Author Topic: ZUN and his views?  (Read 5704 times)

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
ZUN and his views?
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:54:01 PM »
I don't know if this belongs here, nor do I know if it's been posted before, but I was wondering about ZUN and what he thinks of how Americans and other westerns are pirating his games. Does anybody have any solid proof of this? Or at least evidence that is well backed? I'm asking because one of my friends was wondering about this, and it got me thinking too :\

Drake

Re: ZUN and his views?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:55 PM »
Caring whatsoever about overseas piracy would imply he acknowledges the existence of a significant playerbase overseas. If he acknowledged the existence of a significant playerbase and cared about piracy overseas, the logical approach would be to facilitate distribution to those areas. However, ZUN acknowledges there is a fanbase overseas, but doesn't really attempt to ease distribution overseas. Ergo, he either doesn't find the playerbase significant, or he doesn't care much about overseas piracy. So, people are likely to pirate his works. However, this does not make pirating his works acceptable nor validate people's reasons for it. Either way, please refrain from talking about pirating his games, as it is against the forum rules.

The true point is, if you care enough about how much ZUN cares about people pirating his works, you buy them regardless of what ZUN thinks.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
._. That was a lot to take in from a paragraph. And I'm sorry for talking about this here, you can delete this immediately if you were going to. But I understand what you're saying. Thanks (:

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »
._. That was a lot to take in from a paragraph. And I'm sorry for talking about this here, you can delete this immediately if you were going to. But I understand what you're saying. Thanks (:

There's no need to delete or lock this thread. Drake is just referring to this rule (actually, go check out the Rules board while you're at it, to save you any confusion). Basically, you don't talk about having pirated the games, or ask people where you can get copies. That's it. Discussing the legal or moral ramifications of piracy is fine, I should think. Just so long as the discussion stays within the bounds of the rule on piracy discussion.

To add to the topic, I'd have to agree with Drake here. ZUN is one guy doing all the work for these games; he's not Bethesda Studios. So buying his games (which, by the by, you can do right here) would be the better way to go.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."