Author Topic: Aichiya's remake of Touhou Puppet Play v1.8!!  (Read 23039 times)

Re: Aichiya's remake of Touhou Puppet Play v1.8!!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 04:43:19 AM »
You can't really do much in Gensokyo in World Link. There is a Java region though, so that is some post end game stuff you can do.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 06:59:36 AM »
Thank you for the update, I'll put it at the top right away!
Also, has anyone else tried that Touhoumon Emerald 1.8 besides me? Personally I find it alright, though I miss the music from touhoumon games. Aichiya has a link for the game on his web page.

I've been playing through that one, seeing as the TD cast is more accessible, and a few other points.

I just finished actually forming a team of Yoshika, Seiga, Tojiko, Futo, Miko, and Mamizou as well. Full EVs and everything. I love them so <3 Along with the bit where Mami can run a nasty Belly Drum Substitute set akin to Charizard, which makes life so much easier! Yoshika's like a god tank too, Recover with base defensive stats of 145/120/95 is nasty.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »
LOL, I'm going for an Eientei party as soon as I get Kaguya and Eirin. Then I'll add Mokou and Keine.  :V

Hopefully, Kaguya and Mokou don't go about fighting with each other.  :o

-15 minutes later-

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-DODGING danmaku like it's dodgeball-

BAD IDEA BAD IDEA!!!!

OH- *pi-chun*
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
World's dumbest question, but is there a way to actually update 1.0 to 1.01 and update a save file of the former? 
I somehow think this won't work so I will remain with my broken Lunasa and no Pokedex listings  :ohdear:

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
World's dumbest question, but is there a way to actually update 1.0 to 1.01 and update a save file of the former? 
I somehow think this won't work so I will remain with my broken Lunasa and no Pokedex listings  :ohdear:

It's the same as patching Pokemon Fire Red (U) with the 1.00 patch, except you are patching the Touhou Pocket Play Enhanced 1.00 ROM with the 1.00 to 1.01 ips.

Also, when you do patch the game to 1.01 it automatically asks you do you want to convert your current file to 1.00 to 1.01.sav.

Edit: Just a heads up also, make sure you make a SGM file.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:39:01 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:06:14 AM »
The new type chart looks very interesting, good riddance to normal type!

Btw, does anyone know if synchronize ability works in this version in getting the nature you want on wild touhou? I saw the moves are split between physical and special type like in the new games, so I'm hoping it works. I don't want to gather a Koakuma army for no reason. :D

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
Abilities having out-of-battle effects was something that was only introduced in Emerald, so if this hack is based on that game (or anything that came after it) it should work.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
Been spending way too much time with this recently. It's been years since I played any Pokemon games so my mental floodgates kinda opened up.

^ Flawless team. Except for all the flaws.

Also since it was mentioned earlier but not answered properly, Black Alice originates from this (standard Danbooru nsfw warning).

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 12:04:28 AM »
Whoa, so that's where Black Alice came from? That is just awesome.
BTW, nice team lineup. Not one common weakness in the whole team. Good work!

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
BTW, nice team lineup. Not one common weakness in the whole team. Good work!
Thanks, I was incredibly OCD careful about that. The only overlap is that Miko and Mimi-chan are both weak to earth, but Mimi can't take a hit from anything anyway so I don't really count its weaknesses.

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
Shoulda known it was a doujin or something originating from pixiv, but since there's so much there and I'm too lazy to do searches for obscure things at times...

I tend to make my teams not so much to be balanced as to actually work with a theme even if it's detrimental at times.  Like I did Imperishable Night PCs for Merry, and World Link I did PC-98 characters.

Kuribohlv9

• Man in clothes
  • Release the hounds, Tonight we crave BACON!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
I still can't accept that it changes the name of Touhoumon to Boneka. What does Boneka even mean?

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »
I still can't accept that it changes the name of Touhoumon to Boneka. What does Boneka even mean?
IIRC it's Indonesian for 'doll'.

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
When I patch it and start it up I get a white screen and a buzzing noise. What did I do wrong?
Wait now I can start it up but it's still in Japanese.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:41:15 PM by kyuubeycontract »