Author Topic: Touhou Speculations: Because ZUN is too vague about things.  (Read 20368 times)

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
Let's start with something about Sakuya.

There is a theory that she is a Lunarian and is actually a clone of Eirin which is why the pharmacist seems to know her in Imperishable Night. Sakuya's time stopping ability was actually a by-product of a Lunarian experiment to explore that kind of power and that Eirin made Sakuya's watch to amplify and regulate her ability.

Your thoughts on the matter?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
Re: Touhou Speculations: Because ZUN is too vague about things.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:39 AM »
mostly canon... no proof.
we need more info from ZUN..

and i thought it was a discussion about possible UFO characters.

We need twins/triplets in Touhou

and we need a REAL megane char.

nuff said

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 02:32:53 AM »
and we need a REAL megane char.

nuff said
ಠ_ಠ

Rikako and Rinnosuke. BOTH wear glasses and are thus 'megane' characters.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 03:11:17 AM »
doesn't appear in a TOUHOU WINDOWS GAME.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
So?

They're Touhou characters regardless of what game/work of fiction they're from.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 05:32:11 AM »
Let's start with something about Sakuya.

There is a theory that she is a Lunarian and is actually a clone of Eirin which is why the pharmacist seems to know her in Imperishable Night. Sakuya's time stopping ability was actually a by-product of a Lunarian experiment to explore that kind of power and that Eirin made Sakuya's watch to amplify and regulate her ability.

Your thoughts on the matter?

Sakuya is Eirin's daughter, who was left on the doorstep of the SDM when she was still a baby.  Eirin is a time travelling future version of Sakuya.  These are not mutually exclusive.

...Also, this means that they are not pads.

doesn't appear in a TOUHOU WINDOWS GAME.

... ... ...

Still thy tongue!  PC-98 counts just as much as Windows does!  And Rikako has more than enough glasses moe to go around!  Still, there really should be another glasses wearing character...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 05:35:24 AM »
...Also, this means that they are not pads.

Did you check?

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 05:44:50 AM »
Hereditary traits and all that, play a part in them not being pads. I mean look at Eirin she has breasts like a swimsuit model. If Sakuya is the spawn of Eirin then they most certainly are not pads.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 02:08:22 PM »
Hey gaiz, Flandre is teh child of Arcuied and Shiki.

(Yes, I went there.)

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
oh u chaos.

Moerin

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »

(Yes, I went there.)

Nonsense, she's clearly the illegitimate child of Ryogi and Archer.

Also, Yumemi is a Time Lord.  More specifically, Yumemi is The Rani.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »
No mention of Maribel = Yukari?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
Speculations. . .

Speculations are comparable to a circle.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 05:15:57 PM »
Whoops wish I'd read this thread first :( I have a speculation about Sakuya.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »
Why did you create a new thread then and didn't post it in here? As this is a speculation thread.

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
I didn't see it and from the title assumed it was a joke thread :(

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 08:22:26 PM »
We need twins/triplets in Touhou

Anyway, Sara actually has an EX mode not unlike Rumia's. Shinki made her to be the guard to Makai because if anything that would threaten the wellbeing of her world tried to enter Sara would go EX mode and gain super strength/speed/agility/reflexes, then completely decimate the opponent.

And also there are alternate canons depending on which character you use. As in, if you use Reimu, you're using the canon in which Reimu has been the one to solve all the incidents and is also the one written works default to. If you use Marisa, you're using the alternate canon in which Marisa has solved all incidents after SoEW, and so forth.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:27:22 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
maribel = yukari

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Moerin

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
maribel = yukari

Nah, too obvious.  Renko is Yukari, and Maribel is, of course, Rin Satsuki.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:14:31 PM by Great Theorist Onizuka »

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »

No, no...Flandre is actually a long lost Brunstud and is Arcuied's sister not Remilia's. The reason why she goes berserk so much isn't so much as insanity as she was never able to learn how to suppress her vampiric urges like Arcuied can. Hence, the similarities between Flan and WARcueid. As for the wings...that is anybody's end.

Moerin

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
Remilia, Flandre and Kurumi are Dead Apostle Ancestors.  Scarlet Destiny is not just Remi's Last Word, but her Reality Marble as well.  Also, Kurumi is the third Scarlet sister.

Daiyousei is in fact a lot stronger and smarter than she lets off.  However, she doesn't want to be bothered by everyone every time an incident takes place, so she pretends that she's weaker than Cirno.

Cirno is farsighted.  It's why Icicle Fall - Easy has such an obvious blindspot (I actually suggested this on Poosh one time, and it ended up on TV Tropes a few hours later.  I see this as a personal achievement in Touhou fandom).

"Manipulation of Flowers" is just a fancy way of saying "Manipulation of Plants in General", which clearly takes Yuka's ability out of the Heart tier and straight up into the higher power level that it deserves.

Alice is trying to become a god in order to properly control the power of her Grimiore.

The time it takes Kaguya and/or Mokou to revive whenever they "die" is equivelent to the severity of their wounds.  A simple head wound would take relatively little time to resurrect from compared to, say, disintegration.  Also, they spend the time that they're "dead" in the afterlife until they revive, and as such are on familiar terms with Yuyuko, Shikieiki and Komachi.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:00:52 PM by Great Theorist Onizuka »

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 10:56:52 PM »
Also, they spend the time that they're "dead" in the afterlife until they revive, and as such are on familiar terms with Yuyuko, Shikieiki and Komachi.

I can actually imagine Komachi greeting either or both Kaguya and Mouko whenever they die and pop in the Gensokyo afterworld.

"Not you again...this is really getting old you know! Just make up already and spare us anymore of this crap!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 11:16:03 PM »
The time it takes Kaguya and/or Mokou to revive whenever they "die" is equivelent to the severity of their wounds.  A simple head wound would take relatively little time to resurrect from compared to, say, disintegration. 
Well, Mokou goes BANG several times on IN Extra, so... yeah.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 12:36:03 AM »
I agree with theorist on the far-sighted bit.. that might be possible.

But meh, i want more twins. and triplets.

WITH TWIN TAILS

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »

WITH TWIN TAILS

You will accept Mugetu and Gengetu and you will like it.

Speaking of the two, I've kinda laid out this whole backstory and everything, but...yeah, that's just my own little world. I do still think that they were banished from Makai because of some incident though (why else would they be the only two demons to live outside of Makai?)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 02:12:39 AM »
Saying a big 'Fuck this!' to the WMG for a moment, let's have a look at Gensokyo afterlife for a moment, mostly on Heaven since that gets absolutely NO focus in Touhou whatsoever.

It comes off to me as odd that, given how spiritual Touhou can be at some points, all we really ever get in terms of the afterlife are Hell-ish elements, Higan and 'Oh people die and become ghosts. The End'. I do NOT see Celestials as beings of heavenly origin and no one else should (the world they come from is stated to not be heaven in any sense, rather an exclusive club, if you will, where they hang out).

Let's begin with what we have so far, Sariel. She is by far the ONLY character that is truly from Heaven and we don't get much as to what her motives were in HtRP, or what her past was (as per the usual with PC98 characters). But let's stop and salvage what we can of what is from HRtP to peice things together on our own. First, her location; a Shrine, why is it that an Angel resides in a shrine? Could this be a clue as to how things work in Heaven? It very well could be...

Given that one and only clue, I speculate that, in Heaven, Angels are actually dead miko. Since, miko themselves can comminucate with the gods who dwell in heaven, this means that they are thus granted 'special rights' when they die just for being closely tied to Gods. So, when a miko dies or is killed, these 'rights' are presented to the Yama upon her death. The Yama allow her to ascend to Heaven, free of judging, and there the miko in question becomes an Angel and comes to work along side the Gods/Goddesses she communicated with. HOWever there's a huge catch to this; in order to ascend, a miko MUST remain pious and keep in close contact with the gods, via having one at her respective shrine. Otherwise, her access pass to Heaven is pretty much fragged.

Reimu's Angel rights, however, are void and she's doomed to be judged at the full extent of Higan Law. This is given credit when one looks back at what Shiki said upon commenting on her afterlife.

In contrast, Sanae has a clear shot of becoming an Angel given how much of a good girl she is.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 02:26:01 AM »
Something about that theory didn't match well with kanako and suwako...can't clearly describe it though, could you can add them to your equation?

Blackraptor

• Furniture
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 04:18:19 AM »
Now for something different! Do Mystia's songs work on the deaf?

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 05:00:13 AM »

WITH TWIN TAILS

You will accept Mugetu and Gengetu and you will like it.

Speaking of the two, I've kinda laid out this whole backstory and everything, but...yeah, that's just my own little world. I do still think that they were banished from Makai because of some incident though (why else would they be the only two demons to live outside of Makai?)

i haf respect for u and ur pc98 fanboy-dom. but dun push it donut...

New characters with new possibilities...basically with repeats of vampires, why not twins? or triplets..

what are lacking actually?
a skeleton...

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 05:28:46 AM »
Something about that theory didn't match well with kanako and suwako...can't clearly describe it though, could you can add them to your equation?
It's probably because I based half of my theory (Heaven in general) off of the realm where gods dwell, which is called the 'High Heaven Plain' or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takamagahara.

Think of it like this: Since Gods are said to roam Takamagahara. Then that means Kanako and Suwako are from (or rather were from) that same place as well at some point in time. Yes, I'm aware of where they're from before they came to Gensokyo, but what about BEFORE even that? Who's to say they weren't in Takamagahara like the rest of the gods were?

i haf respect for u and ur pc98 fanboy-dom. but dun push it donut...

New characters with new possibilities...basically with repeats of vampires, why not twins? or triplets..

what are lacking actually?
a skeleton...
We have enough characters as is, let's focus on what we have for now, and build from there. If we really need new characters they should be something far more original than vampires, at least then I could probably tolerate a few more touhoes getting shoved down my throat.