Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition  (Read 194141 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition
« Reply #990 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:44 AM »
So I have a new goal - clear the hardest easy mode Touhou (main games, no FW or PoFV or whatnot).  The catch: I have to play with my feet.  The question: which easy mode is considered the hardest?

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #992 on: April 06, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
I guess my point was you said the danmaku in the game wasn't really that bad, yet you claim to hate about 1/3 of it. That simply does not compute with me.

Did you not read what I said? I said that Murasa was worse than Shou. That does not imply that I hate Shou, just that Murasa's ridiculously hard for a stage 4 boss, outranking even the fucking Prismriver sisters. Also, I hate Murasa. Shou is incredibly hard and jerkish but I only require one bomb, most of her attacks are just scary.

However Murasa is just downright awful and she is the only boss in the game that I truly, TRULY hate. I only like her music, she's got the best theme in the entire game. Her danmaku is fun but it loves to be a [REDACTED] and to tell the truth, it can eat as many redacteds as danmaku-ly possible.

I actually LIKE Shou, to be honest. However, Murasa eats most of my lives through surprise hits (SINKING VORTEEEEEEX).

So I have a new goal - clear the hardest easy mode Touhou (main games, no FW or PoFV or whatnot).  The catch: I have to play with my feet.  The question: which easy mode is considered the hardest?

You can play UFO Easy and it would nearly pass for a Normal difficulty average. Good luck.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #993 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:32 AM »
I'd watch a FW play. >_>

I'd say UFO. If you don't count my first Touhou (EoSD) the only ones I didn't 1cc on easy first try were SA, where I died at stage 6, and UFO, where I died at stage 3.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #994 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:16 AM »

Although not the hardest, I would vote for Ten Desires just because it seems punny considering you're playing with ten (presumably) toes and it's rife with jokes about "this little piggy had a desire to blah blah blah".

« Reply #995 on: April 06, 2012, 02:58:31 AM »
Well I tried UFO and made it to Nazrin's first spell.  I feel like a beginner again.  If only I had a DDR pad... It seems my toes are too big for keyboards >_>

Here's the replay
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:00:17 AM by HououinKyouma »

« Reply #996 on: April 06, 2012, 03:02:32 AM »
Did you not read what I said? I said that Murasa was worse than Shou. That does not imply that I hate Shou, just that Murasa's ridiculously hard for a stage 4 boss, outranking even the fucking Prismriver sisters. Also, I hate Murasa. Shou is incredibly hard and jerkish but I only require one bomb, most of her attacks are just scary.

Ah, I see. Most people hate Shou so I guess I just assumed you did too. Please disregard my stupidity, I guess I should have realized that the way I was reading it made no sense.

It seems my toes are too big for keyboards >_>

Oh yeah? I wear size 17 shoes. Get over it.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

« Reply #997 on: April 06, 2012, 03:04:56 AM »
Shou is legitimately fun. Absolutely no BS potential at all. Definitely one of the high points of UFO.

Zil

« Reply #998 on: April 06, 2012, 03:07:09 AM »
I like it when she gets as close to you as possible with her second nonspell, then runs away from you in the following spell.

Also, playing Touhou with a DDR pad would be the coolest thing to see.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #999 on: April 06, 2012, 03:14:48 AM »
I love how this has been more complaining about bosses in this thread and I'm the one that points it out.

Guys start posting good runs again I want to go back to the rage thread

Before you point me out as a hypocrite, I did a NoUFO UFO Normal Run and a NoFocus UFO Normal Run.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:18:57 AM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

« Reply #1000 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:23 AM »
Also, playing Touhou with a DDR pad would be the coolest thing to see.
I was actually going to switch over to one, but I remembered my DDR pad isn't USB =(

Zil

« Reply #1001 on: April 06, 2012, 03:30:12 AM »
Guys start posting good runs again
PoDD Lunatic 1cc. Kana this time. Replay forthcoming. Jaimers said she was the second hardest to clear with, but I think Ellen is worse. Maybe he knows something I don't. Well, only two left! :D

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #1002 on: April 06, 2012, 03:31:23 AM »
Oh, forgot to mention that I captured Sinker Ghost without focusing in that one NoFocus 1cc that I did.

Enjoy.