Author Topic: Membergroups: what they do?  (Read 3726 times)

Zil

Membergroups: what they do?
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
Is there anywhere on this site with descriptions of what the different groups (mascot, janitor, etc.) mean? They're listed at the bottom of the homepage but there is no explanation for them. Some are straightforward, but others are... less so.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Membergroups: what they do?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:00:26 PM »
What member groups are you specifically confused about?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zil

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »
Let's see... Bunbunmaru Staff, Gensokyo Police, Mascot, Spechul Membah, YOU WA BAN, Yellow Member. Also Shrine Janitor, though I think I have the general idea about that.

I feel like some of them probably mean next to nothing, but I couldn't find anything myself.

Tengukami

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
Let's see... Bunbunmaru Staff, Gensokyo Police, Mascot, Spechul Membah, YOU WA BAN, Yellow Member. Also Shrine Janitor, though I think I have the general idea about that.

I feel like some of them probably mean next to nothing, but I couldn't find anything myself.

Respectively:
- Touhou/Site-related news.
- See SJ, it's mostly phased out, with much the same powers as SJ.
- Doesn't really do anything, just there for a laugh.
- Members who have gone above and beyond in their contributions to the site in some way.
- Is banned/pretending to be banned.
- Sort of a joke title, sockpuppets for a couple admins here.
- Shrine Janitor does general gruntwork cleaning of threads - merging, splitting, locking, resizing, PMing, reporting and answering questions where need be.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zil

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
I see. Thanks! :D

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:53 AM »
Wrong, Gensokyo Police is not phased out, I actually brought it back in vogue a month or two ago.  It's the global moderator position here, it's functionally equivalent to administrator minus a few no need to be tampering with these settings.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:41:26 AM »
Gensokyo Police is not phased out, I actually brought it back in vogue a month or two ago.  It's the global moderator position here, it's functionally equivalent to administrator minus a few no need to be tampering with these settings.

That was a month or two ago? Interesting - when I was GC it was pretty much the same as SJ. Or maybe only seemed so, I dunno. There's overlap of ability with a lot of these.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
Well GC came out of style when practically everyone had admin anyways.  I brought it back after a rather interesting set of circumstances made me lock things down again (I won't elaborate).  Basically a ton of people got elevated to admin after I rage quit for a while, and I never went back and took it away because well, that's not cool right?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."