Author Topic: Hakurei Shrine God  (Read 26049 times)

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
Hakurei Shrine God
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:33:45 AM »
I never thought about it, but what god in Hakurei shine does Reimu worship anyway?  ???

Wiki did said there is a god.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:24:57 PM by shinyjam »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Re: Hakurei Shine God
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:46:37 AM »
Mima appointed herself as the God of the shrine, I guess. Although now that'll probably be as good as retcon anyway.

In all honesty though, I doubt the Shrine itself has one, being it's true purpose is related to the border.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

shinyjam

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:04:33 AM »
Umm...I guess that's count, but the game text sound like she just the extra one instead of the original.  :P

"She is like the deity (evil deity) of the Shrine by now, but her personality is more human-ish than human. "

If it about border, could it be Yukari? Since she the one maintaining it and such...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 03:07:36 AM »
Mima became the border.
WHAT A TWEEST!

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:10:38 AM »
Mima covered it i believe..

and so did I...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

shinyjam

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 03:11:23 AM »
Oh ho that is a great twist~~.....it would explain so many things...

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 03:21:01 AM »
You mispelt Shrine. Twice. =V

That being said, apparently, the Hakurei Shrine's power (in terms of holiness) has receded due to Reimu's general laziness when it comes to training, so even Remilia, who shouldn't be able to go to the Shrine, can go with no ill effects. So yeah. >_>

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:27 AM »
The only thing I remember about the Hakurei Shrine god(dess?) Reimu was fighting the a goddess of harvest, who smelled something like sweet potatoes, made her hungry, ect. After the fight, Reimu apparently thought that goddess was a weak easy target and wondered if her own god was just as weak as well... This suggests two things:

Reimu's faith level is extraordinarily low for a priestess
Reimu is unfamiliar with her own god, so even she might not know who it is.

Keep in mind this is second hand information from a long time ago, so I could be deeply befuddled on the matter. Still, it's kinda sad when you think about it. If she doesn't know who it is, I doubt anybody else would either....

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 03:30:27 AM »
I don't think this has really been gone into much in any translated material. (I've heard it rumored that Bohemian Archive's article about the Hakurei Shrine is also relevant, but there's no translation on that yet, so what can ya do.) All I can think of offhand is two quotes about it.

Reimu, in MoF: "I wonder if my shrine's god is any stronger?" So apparently she believes she has one, but doesn't know much about the specifics. Edit for curse you, rascally Tonepoet!

And Rinnosuke, in Curiosities of Lotus Asia naturally. Sakuya calls the shrine godless, Reimu objects, and he narrates, "I?m probably the only one that knows about the origins of the Hakurei Shrine. Here I thought about teaching it as for restoring Reimu?s honor, but? it?s not really important, so it was rejected. How sad." Which mostly tells us that he's a huge tease.

So in conclusion... I know no more about it now than when I started. Except, I suppose, that it's probably intended to be mysterious, not just an oversight. Either way, it's some nice fertile ground for speculation and wacky theories!

shinyjam

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 03:37:52 AM »
You mispelt Shrine. Twice. =V
Ah yes, must have something to do my shiny little name.

So apparently she believes she has one, but doesn't know much about the specifics.
That's logical since she just inherent the shine.

Sakuya calls the shrine godless, Reimu objects,
Umm...ying yang orb?  Something to do with her bloodline power? ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:40:13 AM by shinyjam »

Hieda no Aya

• I see you remodeled.
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 04:02:59 AM »
Umm...ying yang orb?  Something to do with her bloodline power? ;D
Heheh, well hey, Sakuya's also said once that she doesn't believe in god. You've really gotta be determined to get away with that in Gensokyo...

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 04:13:40 AM »
Silly humans...the Hakurei Shrine's god is obviously ZUN! Hence all the plot armor Reimu gets during "Incidents".

Drake

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 06:04:54 AM »
Reimu's more of the guardian of the Hakurei Barrier than she is a shrine maiden of a god.
It's possible that there is no god in the shrine, either.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 11:47:34 AM »
Me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
Never. It's just visiting Makai and sitting inside the shrine playing on various human world game consoles is more fun that venturing out into the cold to stop some wannabe villain from doing something ever-so-slightly bad.

Ah~ It seems I was the only villain who was a true evil genius~

Wordspoken

• Death Moe
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
Gotta give a hand to ZUN. 11 games so far, 12th coming up and still manages to keep Hakurei shrine god a secret. Didn't even need to mention it in SSiB.
This voice...sounds like a drunken loli. Is that you, Suika?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »
Gotta give a hand to ZUN. 11 games so far, 12th coming up and still manages to keep Hakurei shrine god a secret. Didn't even need to mention it in SSiB.

It's easier. He doesn't have to decide this way.
rofl bye

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Hakurei Shrine God
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »
What kind of value would it have anyway revealing the god(ess) she possibly worships. It still wouldn't be more important than the Hakurei Border.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
Ah~ It seems I was the only villain who was a true evil genius~

Yumemi would like a word with you...

Also, the true god of the Hakurei Shrine is... Rin Satsuki!  Why?  Because... Just because.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
All Yumemi wanted was to get magical research or data or something. Genius, yes. Evil, no.

I wanted everyone dead~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 04:57:44 PM »
You're so moe when you try to be badass ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »
Maybe it's ILLUSIONARY RICHARD DAWKINS. In our world, he wrote the God Delusion, but in Gensokyo he is a god himself. He is like Youmu, he is one half atheist and one half god. He can teach you about biology and stuff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:10:06 PM by Rosie Rune »

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:28 PM »
It's not that hard actually, that is, if you simply bury the player in alot of other shit that diverts their attention away from the subject in question.

I mean really, is this the first time such a question has arisen to anyone? If so, then I rest my case.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

shinyjam

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »
I mean really, is this the first time such a question has arisen to anyone? If so, then I rest my case.
Probably never be asked if I never brought it up.  :o

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »
The deity's identity is a secret for sure, but I think that Yukari is hinted heavily when it was set that she lives in the Hakurei border and that she would wear that yin-yang in an anologue way to Reimu.
Still, we should take note that Reimu and Yukari have the same position in Gensokyo.

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 06:34:39 PM »
It's totally the Dragon.

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »
I heard that the Shrine God is a mysterious entity, and that there are rumors that it makes an appearance as a TLB, if you can clear all of the TH official games in cronological order (at Lunatic Difficulty). You must 1lc every game with all characters, in a row.

If done correctly, then you're allowed to play the second loop (in this case, all games must be 1lc'd again consecutively, with all characters). Then, at the final stage, you fight the shrine itself. (remember that the shrine isn't within Gensokyo..)
When you defeat it, the Shrine God emerges (even if the shrine has been destroyed twice in the series; the Shrine God says that She's determined to destroy the player Herself, and that She will use Her mighty weapon against the player).

People who're able to defeat the Shrine God are then allowed to enter a score contest, and the contest's winner will be granted an extremely-limited Campaign Version edition, featuring a more difficult Shrine God.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »
I heard that the Shrine God is a mysterious entity, and that there are rumors that it makes an appearance as a TLB, if you can clear all of the TH official games in cronological order (at Lunatic Difficulty). You must 1lc every game with all characters, in a row.

If done correctly, then you're allowed to play the second loop (in this case, all games must be 1lc'd again consecutively, with all characters). Then, at the final stage, you fight the shrine itself. (remember that the shrine isn't within Gensokyo..)
When you defeat it, the Shrine God emerges (even if the shrine has been destroyed twice in the series; the Shrine God says that She's determined to destroy the player Herself, and that She will use Her mighty weapon against the player).

People who're able to defeat the Shrine God are then allowed to enter a score contest, and the contest's winner will be granted an extremely-limited Campaign Version edition, featuring a more difficult Shrine God.
Bah and I thought Easy mode would atleast work.

Slacker

• He's the other ⑨!
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
Bah and I thought Easy mode would at least work.

That or donating at her shrine.