Author Topic: About Shrinemaiden.org  (Read 17754 times)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
About Shrinemaiden.org
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/sopa.html

[tso]edited your link since I took it down[/tso]

I can't tell if this is serious or trolling.
If it's trolling then  :V, but if not, then  :colbert:
I just want an axplanation.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:52:16 PM by ♫ Trans Siberian Orchestra ♪ »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: About Shrinemaiden.org
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »
rofl

Yukari screwing around again, no doubt.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
:getdown:

you guys are the best

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Drake

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »
looks like 7hs' handiwork????

EDIT: GUYS YOU DIDN'T CLOSE YOUR HTML BRACKETS
W3C WOULD BE MAD AT YOU
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:36:53 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »
Okay, coming back to it, now I see. When I first saw it, it was at

I'm tired of having to stringently enforce antipiracy policies in an effort to respect the rights of content creators. I'm tires of our community being a beacon of somewhat decency in a sea of whiny brats who just want everything for free.

So you know what, Maidens of the Kaleidoscope will hereby endorse the current efforts in Congress

and nothing else, so I wasn't sure.

:colonveeplusalpha:

axplanation.

how

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
<_<

theshirn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
We're back!

(And we've learned new tricks?)

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:41 PM »
inb44ft3rdramafrompeople

I wouldn't be surprised lol. I guess it was a nice troll way/excuse for a black out :V
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:08:18 PM by Gpop »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 03:06:23 PM »
You think posting now is getting in before drama and overreactions? Did you not pay attention to IRC yesterday? <_<
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
You think posting now is getting in before drama and overreactions? Did you not pay attention to IRC yesterday? <_<
I don't go on IRC much recently. :V

Alright, I'll edit it to AFTER

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Oh man, I rofl'd pretty hard. You guys are awesome ^^

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
IRC over here in the library haven't got any drama. At least when I was up. Someone asked what it was, told them, they went "ok" and that's it.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 05:34:26 PM »
#touhou-meido and #shrinemaiden each got someone who thought it was serious.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

But the very bottom part of the page explained everything ???

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »

But the very bottom part of the page explained everything ???

These are both true statements.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
looks like 7hs' handiwork????

EDIT: GUYS YOU DIDN'T CLOSE YOUR HTML BRACKETS
W3C WOULD BE MAD AT YOU
Fuck you this was my handiwork.  Also writing code in vi by hand on a tablet is a bitch.

PS link for posterity for people who missed it http://www.shrinemaiden.org/sopa.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:50:56 PM by ♫ Trans Siberian Orchestra ♪ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
I would have thought that people noticed that it was a definite 100% joke by the time they got to "protect American jobs from being taken by electronica nerds in their basements making chiptunes with old PC98s".

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »
I had a blast yesterday telling people in the dots-meido channel about how motk is shutting down because of SOPA and PIPA. We get alot of non forumers :V

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
I mean we all clearly know if such evil sites like nicovideo.jp (communists) and danbooru.donmai.us (how cute they put .us in their name to try to hide their communist ways) didn't exist, they instead would be purchasing the latest Eminem/Fabio duet single and watching Real Housewives of Milwaukee and reading Captain George W America and the League of Capitalists.

Captain George W America and the League of Capitalists. Oh man, that's the stuff.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
Now I regret not coming into IRC last night. I would've made popcorn and watched the drama.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

theshirn

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 08:43:56 PM »
Now I regret not coming into IRC last night. I would've made popcorn and watched the drama.
Yeah, I always manage to miss out on Forum Drama Overload.  :munch:

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »
Yeah, I always manage to miss out on Forum Drama Overload.  :munch:
I probably was there but wasn't paying attention :V

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »
Can I just say that TSO is an awesome person? TSO is an awesome person.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 11:14:21 PM »
...though I did have quite a bit on the MC and TS servers. 'What the hell were you thinking guys' was the primary mood in both, though; myself, I was a bit annoyed by the downtime (couldn't update links) but enjoyed the sarcasm expressed regardless.

Plus one user messaged me on Steam, thinking it was serious at first, but after pointing out the bottom of the page it was cleared.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »
Plus one user messaged me on Steam, thinking it was serious at first, but after pointing out the bottom of the page it was cleared.

I've noticed this trend in many, many parts of the internet. When my magazine posts links to our daily news stories, I'd say that maybe ... I dunno, 95% of the people commenting on the article haven't read any further than the headline, let alone the first paragraph displayed in the preview. I can't tell you how many times I've had to respond to comments on news I've written with, "As it says in the article ..."

But this is hilarious. There's like, 200 words to read in the Shrinemaiden SOPA message, first of all. Second, even if you're too lazy to read all 200 words, are you really going to read that opening and be convinced that yes, MotK is totally down with SOPA? That they think Nico and Danbo are communist?

If I had been in IRC last night, I would have likely just trolled these idiots anyway, so maybe it's a good thing I missed out.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:58 AM »
I can't understand why there was any drama at all. Like, seriously, it could not have been a more obvious joke. Especially when it was a joke that explained itself at the end. :|

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 01:33:22 AM »
We live in a tl;dr society now. Unfortunate, but true.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:56 AM »
I see. :persona:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
Drama llama llama

Sorry I inconvenienced you for a day but tbh SOPA is a really important thing.  You know how extremely tough we are on piracy.  Technically as far as the current rules go we don't even have to police for people posting links, just take them down if someone complains.  We do it as a sign of respect to the creators of the works we know and love, and to try to avoid the usual "download everything that moves" stigma most visual culture fandoms have.

You may think our policies are super strict and tough, but realize under SOPA they wouldn't be tough enough.  We become liable for every link made and if a link gets posted and the content owner sees it they can have our site taken down immediately.  Under the current system a content owner would issue a takedown notice and as long as we take ot down within a reasonable timeframe we are not liable for it.  It's a provision known as "safe harbor", we cannot be held liable for the actions of our userbase as long as we comply with notices.  Now if we choose to keep the content up anyways then we are liable and the fisticuffs come out, or if the user files a counterclaim we can put it back up then the user becomes liable.

Under SOPA though, there is no "safe harbor", if a user posts a copyrighted link the owners can just request our site be shut down and then we would have to pleade and prove our innocence.  It doesn't matter if we don't condone it or if we the site owners did not permit it, if it happens and we are caught we are liable.  So essentially we would have to check every single post with a link in it for copyroghted materials, lest we let one slip through.  Sites like danbooru and deviantart would be shut down overnight, they don't have the legal resources to survive.  YouTube would, but it'd be so expensive Google would probably just take theor ball home and shut down.  Sites like Justin.TV and UStream would be dead.

So yeah sorry for blocking the forum overnight but if SOPA passes you can forget about this site ever existing again.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

K

• 五月雨を あつめて早し
  • 最上川
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
Code: (http://www.shrinemaiden.org/index.html) [Select]
<?php
header
("Location: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/");
exit; 
?>

Well, that's what it says, but it doesn't seem to actually execute the PHP inside. Oops.
(OH NO GUYS, THE SITE ACTUALLY GOT SHUT DOWN IT'S JUST A BLANK PAGE DAMN YOU SOPA)