Author Topic: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ICONS I MUST CATCH THEM ALL  (Read 16587 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY ICONS I MUST CATCH THEM ALL
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 04:47:30 AM »
Yeah and the Japanese love Yahoo so whatever I stopped trying to make sense of any of it.  My messenger choices reflect directly whatever my friends around me at the time were using.  Since I moved around a lot I moved between Yahoo groups and MSN cliques and AIM congregations.  And now you tards mostly use Skype which makes no sense but whatever it's just another icon on my taskbar.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »
I never understood ICQ and never felt the need for it. I had Yahoo for a while because of some forum I used to visit and most were there. I only got MSN messenger because of classmates. This is 1996~2001 or so we're talking about.

My guess is purely because of the activities or who you hang out with. Skype is dumb and retarted as a mass chat service and I only use it for voice-convo while gaming with RL friends or calling those neetpia guys.

IRC is still the best IMO. Simple, fast, clean.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »
But group voice chat in Skype is fun.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
True, unless people voice-twittering their gaming experience (from what I have heard in the past).

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Which is why I have a TeamSpeak 3 server duh.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
Which is why I have a TeamSpeak 3 server duh.
Mahjong sessions on TS ftw.

Though we haven't been able to beat Pesco yet orz