Author Topic: Touhou fantasy  (Read 138894 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Re: Touhou fantasy
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »
So as of right now, some new things:

*One boss nerfed, mainly because she was TOO strong.
*Another boss slightly buffed (got Double Attack), mainly because if she only uses Magic, and you have a character immune to magic, you cannot proceed with the story...
*Momiji now has Mad Rush!
*Patchouli now has the MP Stroll ability for whenever she's in the party.
*Patchouli's Weapon Bless skillset and Hope's Pestilence skillsets are currently in the works right now.

That is what's up. The question is, should Patchouli START with all abilities in her Weapon Bless skillset or not?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »
Um... Xeno, do you have a copy of the CommandFTP required to play Touhou Fantasy, because I wanted to check out the game myself since I like both Final Fantasy and Touhou. I have everything else I just need the CommandFTP and I'll be ready to go.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1edlvybba1n12e

You need that now, since the CommandRTP is lost to time sadly. You'll need to drag each folder's content into TF's folders (for instance, take all of the stuff in the RTP's Charset folder and put it into TF's Charset folder). This is because TF still uses default stuff from the RTP. Someday I'll go and prune the RTP stuff that I'm not using to make it so that it's not needed anymore. If THAT doesn't work, then use the following and try again with all of the RTP in each folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?azwau3v6b2f2sys

That should do the trick for you, either which way.

For everyone else, the Mediafire link to the folder for stuff:  http://www.mediafire.com/?byjispawcmaak

Done right this time! Big update to come (hopefully) soon sooo~
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:52:05 AM by Xenomic »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »
Thankies~ Xeno, now I'm gonna do what I usually do on Final Fantasy games: Grind, Explore, DIE, COLLECT, and Search.

Oh yeah... a tiny suggestion about the map files that come with Touhou fantasy... can you please put them in a folder where it won't clutter all over the place, please if you can. x.x

From the LPs I have seen on Youtube of TF, I might get hooked on this game since it's Final Fantasy, Touhou, and I'm a sucker for RPGS.

Also... a little help... with getting rid of this error...please?

Edit: Never mind fixed the problem and.... OMFG Title music <3333333333333333333

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:52:23 AM by MewMewHeart »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 04:38:02 AM »
I can't do anything about the map files since they HAVE to be in that particular spot. That's how 2k3 reads them.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 04:46:56 AM »
I can't do anything about the map files since they HAVE to be in that particular spot. That's how 2k3 reads them.
Ah, it's understandable about RPG makers with map files since I once did mess around with a rpg maker myself.

But, so far a few of my friends are going nuts over Touhou Fantasy, after I told them about the game.  :derp:

Sheesh the title screen song is addicting to listen to~  :V

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:34 AM »
Well, I'm getting closer to the end of recording my LP, so once I'm done there, I'll continue fixing up the rest of this patch, and then there'll be a lot more added to the game for version 3.0 of beta4 (and then I can finally start on freaking beta5...after a year of being on beta4...). I'll have to make a patch in-game so that characters will get their appropriate commands and skills (since they won't get it in-game in a current file unless I patch it this way).

Still wish I could get Disease/Bubble to work. I don't know what's up with those, but they don't want to work....and if they don't work, that'll ruin some of the evilness I had planned for later stages of the game! ;_;

And yes, for some areas of the game, I already have videos of them done on my channel (there's 3 specific areas in the game that have videos dedicated to them, mainly because they're so annoying to get through).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »
Hmm... the game crashes when I try to buy from the shops in the Human village, is something wrong?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:39:40 PM by MewMewHeart »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »
Oh boy.....so it's doing that huh? I'll have to upload a new patch...one second.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6sgjdqfnz2vhw36

Apparently that patch had the buggy patch I put into the game. Hopefully this one will fix that (and in the event that this doesn't work, I have included an older RPT_RT.exe file. Just replace the current one with this file, and it should work just fine). Also note that there is a command ability that is not fully done yet (being W. Bless). Ignore that for now until I announce that it's done!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
Oh boy.....so it's doing that huh? I'll have to upload a new patch...one second.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6sgjdqfnz2vhw36

Apparently that patch had the buggy patch I put into the game. Hopefully this one will fix that (and in the event that this doesn't work, I have included an older RPT_RT.exe file. Just replace the current one with this file, and it should work just fine). Also note that there is a command ability that is not fully done yet (being W. Bless). Ignore that for now until I announce that it's done!

Ah-ha! So, no wonder I crashed eh? I guess I wasn't going bonkers after crashing while going into a random encounter at the Misty Lake then.

Thank you for pointing it out for me.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
Huh? It crashed while going into a random encounter too? If you could (if you still have it which I doubt) do you recall the error name and whatnot? Because if it was from that patch, then....don't know if Cherry has it fixed or not (I would assume he does since nothing's crashing on my end...).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
Huh? It crashed while going into a random encounter too? If you could (if you still have it which I doubt) do you recall the error name and whatnot? Because if it was from that patch, then....don't know if Cherry has it fixed or not (I would assume he does since nothing's crashing on my end...).

It was the same error I was getting in the shops.

But, the new RTP_exe you linked me to is working fine and I can safely resupply and fight mobs.

It was the buggy patch that was doing the crashing.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 05:23:34 AM »
Huh....how bizarre. Well, Cherry said he fixed it sooo....do let me know if you get anymore errors and post them here so that I can alert him (or if it's related to the game, such as text-cutoff or wrong portraits, etc., do let me know so I can fix that too).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
Huh....how bizarre. Well, Cherry said he fixed it sooo....do let me know if you get anymore errors and post them here so that I can alert him (or if it's related to the game, such as text-cutoff or wrong portraits, etc., do let me know so I can fix that too).

No problem, Xeno, I'll scout out as many of the bugs as I can. :D

So, far no problem only a few text-cut offs but, those I'm not worried about, it's the bugs I would try to weed out first.

Just saying this, as an aspiring game designer. :derp:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:04:12 PM by MewMewHeart »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:42:23 PM »
A lot of the bugs should (hopefully) be fixed (except for one sign puzzle in Bamboo Forest, because I never fixed it and am thinking of completely redesigning that area, which I'm not looking forward to doing because I hate mapping. Hence why beta5 is taking as long as it is). Once I get done with my LP and fix up what's left, I'll go back and fix the text cut-offs myself methinks (text needs fixed on a lot of places anyways. There's too many ellipsis in this game! I need to learn to stop abusing them...).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 02:02:12 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?z86v77iyb1461tv

Newest update patch! This fixes up everything that's been bugged up until the end of beta4. There's still more things to do before I work on beta5, but for the most part, the bigger stuff is done for now!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:47 AM »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »
Alright, so I've been working on quite a few things, mainly the Weapon Bless command and the Disease status. However, I am having no such luck getting either to fully function (they're MOSTLY working, but not in the right way). If there's any RPG Maker coding gurus out there (or any coders that would know what is wrong), do let me know. I can use all the help I can get on this stupid project ;_;

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 01:01:47 AM »
***March 16, 2012***

More Music!!!:  http://www.mediafire.com/?7022c5p20rtggaj

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
I really want to play this game for the most part, but, ah, I sort of don't get how! It might just be me never ever doing something like this, either way.

Like, um, I got the RPG maker(I think I was supposed to, at the least), then I got all your file things and put them in the RTP folder that came with it, and then I got all these...map.lmu files? I don't know what to do with those, but I'm just very unsure as to how to run it, ahem ^^''

I mean, I have all the files necessary down and downloaded, I'm just unsure as to running it, yeah.

Um, sorry for the trouble.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 05:21:24 AM »
Have a picture.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 05:51:21 AM »
Ok, so I'm almost finally done with the whole Weapon Bless system for everyone (up through beta5 weapons anyways). Once I get this done, I'll start on the Armor stuff and then finish it up with the Status Bless since that'll take equally as long as Weapon Bless (as of this post, this is day 5-6 of working on that command alone). Now, the question I have here...I am thinking about cutting down the number of abilities for Status Bless from 14 to 8, to match how many other abilities are in Hope's other skillsets (minus her default). The question is, what to axe for it? The following are all the abilities in Hope's Status Bless command:

Instant Death, Poison, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Confusion, Sleep, Paralyze, Amnesia, Venom, Petrify, Freeze, Slow, and Stop.

If I DO decide to add more back into this at a later date, that'll be easier to deal with then, but for now, 6 of these need to be axed (plus it'll make coding this monster a lot quicker...). In addition, I have yet to decide what to give for Armor Status Bless. Speaking of new commands...

Patchouli and Byakuren both will have Weapon Bless (Weapon Bless will replace Byakuren's current Pray ability, because it's lame). Does not stack with Status Bless.
Nitori will gain the Armor Elemental Bless (just called A. Bless) command. This will grant a buff that increases resistance towards an element for a specific amount of time. Will not stack with Armor Status Bless (unless I make one target armor and another helmets). The only element not available in here that's in Weapon Bless is Mystic.
Suwako will gain the Armor Status Bless (just called A. Bless) command. This will grant a buff that protects fully against a chosen status effect until the buff wears off. Does not stack with Armor Elemental Bless. No idea how many abilities should come into this.

In addition, Momiji and Youmu also have new things that I'll be adding to them (Names are subject to change):

(????): 3 separate abilities for Slash, Pierce, and Blunt (single target or AoE, I haven't decided). (Momiji Only)
Barrier: Physical Resist Up for one party member (Momiji only)
Shield Wall: Physical Resist Up for a limited time for the party (Momiji only)
Critical Up: Doubles Critical % of weapons.
Piercing Sight: Ignores Evasion for brief time.
Target All: Allows attacking all enemies.

Whether or not I should give the last 3 abilities to BOTH Momiji and Youmu, or to either or is up in the air.

Last thing, Field abilities may come into play (yes, those same ones from GoS). In fact, Sakuya may utilize them if I get them coded right. They are as follows (all exactly from GoS):

Killing World: Prevents all healing effects.
Killer World: Increases Instant KO effects.
Suction World: Increases Potency of HP draining moves.
Empty World: Removes field abilities.
One MP Cost (On accessory and field ability)
Chameleon Camouflage: Reduces elemental damage

Some of these will come into play with bosses too as they'll set these up either during a fight or at the start or prior to it (or it'll be the dungeon's gimmick).

Patchouli's MP Stroll ability is currently disabled as it was OP (deciding if it should be every X steps you recover 1 MP or something. 1 MP for 1 step is kinda silly, especially with Sakuya's speed bonus on the overworld). Also still deciding on Souleater for Remilia as well as Yumemi's Gadgeteer type ability and on how to fix Sanae's Miracle ability.

Last thing to note is that Mokou will get her Auto-Revive passive from GoS as well (I haven't decided on the % chance to revive per turn, as per turn means every turn that happens, from an enemy or ally, not just from Mokou).

So there's that as an update! Any ideas or suggestions, feel free to add to this!

Tangrelle

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »
Oh, ah, the picture helped a lot, so many thanks, but when I do click it, I get one of my own!

And it looks something like this!

I'm sure I must be braindead at this point, so sorry ;.;

EDIT: I THINK I might have gotten it. I missed a file somehow, so let's see if this'll dooo

EDIT2: Yep! Got it working! Now to just put all this music innnn

EDIT3: Ahahah, guess I messed up because when I played the opening it error'd, saying it couldn't open object1 or something. I just restarted it and skipped it instead, so I geuss it's fine.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:25:34 PM by Tangrelle »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 08:04:02 PM »
Eh...? Did I not include the DynRPG folder in that patch? It should've been there...in that case, I'll upload it by itself.

Or I'll just upload this new patch and let you guys have fun with it. There's still stuff to fix up, so don't expect EVERYTHING to fully work right off the bat!

Version 1.02 Patch:  http://www.mediafire.com/?e69qbeiay3c8p1o

Let me know if that fixes your problem!

Tangrelle

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Blah, scratch what I said earlier.

I think I honestly messed up somewhere, and probably badly, because I just have no luck playing

I walked into the Misty Lake and that went fine until a battle started and this happened

I just have no luck, do I?

I really do want to play, but I figure I lack the ability to make it happen XD
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:48:17 PM by Tangrelle »

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »
The file plains? Wth? Umm....you put the RTP stuff INSIDE the TF folders right? Like, you put the RTP Music in the Touhou Fantasy Music folder, and not vice versa? Because that would cause issues.

What you do:

1) Get the Touhou Fantasy game. DO NOT MOVE ANYTHING INSIDE HERE!
2) Get the CommandRTP and run it (alternatively, get the RTP folder in the Mediafire link and put all of the folders into each respective TF folder. So all RTP Music goes inside the Touhou Fantasy Music folder
3) Run the game! Should work perfectly fine then.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:00:58 PM by Xenomic »

Tangrelle

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
I think I understand?

So i have to put all that original stuff from the rtp folder and put it in with the corresponding Touhou stuff, right?

I'll give it a go!

Jq1790

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »
stuff
Status Bless:  I'd say removing the game-ending statuses might be a start.  Not sure what else to remove though.

Piercing Sight I think belongs to Momiji.
Critical-Up I think Youmu fits better, but giving it to both would make a certain amount of sense also, so my opinion's up in the air on that one.
Slash-All(Appropriate name for Target-All given who we're referring to) should be Youmu exclusive.

Justifications exist for all 3 skill suggestions, if desired.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »
That'll at least remove 4 statuses (Instant Death, Venom, Petrify, and Stop). That'd leave at least 2 more to remove then...hmm.

Keep in mind that I may be giving Youmu Stances too (similar to GoS/DoSM, though whether or not I make it so that it's just a self-buff for something else, or lets her get access to stance-exclusive abilities is up in the air).  And Momiji is getting physical resist stuff too so there's that...hmmm. I could have Youmu make it so that her Stance type moves give her special properties for her weapons (i.e. change them from Slash to Pierce or Blunt...though that'd mess up her abilities. Hard to say on this one).

If anything, splitting at least 2 of those abilities up would balance things out (and I wouldn't have to duplicate things moreso than I have to if I want them to also work in tangent with Weapon/Status Bless).

@Tangrelle: Yes, that's what you have to do, or you can just get CommandRTP which makes it so you don't even need to have the RTP stuff.

Jq1790

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
Perhaps those properties, such as Slash-All, could be accessed BECAUSE of the Stances, in addition to whatever else you had planned?  As in, she takes on one stance that allows her to move more efficiently, so she can hit everything in the span of a single turn; she then switches stances when there's only one enemy left in order to focus only on the most lethal strikes she can perform, concentrating on hitting an enemy's most vulnerable places for maximum damage.