that kills you outside of it near Marisa but doesn't kill you when you're nearly two times your own width inside the damn laser?

o . o" Damn. Lucky break? Did you survive the whole blast?

Anyway, does boss Marisa's Master Spark work like Marisa's Master Spark bomb in some games(I think it was Imperishable Night?) As in, 3 beams making up the spark? Cuz if that's how it is, you're like between the beams? But thats screwed up @@

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »
The Master Spark hitbox is a giant rectangle.
So you can be in the spark without dying at the bottom but out of the spark near Marisa and dead.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
The Master Spark hitbox is a giant rectangle.
So you can be in the spark without dying at the bottom but out of the spark near Marisa and dead.

But even still, Reimu was really damn close to what I perceive as the hitbox (Maybe because the hitbox makes no fucking sense because it has no defined section)
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 11:04:14 PM »
You're outside the most opague part. Be glad it isn't like Eiki's laser in StB.

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 12:09:16 AM »
You're outside the most opague part. Be glad it isn't like Eiki's laser in StB.

GAH don't remind me, I still don't think I've cleared that scene

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 03:22:23 AM »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
[attach=1]
wat

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »

Things like that are pretty much necessary for timing out Futo's overdrive in the hardest phase.
It's at least 1000x harder than the lunatic version.

Note: there are more than 5 amulets touching my hitbox. If one of them were even 1 degree off in their direction, I'd be dead.

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »
I remember one time when I was attempting to 1cc EoSD on Normal for the first time, and when Eternal Meek came I basically panicked and for some reason covered my eyes with my hands.

Guess what

I captured it.

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 02:21:15 PM »

Things like that are pretty much necessary for timing out Futo's overdrive in the hardest phase.

Were you using the safespot in the middle to time this out or were you actually running around with the rotating part of the spell? I've managed to get in the middle once or twice but the amulets always end up going straight through the middle at some point and kill me. And note, this was when I was trying to capture it, let alone timing it out.

Also, this one isn't mine, but I finally watched Zil's IN last word timeouts video and saw this one on Blazing Spark

He pretty much just runs right through this star, like SA's ReimuC running through snowballs.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

Note: there are more than 5 amulets touching my hitbox. If one of them were even 1 degree off in their direction, I'd be dead.
Let me post this again http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dk72J8MbbU8#t=89s It's Futo's last spell (not overdrive) on lunatic with ultra patch applied. I've got into the center, but one more frame and i'd be dead.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
Were you using the safespot in the middle to time this out or were you actually running around with the rotating part of the spell? I've managed to get in the middle once or twice but the amulets always end up going straight through the middle at some point and kill me. And note, this was when I was trying to capture it, let alone timing it out.
I was trying to time out the amulet hell phase, not the rotating phase.
So basically I shoot her down until the amulet phase appears, then I stop shooting and pray lol.
You can't time out the amulet hell phase by sitting in the center. It just won't work. Too many amulets T_T
I managed to get to 10s left, but *sigh* I'm not that good at going through dense amulet walls (they come after the "amulet hell")

Zil

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
He pretty much just runs right through this star, like SA's ReimuC running through snowballs.
The stars in that spell are practically fake. I watch that replay and wonder what the heck I was thinking. :derp:

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
  • I would murder all of you for a cup of tea.
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

Bullshit Sign -Prayer To The Hitbox God-

Zil

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
16 Pre-Clear photos? Someone's not gonna be happy seeing that. >:D

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 11:34:50 AM »
16 Pre-Clear photos? Someone's not gonna be happy seeing that. >:D
*eye twitches
THAT'S LESS THAN 1% OF HOW MANY SHOTS I TOOK YOU SUCK FOR NOT SUFFERING and I'm wondering why you went back.

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
*eye twitches
THAT'S LESS THAN 1% OF HOW MANY SHOTS I TOOK YOU SUCK FOR NOT SUFFERING and I'm wondering why you went back.

I made a whole video dedicated to my rage at both forms of this card, believe me, I suffered. I just find this card to be EXTREMELY enjoyable. Occasionally, I just fire up StB or DS and play Seamless Ceiling until I clear, which normally takes anywhere from 5~10 minutes. Also, 194 pre-clear with Hatate  :V seriously screw that purple bint.

I went back to the card because I had the brilliant idea of trying to get a good score on it. This failed, of course. I do not have the patience for that shit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:25:02 PM by GamingAwesome1 »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:43 PM »
194 isn't a lot at all. :U

SuccinctAndPunchy

• Fear The Melon!
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
It certainly seems like it on a card that's only got a three photo requirement and isn't EX Suika's second card.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »

Those are two bullets, if you can't tell.

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »
*eye twitches

Are you talking about Kaguya's version or Satori's? I took about 1400 to clear Kaguya's but only 20 to get Satori's because I'd done Kaguya's SO MANY TIMES it was like second nature at that point. Although when I first saw it, I was like, NO, PICK ANY OTHER GOD DAMN SPELL FROM StB, JUST NOT THAT ONE, PL0X.