Author Topic: Youyou Kengeki Musou - Anyone tried this yet?  (Read 9102 times)

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Youyou Kengeki Musou - Anyone tried this yet?
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
It has trailers since the last 2 Comikets and came out on the latest. It's a 3D platformer game starring Youmu. I can say that it's very good, but may require a very good system (something close or better than what DynaMarisa 3D's minimum specs are), although you can lower quality by turning off some graphics like water effects, etc. Controls are ok, but tends to get sloppy, especially against boss battles or jumping from platform to platform. I'm currently at Stage 3 and the boss's spell card is hard.

Anyway, back to the topic title...

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Youyou Kengeki Musou - Anyone tried this yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »
I first heard about this recently. Looks like fun, though I have no idea if my computer (once I get it back anyway) will have enough power to run it right, even with lowered graphics.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
I've beat this game on Easy and Normal. Pretty well made game, although It is a bit laggy, and the platforming sometimes become sloppy.
Hard is a lot harder than Normal. Bosses deal about *2 damage compared to Normal, and have more health.

Does anyone know what the Stage 2 music is?
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
Dunno yet, but I'll try to look for more info. I am downloading the OST atm and will try to hear more of it so I can give an accurate answer.

Protip: Using the rush attack makes you invulnerable to a lot of attacks, useful in avoiding some danmakus.

Also, I noticed that you can level up, and it adds more combo hits, like from a 3 slash combo into a 5 (ending with a downward smash). I believe it is based on your frequency in using your spell card (super attack), works best when you're surrounded with multiple enemies on screen so it would technically deal more damage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:26:42 PM by Darth_Sirov »

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
Actually, it's score-based.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:47:41 AM »
Actually, it's score-based.

Is that so~ (pardon the pun)... do you know what the caps are? I recall 350K as a level up and I think around 700K+ as another, dunno if there are higher levels, but by the looks of my combo after the 2nd level up, and when I got it (last level), it might be the last one.

So I was reading some stuff at the wiki and the 2nd stage music is from the Strange & Bright Nature Deity CD :

05. 夜だから眠れない
        arrangement: Jun.A
        original title: 夜だから眠れない
        source: 東方三月精 ~ Strange and Bright Nature Deity
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:06:54 PM by Darth_Sirov »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
Those numbers match with my experience. And I got the second level-up on the last level, too. I don't know if it can go higher than that.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
I tried playing with Normal twice (my death counts are greatly lowered on my 2nd run) before I noticed the level up caps. I wonder if playing with hard changes anything.

Also, do you find the game somewhat limiting as you can finish it in one sitting? I was hoping some kind of unlockable and stuffs (like extra mode, boss rush) or something. Then again, the game is still good despite these deficiencies.

So I was listening to the OST, and I found an extra track: Sanae's Faith is for the Transient People. Which begs the question: Extra level?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:07:52 PM by Darth_Sirov »

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 02:36:22 AM »
>> try to play for score
>> break chain a few times
>> die to the big frog due to not knowing how to avoid its patterns
>> mfw I see my score die harder

not the game's fault, mine for caring too much about the scoring to the point that I remind myself (constantly) about which direction to go next to not break the chain, and the game stops being fun either way because if I break the chain, I mind about the lost scoring potential and get disappointed. I'm especially bad with memorization.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:34:58 AM »
    05. 夜だから眠れない
        arrangement: Jun.A
        original title: 夜だから眠れない
        source: 東方三月精 ~ Strange and Bright Nature Deity
Thanks!! I've never heard of this song.

Beat Hard mode. I didn't see any kind of extra stage yet, but seems that combos are less likely to break, even if hit.
Reached 2000K but there seems to be no more level ups other than 350K and 700K.
Youmu's spinning attack has a large invincibility frame, so it can be used to avoid all kinds of attacks.
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 06:12:13 AM »
Thanks!! I've never heard of this song.

Beat Hard mode. I didn't see any kind of extra stage yet, but seems that combos are less likely to break, even if hit.
Reached 2000K but there seems to be no more level ups other than 350K and 700K.
Youmu's spinning attack has a large invincibility frame, so it can be used to avoid all kinds of attacks.

It's from one of ZUN's Audio CDs for some of the manga, thus is not in any game. Still wonder if the bonus track of the OST means something.

I enjoy using the rush attack more though, great for catching enemies to continue your combo.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 04:24:47 AM »
It's from one of ZUN's Audio CDs for some of the manga, thus is not in any game. Still wonder if the bonus track of the OST means something.

I enjoy using the rush attack more though, great for catching enemies to continue your combo.

Bumping up. New updates

I was moving around in the forums and saw MrBigz plans to make an english patch, to where I later found out that there was an update somewhere along the line.

And lo and behold, it does include the EX level and with the previous posts, you can already guess who it is.

Anyway, back to main point, anyone has an idea where all the yellow jars are? (I believe I found around 7-8)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »
Yellow jars increase the number of special attacks you can do before needing to recharge. There's about 12 or so in the game.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:34:14 AM »
Yellow jars increase the number of special attacks you can do before needing to recharge. There's about 12 or so in the game.

I failed to mention that I meant on EX level. I already collected/completed those jars in the regular game (3 for each level - 6 stages = 18)

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »
I grabbed it when it came out, but I couldn't run it at more than 5-10fps or so.  Kinda sad because I wanted some lovely Youmu action, but I guess it'll have to wait until I get another PC, whenever that is.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »
I grabbed it when it came out, but I couldn't run it at more than 5-10fps or so.  Kinda sad because I wanted some lovely Youmu action, but I guess it'll have to wait until I get another PC, whenever that is.

Have you tried lowering the graphics, the pop-up that opens when you start the game, check off all the boxes. From 5-10, it will get you to 30 fps (still good enough to play through as it does for me)

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
I had to lower it to min settings and set the res to super low (240x360 or something) to get anything remotely close to a respectable framerate.  I decided to just not bother in the end.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 09:11:01 PM »
How does one unlock EX Stage? I have beaten the game in all three modes before, except EX is locked.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 10:16:20 PM »
How does one unlock EX Stage? I have beaten the game in all three modes before, except EX is locked.

Have you updated the game? There was a patch that came out (as I've mentioned).

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 05:47:23 AM »
Have you updated the game? There was a patch that came out (as I've mentioned).
My bad, I should've made my post more clear (although I mentioned EX is locked). I have updated it to 1.2.0 and can see EX being listed in the menu but not selectable.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
That's weird, mine was opened up when I started the game right after the patch.

The jars in EX
Go straight east on the first junction, where Youmu meets the first 'snake'. The first jar is there.

Second, after Youmu drops way down, go to the far Southeast. The second jar is there.

Third, after crossing the two bridges, traverse through until Youmu meets two mushrooms on a lower ledge
drop further south, climb left, then go down at the junction. There is the third jar.

After the JUMP sign, climb up a step and try to jump on the gray area on the southwest. Go south on the first junction and get the fourth jar.

First checkpoint

After two 'Proceed Onward' messages and on the place where Youmu goes West through a narrow path, leap South and go east to find the fifth jar.

Second checkpoint

Go left through the gears. The sixth one is on the axis with the fast-spinning rod.

The seventh jar is on the gear right north.

Third checkpoint

Go south from the checkpoint then to the east
The eighth jar is on the pole with two platforms

Go through next place.

The final jar is on the far left side of the place with many frogs.

The one you most probably might have missed would be the fourth jar. Hidden very well.

And isn't there only 15 yellow jars in the main story?
I thought last stage doesn't have any yellow jars.
Signature

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »
I was looking at the Scoreboard it seems. The scoreboard button is dimmed and Extra was written in Katakana (I noticed it yesterday :V)

Managed to beat it on Normal mode. I have heard people complaining that EX was difficult to fight (more difficult than Reimu's battle), but from what I've experienced, that wasn't the case. Of course, I'll know as soon as I try hard mode.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
I, on the other hand, do have the actual ex stage unselectable on the main menu (it's there, but greyed out). Note that I haven't beaten the game since updating, or ever on Hard; could either of those have anything to do with it?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:30:06 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
I, on the other hand, do have the actual ex stage unselectable on the main menu (it's there, but greyed out). Note that I haven't beaten the game since updating, or ever on Hard; could either of those have anything to do with it?

I guess you must beat the game at least once in normal or higher difficult.

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
Yes, you must beat the game on a difficulty to unlock EX (3rd option).

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
It was unlocked for me even though I only cleared it on Easy.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »
I have beaten the game, just not since downloading the update. Guess I'll try beating it again.