Author Topic: Touhou fantasy  (Read 138908 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou fantasy
« Reply #510 on: February 27, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
I decided to look at my LP for my run of my end beta4 dungeon (I don't recall what all I did in that dungeon and whatnot, so it may be shorter than what I did, or longer), but...here are the times:

20:00 for Fate
8:00 for Rikako
8:20 for Sara
2:06 for Meira
6:55 for Elis
4:57 for Shingyoku
3:50 for Alice

54:08 total spent on bosses roughly.

1:53:27 spent on dungeon alone.

Total time: 2:47:35

So um...a good portion of that is spent fighting the bosses, and as I said in RPGMaker.net, I DID say I'm going to cut down on the size of a lot of these dungeons anyways, but um...I didn't realize it was that long. It certainly didn't FEEL that long to me (and bosses are give or take too, since some can take longer, and there's quite a few cutscenes in there too. So the dungeon is split up between the bosses, several cutscenes (there's about 10 cutscenes in there or something), and the dungeon itself).

So yeah...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CoHqjqwB60&feature=youtu.be

Update to Winter Forest! For reference, this is the old map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBzmrBirhzE

Yeah, quite a drastic change eh? Don't mind the caves, they're not done yet, and expect a few mapping errors here and there. This is the first time running through the map after finishing it, so there's bound to be some errors here and there. A lot of the stuff you see here, such as trees bunched together, or bushes in front of one another, was done by eventing. It's the only way I CAN do it that way!

So tell me, what do you guys think? Would you like to see more videos of other updated areas? Think it's too long? Note that I did do this with random encounters turned off, and remove about a minute or 2 for the start and end, and well...it's about 4-5 minutes long. Not really that bad all things considered, even with random encounters.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »
In other news, have a Alice's house, done by another mapper~

« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2013, 02:42:34 AM »
Looks like things are coming along quite nicely ^_^. Oh will our saves still be usable in the new version?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2013, 02:44:58 AM »
Unless your saves are super super old, then they should still work. I haven't touched anything character wise in the database forever now, so as long as I don't do that, everything should be just fine.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #515 on: March 13, 2013, 05:52:19 AM »

Rough draft of the Profile for characters, which will probably utilize the item that normally would've been the Scan item for times Aya wasn't available. Exorcism is going to be cut off, so that's one less thing to worry about. I have been told that there's too many elements, but I honestly don't see the problem. Exorcism/Ghost were meant to be "slayer" type effects, and Absorb there's never anything weak to it, but resistant to it, so it's more of an attribute to attacks than an actual element (yes, it's still an element, but not one that people have to worry THAT much about). Mystic and Poison aren't on here either.

I'm honestly surprised that nobody has said on said forum that there's too many statuses. Statuses that can be inflicted to players are: Death, Poison, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Confusion, Sleep, Paralyze, Amnesia, Venom, Petrify, Freeze, Slow, Stop, Fear, Power Break, Armor Break, Magic Break, Cursed, Charm, Sap, MP Sap, Disable, Heat, and Lock. 26 statuses in all, not including the positive ones and dummy statuses, which nobody would resist anyways.

Gravity, Poison, and Mystic are the three Advanced Elements of the game. Nothing is immune to or absorbs Mystic, and there's nothing that increases nor decreases resistance to it, so it's entirely based on the target's natural resistance. Poison generally deals more damage to Human-type enemies, while Gravity deals damage accordingly to size of the target.

Profile will most likely be split across pages to have more data on characters. One page being for a short bio for them, for those who don't know the characters mostly. Another just for elements, another for just statuses, and the last probably for the character's secondary command ability, in case the player forgets what it does.

« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2013, 01:27:03 AM »
There's a profile page now  :o awesome will you be adding additional character info as well?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2013, 01:28:24 AM »
Only for the playable characters (and a couple important temporary characters). There won't be a page for every character in the game...that'd be way too much work methinks.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:09 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4Fx-TBhRo

Yup, took the entire day today just to update this stupid area. I think it looks a lot better, though making it like it looks in canon is kinda hard. All I had to go with really was the Perfect Memento in Strict Sense image!

Again, let me know if you guys want to see more videos like this for updated areas, or hell, let me know if you guys even want to have me do a commentary LP on the entire game as it is...like a Developer's Edition or something.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »

Another update to the bio page thing. Spreads across 3 pages thus far (might be a 4th page, depending on circumstances). I think it's turning out good so far (note again, I'm not the one making these either).

Don't ask why he thinks going into negatives is weakness when it's generally resistance but eh.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #520 on: March 25, 2013, 07:30:11 PM »
Please go to this topic for new stuff. This is so I can updated the original first post with updated data myself and other things:

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14520.0.html

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy the game more.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #521 on: March 26, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Locking this thread then since a new and updated one has been made. Please continue in there.