Author Topic: Aichiya's remake of Touhou Puppet Play v1.8!!  (Read 23060 times)

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
Aichiya's remake of Touhou Puppet Play v1.8!!
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:24:34 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdXRU3OhMGo&feature=g-all-u&context=G275a689FAAAAAAAABAA
Just did a check on Aichiya Sanae's Net Word, and found out about this. I am very excited about it!  :D
Always been a fan of Another World and World Link, so this is a real treat!

Edit: It is finally here!!! Get it while its hot!  :D
http://animackid.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/touhou-puppet-play-1-8-enhanced-v1-00-released/ Here is the link for the patch.

Edit 2: There is an update! Thank you MewMewHeart for the heads up!
http://animackid.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/touhou-puppet-play-1-8-enhanced-v1-01-released/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:54:06 AM by Zap »

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
Re: Aichiya's remake of Touhou Puppet Play v1.8!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:28:35 AM »
:getdown:Must play

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:47 PM »
oh, I hope they finally make a completed version....

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:28:42 AM »
oh, I hope they finally make a completed version....
If you're talking about ones made by Aichiya Sanae, then he/she's already completed World Link.  There's also Another World, which can be linked with the former.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
This is adorable~ <3

I want to know about something, is Ten Desires cast included on this Remake? Also, what about the Tohoumon types? Is it still the regular ones like Fire, Water, Grass... etc, or those crappy and weird ones such as Beast, Magic or Shinto? (Cause I hated that, I just can't adapt myself to those new types).

Also, I want to know if it's 100% finished already and if it has bugs or stuff like that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:01:23 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Zap

• Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »
http://animackid.wordpress.com/
All info about Aichiya's remake should be here. Also this will be where the game will be uploaded most likely.

To answer those questions earlier:
-Ten Desires cast will be included
-The types follow v1.8. So yes, Beast, Reason, Heart, Illusion, Shinto, est, will be used. Except 'Shinto' will be translated into 'Faith' for some reason.
-It's not ready yet. But when it is, I'm sure there will be little to no bugs in it, and those bugs will be taken care of in later versions.

From playing AW and WL, I am pretty comfortable in the fact Aichiya will do an excellent job.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
-The types follow v1.8. So yes, Beast, Reason, Heart, Illusion, Shinto, est, will be used. Except 'Shinto' will be translated into 'Faith' for some reason.

Okay. Also, does someone have a battle chart like this one:

But with the new v1.8 types instead? It's going to help me getting adapted.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »
http://animackid.wordpress.com/
All info about Aichiya's remake should be here. Also this will be where the game will be uploaded most likely.

To answer those questions earlier:
-Ten Desires cast will be included
-It's not ready yet. But when it is, I'm sure there will be little to no bugs in it, and those bugs will be taken care of in later versions.

From playing AW and WL, I am pretty comfortable in the fact Aichiya will do an excellent job.
The reason for "Shinto" to "Faith" change was because there are multiple religions. Buddhism, Shintoism, and Taoism, since Aichiya plans to add Ten Desires characters.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
Interesting stuff, I was wondering what the Touhoumon folks would be doing with the TD characters (mostly due to me having never heard much on Touhoumon after I stopped messing around with it in the past). I do remember playing World Link and Another World once in the past, though and I loved the changed up setting and story. That's what I always wanted in Touhoumon hacks (well, this went way back to when Moemon was a big thing).

The only thing that turned me off from them was that one was a grindfest and the other had the type chart changes that I just wasn't used to.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Zap

• Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »
The only thing that turned me off from them was that one was a grindfest and the other had the type chart changes that I just wasn't used to.
Was that one Insane version? I'm playing that currently, and I swear the caves and forests are...are...  :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:06:36 AM by Zap »

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »
This thread needs an update.
Version 1.0's released for anyone who hasn't heard!
http://animackid.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/touhou-puppet-play-1-8-enhanced-v1-00-released/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:53:26 PM by Frog »

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 09:00:39 PM »
This is relevant to my interests...I waste too much time with Touhoumon because I'm a tad obsessive compulsive (which is why I still play Pokemon after all these years).

Probably wait till after I finish one of the ones I'm still playing or get bored of said ones (I'm obsessively grinding up 'mons and trying to fill out dexes for the most part).

Zap

• Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
This thread needs an update.
Version 1.0's released for anyone who hasn't heard!
http://animackid.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/touhou-puppet-play-1-8-enhanced-v1-00-released/
I thought this died a while ago, so I didn't put up the update. I'll put the link at the top now.
So far its working really good. I highly recommend to play this one.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 02:13:08 AM »
Okay, I've been looking over the list on the wiki, and while most of the evolutions are cookie cutter formulaic, and all but one of the rest are self-explanatory, Black Alice has me scratching my head. The design is distinctive enough that it's gotta be a reference to something, but I don't recognize it and I can't find anything that explains it, be it on the wiki, the Other Wiki, or Google.

Just what is she from?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
Was that one Insane version? I'm playing that currently, and I swear the caves and forests are...are...  :colonveeplusalpha:
Both World Link and Another World are grindfests.

World Link has stupid levels in general, with the final area being filled with Lv 100 'Zforms', which are normally unobtainable massivly overpowered [Read: 900+ BST] versions of certain characters.

Another World isn't *as* bad but still hits 100 by the end, and there are some really BS fights. Like against Reimu, who has a Lv 28 ZReimu. With perfect coverage. [Although it has no STAB, it's a ??? type, so no weaknesses or resistances... but it has levitate]

ZReimu's BST is insane. And you'll only have 2nd forms to fight her, not even Ex forms, unless it's something like Chen. And even that requires overleveling.

I usually grind to 36+ to fight her. And that's because I abuse Mirror Coat Sanae.

That said, the complete lack of anywhere to grind for Brock [Vs.Seeker can't be used in forests] afterwards means that grinding to ~36 for Reimu actually makes things easier.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:50:41 AM by Allosawyou »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Zap

• Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
Okay, I've been looking over the list on the wiki, and while most of the evolutions are cookie cutter formulaic, and all but one of the rest are self-explanatory, Black Alice has me scratching my head. The design is distinctive enough that it's gotta be a reference to something, but I don't recognize it and I can't find anything that explains it, be it on the wiki, the Other Wiki, or Google.

Just what is she from?
I don't know either. But I kinda like Black Alice. Can't wait till I get the National Dex  :3

@Allosawyou- Really? I found facing Reimu the first time pretty easy...

But I know what you mean... Facing Lv100 ZBoneka at the end of WL and AW is just overkill. The only chance you have at winning is using all LWBoneka, and even then its low odds. I end up using LWChen with Toxic to kill them usually.

Thats another reason why I like this new version. No ZBoneka, and almost all Boneka have a winning chance so you can use your favorites. And no matter what form a Boneka is in, the BST is still the same (With exceptions like Keine and AKeine)

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:47 AM »
I'm wondering if Black Alice is a reference to her being from Makai in Mystic Square and the popular fanon that she's Shinki's daughter (adopted or otherwise).  Not sure, there may be another reference, but it's just a guess...

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 04:23:24 AM »
I have never heard of Black Alice until Touhoumon Lunatic.

World Link's Java League was pure hell. Especially when you're underleveled and decide not to bring Ethers. >.>

Also, you can use an Attack Heart Stone on Keine to get AKeine before the National Dex. 130 base attack with 105 speed is always nice early on. :3

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:21 AM »
STOP the presses!

New update for Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced:

http://animackid.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/touhou-puppet-play-1-8-enhanced-v1-01-released/

Change Logs

- iDollDex description. Thanks to Starx and Mekuruku
- Fixed moves behavior for Charge, Nightmare, Lock-On, Thrash, Rage. Thanks to Agastya and ExSariel that they give me adequate information about this
- Edited some text
- Fixed Suwako?s script
- Fixed Route 4 fishing wild Boneka
- Fixed ChibiLusana evo (honestly I didn?t want to fix this, because this bug also appears in Japanese one)
- etc.

Sadly... he won't be updating as much due to office changes.

Click the link above in my post for more details.

I'm just posting this update to help out a bit.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:42:07 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »
And I was just saying to myself I needed to check the blog to see if there was another update.  Thanks.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
And I was just saying to myself I needed to check the blog to see if there was another update.  Thanks.

You're welcome.

Just trying to help out people keep up to date although, I was so bored yesterday that I found the page on Aichiya's blog yesterday out of pure curiosity.

For now though, I'm going to try and grind up my Boneka.

Also, for some weird reason I saw a CLunasa in Viridian Forest  yesterday.  :derp:

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
Anyone know where you find TD Bonekas? I'm dying to use a Futo  :V

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
Anyone know where you find TD Bonekas? I'm dying to use a Futo  :V
Ten Desires gang location:

CTojiko: Birth Island (Unlocked after you beat Red at Mt Silver)
CMiyako: Ruins of Alph in Johto? needs surf? Find her in the grass area.
CMiko: Dragon Den in Johto
CFuto: Slowpoke Well
CSeiga: Faraway Land (South America)? NOTE THAT YOU CAN?T RETURN ONCE YOU GO THERE? needs surf.
CMamizou: Tohjo Falls (Need surf)

Got the information off of the blog.

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
Ah, so they're in Johto and the event islands. Thanks!

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
Most of the Touhoumon games are not very hard, mainly because they allow you to use potions. Max potions, Hyper potions, Max Revives, Revives, etc. make the game easy. Just get 99 of each and you can beat any enemy.

Random

• Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »
Most of the Touhoumon games are not very hard, mainly because they allow you to use potions. Max potions, Hyper potions, Max Revives, Revives, etc. make the game easy. Just get 99 of each and you can beat any enemy.

What games restrict you from using items? The only game I recall that restricts you from using items is Lunatic with Revives.

Zap

• Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »
STOP the presses!

New update for Touhou Puppet Play 1.8 Enhanced:

Thank you for the update, I'll put it at the top right away!
Also, has anyone else tried that Touhoumon Emerald 1.8 besides me? Personally I find it alright, though I miss the music from touhoumon games. Aichiya has a link for the game on his web page.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:55 AM »
Thank you for the update, I'll put it at the top right away!
Also, has anyone else tried that Touhoumon Emerald 1.8 besides me? Personally I find it alright, though I miss the music from touhoumon games. Aichiya has a link for the game on his web page.
Hmm... Touhoumon Emerald 1.8?

Ooooooh~ I hope they make the game interesting enough to pl- OMG TEN DESIRES CAST!

-MewMewHeart has been successfully distracted-

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 04:27:44 AM »
I'm mostly waiting around till more updates are there for the 1.8 games (though I do have this particular version saved).  That and I just got to Gensokyo in World Link and am off exploring and basically grinding up my guys (it does help that since none of my main party uses Rock Smash and Strength, I have someone with less EXP after going through Victory Road).

I might start this version once I get bored of grinding or searching for 'mons to fill the dex though.