Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition  (Read 194270 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Accomplishments 14 - Easy Mode Edition
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 05:05:18 AM »
Except that I've captured it tons of times but it's not a foolproof method. Going left and right in that card's for faggots gay people idiots, but then again so is going up and down.
But then how else would you suggest doing it? Think for a minute dude. This card is streaming at its core, and when you do that it's just a matter of adjusting your path through the random bullets lying around, which is more than doable. If you're that concerned about killing the card quickly, stream the first set of four waves down from Chen, then go back and forth along the bottom.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 05:46:31 AM »
I go left to right :> Also you should work on your awareness so you can bomb before getting hit, instead of trying to do it during or after.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
Oh, a difficulty level discussion.

Touhou is harder, and I am not allowed to use this joke.

Apart from the finnish secondaries' opinion, tho'. They seem to assume that SA is the hardest thing ever and SA lunatic is GODMODELOL. That's what I've observed, anyway. And they're mainly normal (and easy) level players. So, from the point of view of a normalmodo player, SA is probably the hardest one.

Yeah, you can plan all kinds of cool bombing routes, but, at least in my case,  you don't really plan your routes when you're a normal or easymodo player. I still am and I still don't plan, so, uhh... this has some kind of a logic, right?

That aside, I like the name of this topic really much, it suits my achievements so well.

So I shall post the EP1C LIST oF MY ACHEVMENTH0s!

I have calred IN greasy modo. :O
Twice!
I've timed out a Spell Card! (it was hard)
I've tried new playing methods (did not 1CC the game, but boasting anyway.)
I've 1CC'd MOUNTAIN of BOMB
I bombed, then I bombed again. And guess what, then I bombed again. And again. And, maybe again. Watch the run to see. (don't actually watch it, it's boring)
Hahaha.
NOT A 1CC
And, I suck at TD scoring.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:01:57 PM by Seppo Hovi »

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
Guess I may as well post my achievements list too...

(all non-Extra timeouts are done on Normal unless otherwise noted)

PCB: Extra perfected, Phantasm no-miss clear, all bosses perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, timeout of Banquet of 12 General Gods
IN: Extra no-miss clear, Easy no-focus perfect clear with Sakuya, timeouts of Fujiyama Volcano, Phoenix's Tail, and Tree-Ocean of Hourai
StB: All scenes clear, Pandemonium captured without charge speed, Advice of St. Germain captured without focus
MoF: Extra no-miss, no-bombs, and no-focus clears (unfortunately in separate runs), all stages perfected on Normal, no-deaths and no-bombs 1CCs of Normal (again, separate runs), Hard 1CC, timeouts of Misayama Shrine Hunting Ritual and Wind God Hidden among Tree Leaves
SA: All bosses except Satori perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, capture of Genetics of the Subconscious, timeouts of Knock Out in Three Steps, Double Black Death Butterfly, Border of Wave and Particle, Needle Mountain of a Former Hell, Cat's Walk, and all of Utsuho's cards
TD: All bosses perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, timeouts of Laser of Seventeen Articles, Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics, Gagouji's Cyclone (on Hard), and all of Futo's cards (all of which were done no-focus and no-vertical, except the last card which...well, see here)

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 03:47:55 PM »
Guess I may as well post my achievements list too...

(all non-Extra timeouts are done on Normal unless otherwise noted)

PCB: Extra perfected, Phantasm no-miss clear, all bosses perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, timeout of Banquet of 12 General Gods
IN: Extra no-miss clear, Easy no-focus perfect clear with Sakuya, timeouts of Fujiyama Volcano, Phoenix's Tail, and Tree-Ocean of Hourai
StB: All scenes clear, Pandemonium captured without charge speed, Advice of St. Germain captured without focus
MoF: Extra no-miss, no-bombs, and no-focus clears (unfortunately in separate runs), all stages perfected on Normal, no-deaths and no-bombs 1CCs of Normal (again, separate runs), Hard 1CC, timeouts of Misayama Shrine Hunting Ritual and Wind God Hidden among Tree Leaves
SA: All bosses except Satori perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, capture of Genetics of the Subconscious, timeouts of Knock Out in Three Steps, Double Black Death Butterfly, Border of Wave and Particle, Needle Mountain of a Former Hell, Cat's Walk, and all of Utsuho's cards
TD: All bosses perfected on Normal, Hard 1CC, timeouts of Laser of Seventeen Articles, Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics, Gagouji's Cyclone (on Hard), and all of Futo's cards (all of which were done no-focus and no-vertical, except the last card which...well, see here)

I'm feeling a lot of jealousy right now. But good job... Even though I'm jealous *parsee*
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
I suppose I should summarize my achievements here.

I've
  • 1cc'd all Touhou games that are whole numbers from 6 to 13 on Normal
  • Captured quite a few Last Word cards (See my YouTube channel for what I HAVE cleared.)
  • Perfected SA Stage 4 with MarisaB on Normal
  • Cleared PCB Extra and Phantasm with two characters each
  • Captured Descent of Izuna Gongen, Ran Yakumo's final card
  • Cleared IN Extra with the Border Team
  • Seen Suwako's final card in Mountain of Faith's Extra Stage
  • Seen Nue's final card in Undefined Fantastic Object's Extra Stage
  • Timed out Final Master Spark on Lunatic without focusing

Now for a list by game

EoSD; I have 1cc'd this game on Normal with Missile Marisa and gotten up to Stage 5 in Hard mode without continuing (Or increasing how many lives I have)

PCB; I have 1cc'd Normal with ReimuB and SakuyaB (What is so damn good about SakuyaA, really?), and cleared Extra and Phantasm with both of them, Reimu clearing them twice because she's easier to use when playing casually (As in nor for achievement). Also, I've captured Descent of Izuna Gongen once. It has its own video.

IN; Captured Hourai Elixir on Normal and 1cc'd Normal once with the Border Team and another with the Netherworld Team. I have also cleared the Extra Stage with the Netherworld Team, so YIPPEE.

PoFV; Nothing because I don't understand the scoring or gameplay mechanics much for this game.

Mof; 1cc'd on Normal twice in a row and gotten to Suwako's last card on Extra.

SA; 1cc'd on Normal and barely made a dent in the Extra Stage; Perfected Stage 4 on Normal with MarisaB.

UFO; 1cc'd on Normal with ReimuB, MarisaA, and SanaeB.

TD; 1cc'd on Normal and unlocked all stages on Hard with my only continue in the last stage.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »
Oh right, new thread, new list. Why not.

- LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD Lunatic 1cc.
- StB + DS all scenes cleared with both characters.
- SA, MoF, PCB, UFO Extra perfected. (Phantasm too for PCB)
- VoWG Lunatic timoeut, SFN timeout, Unseasonable Butterfly Storm timeout.
- MoF, all stages perfected.
- MoF no-bombs 1cc
- Plus a whole lot of other things.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »
Oh. so it turned into "list of glory thread" :V Well, lemme sum my modest accomplishments too:

EosD: Cleared normal with all characters, normal no bombs with MarisaA and ReimuB, extra with ReimuB. Captured all normal spellcards except Marionette.
MoF: Cleared normal with ReimuA, ReimuB and MarisaB, hard with ReimuA and MarisaB, extra with Marisa B(ug);
SA: only normal 1CC with ReimuA, but i've just started;
TD: Cleared normal with all girls except youmu, normal no bombs no trance with Reimu and Marisa, hard with Reimu and Marisa, Hard no bombs with Marisa. Captured all cards of normal and hard, captured and timed out some of lunatic too.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:12 PM »
EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, TD lunatic 1cc
EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD normal 1cc and extra clear
VoWG timeout
Perfect Kanako
IN, TD all spells captured

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
IN, TD all spells captured
Even all last words and freaking Seiga's overdrive? Man, you're really good 8)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 05:55:13 PM »
TD Hard was always one of the things I considered way harder than I should have.

I always thought Hard Stage 3 was bullshit and thought the rest of the game was the same: dense bullets and bullshit hitboxes. It kind of demotivated me and I ended up playing TD Hard MAYBE 3 or 4 times until today. Today I decided to bomb my way through her and see how I do, and (un)surprisingly enough, I 1cc rather convincingly, with a blind Stages 4 through 6.

Guess I have EoSD, SA and UFO left. And PoFV.

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
EoSD Hard 1cc with all characters, Extra cleared with all characters
PCB Hard 1cc with both Reimu shottypes, Extra cleared with all types and Phantasm cleared with all except Marisa B. Also, terrible Extra no bombs run.
IN Normal 1cc with all teams, Fantasy Heaven captured with all teams and solo characters, all last words unlocked except Marisa's and Yukari's. Alice's one is the only one I haven't captured that is unlocked. Extra cleared with Border Team, Netherworld Team and Solo Yukari.

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
PCB Cleared Extra mode with Almost all characters
PCB Clear with all Characters on Normal
EoSD 1cc Marisa on Normal
UFO Extra unlocked
SA Captured Double Black Death Butterfly
PoFV Unlocked all characters and cleared normal
MoF used Overpowered Marisa 1cc
TD: Dodged Seiga Curvy Lasers and managed to survive.
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
It's been over a year since I last posted a list so I might as well.
Everything is on lunatic if not specified.

HRtP Lunatic 1cc both routes
SoEW Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no double-tapping 1cc, no bombs 1cc, perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5, All bosses perfected at max rank
Extra: all shottypes, no double-tapping, no vertical, perfect clear
PoDD Lunatic 1cc with Marisa, Yumemi, Kana, Kotohime, Rikako, Lunatic 1LC with Reimu
LLS Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, perfect stage 1,2,3,5,6, All bosses perfected at max rank, no bombs 1cc
Extra: all shottypes, no vertical, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Mugetsu and Gengetu
MS Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, perfect stages 1,2,3,4,6, All bosses perfected at max rank, no bombs 1cc
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Alice
EoSD Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no focus 1cc, no bombs 1cc, Ultra 1cc, Easy 1cc using my face as input
Practice: Perfect stages 1,2,3,5, stage 6 no deaths, Scarlet Gensokyo timeout
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Flandre, Ultra clear
PCB Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no focus 1cc, no bombs and intentional borders 1cc, Ultra 1cc
Practice: Perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Ran, Ultra clear
Phantasm: no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Yukari, Ultra clear
IaMP Lunatic 1cc with Patchouli
IN Main: lunatic 1cc all teams, Reimu Solo, Sakuya Solo, no bombs 1cc, Ultra 1cc
Practice: perfect stages 1,2,3,4a,4b,5, all last words timed out except for Mystia's and Youmu's.
Extra: all teams, perfect clear, no focus, no shooting Mokou
PoFV Main: lunatic 1cc with all 14 characters, match mode AI victory, Ultra 1cc
Extra: 5 characters (lazy)
StB all 85 scene success, 43,7 million score
MoF Main: lunatic 1cc all shottypes, no bombs 1cc, lunatic 1LC
Practice: perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6, VoWG timeout, no focus VoWG capture, Post Momiji walls capture
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Suwako
SWR Lunatic 1cc with Reimu
SA Main: lunatic 1cc with ReimuA,B,C and MarisaA,C, no bombs 1cc, Ultra 1cc
Practice: perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: all shottypes, perfect clear, no shooting Koishi
UFO Main: lunatic 1cc with all shottypes, no bombs 1cc
Practice: perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6
Extra: all shottypes, no focus, perfect clear, no shooting Nue
UNL Lunatic 1cc with Cirno and Meiling
DS 108/108 as Aya, 43,7 million score
99/99 as Hatate, 30 million score
GFW Main: Lunatic 1cc all routes, A1 no bombs 1cc, Ultra 1cc
Extra clear
TD Main: lunatic 1cc Reimu, Ultra 1cc
Practice: perfect stages 1,2,3,4,5,6, All Overdrive cards timed out
Extra: clear

- All spellcards captured sans GFW
- Seihou all clear and all lunatic clear.

Not sure if it's completely updated though.  :derp:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:07:54 PM by Jaimers »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
And here came Jaimers and put all our achivements to shame lol. Well, you did EoSD and SA ultra lunatic 1CCs too? Can you upload them as the videos?

TD Hard was always one of the things I considered way harder than I should have.

I always thought Hard Stage 3 was bullshit and thought the rest of the game was the same: dense bullets and bullshit hitboxes. It kind of demotivated me and I ended up playing TD Hard MAYBE 3 or 4 times until today. Today I decided to bomb my way through her and see how I do, and (un)surprisingly enough, I 1cc rather convincingly, with a blind Stages 4 through 6.
That's exactly how my first hard clear with Marisa came out. After being tired of constant failures i've just master sparked my way to victory.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:34:08 PM by MMX »

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
EoSD Main: Easy 1cc using my face as input

Holy shit, that is awesome! What controller did you use?

I captured Storm on Mt.Ooe twice at 0 power in actual runs and then Tengu Macro Burst twice in a row in stage practice :/
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »
Nothing special from me but why not?

EoSD
  • Easy cleared with every shot type
  • Normal cleared with Reimu B, Marisa A, and Marisa B
  • Extra cleared with Marisa A
  • Got to Scarlet Gensokyo on Hard (I should get around to clearing it)

PCB
  • Normal cleared with Reimu B, Marisa A, Sakuya A, and Sakuya B (Haven't bothered with the remaining two in a while :V)
  • Hard cleared with Reimu B (First Hard clear)
  • Extra cleared with every shot type
  • Phantasm cleared with Reimu A, Reimu B, Marisa A, and Sakuya B
  • Easy, Normal, Extra, and Phantasm cleared on Ultra
  • No Death Extra with Reimu B
  • Captured every Spell Card on Extra and Phantasm (Not sure about Normal+ at the moment)

IN
  • Easy cleared with the four main teams, as well as with Marisa, Remilia, and Youmu
  • Normal cleared with same characters mentioned above
  • Hard cleared with Border team
  • Extra cleared with four main teams, Yukari, and Remilia
  • Captured all Last Words with Border Team
  • Captured every Spell Card on Easy and Normal. Missing Hourai Jewel on Hard, Hourai Elixir and all of Kaguya's Spell Cards on Lunatic, and Imperishable Shooting

MoF
  • Normal cleared with every shot type
  • Hard, Lunatic, Extra cleared with Marisa B(ug) but don't know if I should count that :derp:

SA
  • Normal cleared with Reimu A
  • Every Spell Card available to Reimu A captured

UFO
  • Easy cleared with Reimu A, Reimu B, and Sanae B
  • Normal cleared with Sanae B
  • Broke 500 million on Normal (I'm sure I can break 600 million)

TD
  • Normal cleared with every shot type
  • Hard cleared with Youmu

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Zil

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
Well if we're doing lists again...

Everything 1cced on Lunatic (including PC-98)
No doubletap for SoEW
SA at 90FPS
PoDD as Chiyuri (cheesy style but what the hell)
VoWG timeout, and other cool timeouts I don't feel like listing
All spells captured everywhere.

lol using face as input. I tried that same game using my foot to play but only made it to stage 3
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:14:26 AM by Zil »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
I remember doing this EoSD lunatic thumbs only-challenge a while ago. (it might be in the achievement list I posted earlier, I'm not sure what it includes, since I just use the same copypaste everywhen I feel like using it. I think it's getting old, tho', so I should maybe update it. I just don't have anything silly enough. Maybe I should do IN max bombs or something to refresh it. Arrgh. Give me ideas if you have any.) It ended at the Stage 3 boss opener, IIRC. I could try to 1cc the easy with face inputs. But I dunno, it would be a pacifist run since I couldn't shoot due to the fact that I can only hit one button with my nose a time. Any tips, Jaimers?

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
Well, you did EoSD and SA ultra lunatic 1CCs too? Can you upload them as the videos?

I dunno. I don't really know what to feel about the SA one since I really didn't dodge anything in that. And the EoSD replay kind of got lost to the ether.

What controller did you use?

The only time I used a keyboard was for that run. I used my chin for the arrow keys and my elbow for shift, z etc.
Uncomfortable to the point of it hurting but it was for some really silly contest back in the day.  :V
Had to raise the keyboard on a stack of books so I could even see the screen.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
I dunno. I don't really know what to feel about the SA one since I really didn't dodge anything in that. And the EoSD replay kind of got lost to the ether.
Ah OK. Already seen this replay. The game looks like total bullshit and WTF for me :V Also, are you planning to do TD ultra 1.00c? You said, it's really hard.
that run.
LMAO. Why havent i seen that before? It looked harder than SA ultra :V That Clock Corpse caprure might be your most amazing touhou achivement ever!

Meanwhile i did something Laser of Seventeen Articles normal timeout wasnt actually that difficult. Trying to do it on hard will be pain.

LOLWUT I've just timed it out too Honour the Avoidance of Defiance hard timeout  8) But... Dont expect me trying it on lunatic! No way!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:14:04 AM by MMX »

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 03:51:21 AM »
It's not much compared to most here, but in the last couple weeks I've managed three new 1ccs: PCB Hard (2nd hard ever after IN), Phantasm, and SA Normal. Now I'm just missing UFO for all Normals. (Well, and SoEW, which I cannot control to save my life).

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
Nice; those are solid accomplishments.  No need for a disclaimer.

Wrapped up EoSD lunatic 1ccs today.  Reimu-B was fun and decently challenging, but leaving Mari-Bomb for last made for an unsavory and anticlimactic finish.

I think I should take a break from shmups... at least from those of the full-length-game variety.  As of late, all I seem to be left with at the end of a session is frustration over my inconsistency and - whenever I've actually managed to limp through and clear something - wonderment over why I ever struggled with something so easy.  I've never been any better, but I don't take any solace in it and instead keep expecting near-flawless performances.  I need an attitude adjustment.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Formless God

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 08:28:04 AM »
EoSD: Flower Dream Vine NF Timeout, Extra NB clear.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
Meanwhile i did something Laser of Seventeen Articles normal timeout wasnt actually that difficult. Trying to do it on hard will be pain.

LOLWUT I've just timed it out too Honour the Avoidance of Defiance hard timeout  8) But... Dont expect me trying it on lunatic! No way!
Ditto, did the former (normal ver) in 6 tries yesterday, did the latter (hard ver) in 13 tries a few minutes ago. Pretty fun.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 12:27:22 PM »
While we're on the topic of Miko timeouts:

Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance [Normal]

The best thing is this card is like a traditional survival card, it gets harder as time passes.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
Mountain of Faith no-vertical Normal 1CC.

Did absolutely horrible in stage 5, but captured some surprising stuff, like Kappa's Pororoca and Mountain of Faith. Finished with 3 lives 3.X power.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
Everlasting "Pheonix's Tail" timeout.

Took 81 attempts.

An improvement from Skyfish's ~350. :V

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »
Captured Kanako's third spellcard on normal the funny way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9irVbmWMQ :)

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
Settled the oldest score with the oldest rival.

FUCK YOU, BYAKUREN HIJIRI.

(aka perfect ufo stage 6 normal. not really something super-impressive but something that was a slippery achievement-to-be for a long, long time. no more dying at 0:00 on final spells, nope.)