Author Topic: pikaguy900's Box of Stuff 2 (New Download: Miracle Matter player!)  (Read 17114 times)

Nimono

• wat
EDIT: Miracle Matter player script released! Download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?tjywmmndfd2

EDIT: Remilia spell pack 1 released! Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3wv2gmtnn1

I fail at keeping topics alive. :(

Oh well. Here's a new spellcard to entertain you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jw5ddnnyiv1

It's called 'Scarlet Sisters "Four-Way Sniper"', and for good reason... Remilia sits around the middle of the screen, moving every so often, while firing some lasers and bubble bullets...while FOUR Flandres guard the edges, following your moves according to their positions... So, the left and right ones follow your Y, top and bottom follow your X. They spawn laserBs that they keep locked on you, but eventually, they go crazy and start spinning them, and when they spin quickly, they stop following you, but this is your cue to GET THE HECK AWAY, because a few seconds after they stop, they rush at the position their lasers are facing, i.e., your old position! Stars are flung behind them for added effect. When they hit the edges of the screen, they stick for a second, then jump back to their starting point and it begins anew~!

Oh yeah their lasers also mess me up a bit due to their tips waah waah waah. No seriously, they do. Good luck, you'll need it~

...any suggestions on what I could do to make this spellcard better? I like it as it is, as it's difficult, but I'm not sure...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:25:31 PM by pikaguy900 »

I like it as it is, as it's difficult, but I'm not sure...

Rest assured, it is awesome. But I can sense a few people not liking the difficulty of this, so in before shitstorm.

So, some things to improve upon in a possible Normal Easy mode of this spellcard, have Remilia more towards the top of the screen and less towards the middle. There is little (if any, because your player shots block your view) time to react to the lasers she spawns since you're so close to her, then you have to move around violently to avoid the quartet of Flandre...s. And after all that: assume your suicidal position of looking up Remi's skirt....? Iffy for most Normal -- even Hard mode players.

Other than that, sweet stuff. When are you releasing the whole Remi script? Soon? Not soon?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
it is awesome
not liking the difficulty of this
Somehow, these two go hand in hand.
But not in my case, since I love when a pretty looking spell card makes me spend continues after continues.
HURT ME MOOOOOAR

Nimono

• wat
Thanks for the advice, Naut! As for when I'll be releasing it, when two things happen:

1: When I finally get half the scripts to my liking. The first spellcard is just ugh now that I think back, and although I have a better idea for it, it'll just suffer the same problem my "Reflection of a Fate Broken with Scarlet" spell had: Major lag due to Collision_Obj_Obj. (The idea is basically "shots pour in from the sides and every so often, lasers shoot down, causing bullets engulfed by them to change somehow, thus increasing the difficulty"...) Next, I need to add to the current third spellcard, which is being made into a survival spell and thus be different than the original idea... Uhh... Fourth spellcard is the one I released here, second, fifth, and sixth are fine imo (I love the fifth- Remilia swings the Gungnir around, creating shots aimed at you for two whirls, then holds it up, fires a volley of RED02s, then proceeds to throw it at you, spawning a good few rings of RED01s...all this while an invisible, untouchable enemy spins some blue flames from the Shot Replace Script at you. Oh, said enemy also has a triangle of lasers around it. They, too, spin. Whee!), and the final...probably needs a bit more added to it. Currently, all it is is my interpretation of what the Scarlet Mist would be as an attack, Red Magic, and one of Remilia's EoSD noncards. All this adds up to the name: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. I'd add more to it, but I'm worried about lag... I don't like releasing anything that lags for me, because even though my computer is kinda bad, others may have WORSE computers, you know?

2: When I finally get IDEAS. I only have one noncard right now, and that's because I can't come up with anything good! D: This stuff may be somewhat easy to make, but it's really hard coming up with ideas!

So yeah. That's when you're getting the Remi boss. :( ...uhh. Anyone got any ideas? I'd love some suggestions. :)

Cabblecorento

• I'm a cat!
  • MEOW.
This is a really simple idea, but you can think of more stuff for it.

Basically, remy is in the middle, spewing out red bullets on her four sides (Ex: her IN bomb), which then spew around for you to dodge.

Nimono

• wat
I have a new batch of spells for you to tackle!

http://www.mediafire.com/?m3wv2gmtnn1

This pack contains the following:

Scarlet Sisters "Four-Way Sniper" (Remilia has been placed higher, so you have more room to move around in!)
Devil Sign "Crosserang" (I'm considering tossing this out because the crosses require a good bit of unfocused dodging... And the "blood" lasers... In any case, every time a cross is thrown, get away, it's thrown at you. It then returns to Remilia.)
Burning Card Spiral "Border of Paper and Flame" (I had fun. :D Eat your heart out, Border of Wave and Particle, Paper and Flame will trip you up SO bad...maybe.)
Scarlet Devil "Scarlet Spark" (A ripoff of Master Spark! Somewhat. Giant, rainbow lasers, yes, but they fire at your x position, and from above the screen. Remilia's in the middle, transparent... This is a survival spell! Beware, the final laser at 6 seconds will be ENORMOUS! Stick to the sides!)

Enjoy! Also, let me know your thoughts on these spellcards, ESPECIALLY the last. (I'm worried the bullets spawned from the lasers are too much and would make the spell not very fun at the end.) All but the third are being considered for insertion to the Remilia boss script, considering Border of Paper and Flame is just a bit of fun, not seriously making it for the boss...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Devil Sign "Crosserang" (I'm considering tossing this out because the crosses require a good bit of unfocused dodging... And the "blood" lasers... In any case, every time a cross is thrown, get away, it's thrown at you. It then returns to Remilia.)
I'm feeling massive Castlevania vibes from this one.

Re: pikaguy900's Box of Stuff 2 (New Download: Remi Spellpack!)
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 02:25:49 AM »
Hmmm, these are probably a bit too difficult for general consumtion, so be aware that yif you plan on putting these exact cards into your boss script, be sure to have at least one other difficulty. These are incredibly difficult as is, so I'll give you a few minor pointers since I've not much else to say:

Scarlet spark lasts too long, it gets boring fairly quickly because of the lack of variety in it. Change things around a bit more (horizontal sparks?) or cut down significantly on it's length.

Border of Card and Flame is batshit insane, you've no time whatsoever to react to the cards turning into fireballs as well as be expected to dodge the BLUE02's, so edit this accordingly (even though it is just a bit of fun).

The four way sniper card is fine, though isn't as aesthetically pleasing as it could be.

Aaaaand crosserang is a really cool card, but nigh impossible with the walling lasers. As well, it's kinda boring to look at when it's just basic bullet rings and lasers (all the same colour no less).

Looking forward to playing the whole scrrriiiipt~

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 03:39:19 AM »
Naut: Border of Paper and Flame was a joke, honestly. However, it came from a slower version... Still the same idea, but slower. ...Should I increase the delay of the flames when they spawn?

I did Scarlet Spark for fun, I think I'll scrap it from the Remilia boss now...

I agree on the Crosserang thing with the lasers, but I'm not sure how to make it difficult after taking out the lasers... (Difficulty is VERY important to me, as I'm sick of playing easy things...thus I tend to either go overboard or UNDERboard on the difficulty... That is, to me, things I make are either too easy or too hard. I dislike that.)

Now, I have a HUGE question here: Exactly how am I supposed to make a spellcard "aesthetically pleasing", or, in danmaku terms, "beautiful"? Just different sets of bullets? Or what? That's a big problem point for me, because outside of Danmakufu, there's only a few things I care about... One, that it ("it" being what I play) is fun, two, that it at least doesn't look completely ugly and eye-buring, three, that any sounds in it don't sound absolutely horrible, and four, that's it done the best it could be in its own conditions. Yeah. That's all I really care about. But danmaku is different... Generally, it's a battle of beauty. As Marisa put it, "the most beautiful one wins". So...how in the world are you supposed to make it look awesome like that? ._.

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
I have finally finished my Miracle Matter player script! :D Big thanks to Onthenet for testing this for me. (So if you don't like parts of it, blame HIM for not mentioning that, not ME!  >:D *runs*)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjywmmndfd2

So, here's what you need to know that I couldn't fit in the #Text box:

-Needle is your basic forward power shot.
-Cutter is great for spread, but the lasers hold a great power that only works up-close...you may not get to use it on most bosses. (If you complain about the lasers' power, I just want to say that Onthenet wanted me to make them very strong BECAUSE they only work while shotgunning...)
-Spark is the only form with options, and they also loop the screen, somewhat like ReimuA's do in SA. Somewhat. Each option fires a laser and orbs in opposite directions. (Left option shoots left, you get the idea for right.) Furthermore, each of these orbs will loop the screen! (This is not noticable if you're in the center, as they will loop at the exact same time, giving the look that the orbs bounce off the edges.) To add onto this, because most of the power is in those orbs, and you'll most likely NOT hit with them while moving around, you can stop their movements by focusing! They jump back to you when you unfocus. Advised spot to drop them: Either directly in front of the boss or in the bottom corners so the orbs will hit a wide area at the top.
-Fire shoots both forwards and backwards, and while focusing, you can hold up or down to make the backwards shots come forward or backward, respectively.
-Stone is a fun shot. While unfocused, it shoots forward, left, and right. While focused, if no enemies are around, it shoots those same directions, just a little more focused. However, when enemies are around, the shots begin homing! Also, regardless whether you're focused or unfocused, four large stones will sprout around you every so often, then fly forward. When they spawn, you can hold left or right to make them angle that way instead, and if they hit the sides, they reflect back! Good use of this angling could get you some good damage...

The remaining two forms, Ice and Bomb, are...bombs. (lol Bomb Bomb) Ice spawns 3 crystals at the center that circle outward, return inward, then shoot off in whatever direction they stopped in and fly off-screen. While they're circling, they create small ice trails that shrink and vanish quickly that will do minimal damage, yet also still clear bullets. This Bomb is mostly for clearing out bullets.

Bomb is the real power Bomb here. When they fly away from you, they bounce off all walls for a bit, and when their timers run out, they don't bounce anymore and merely fly off the screen. However, during this time, they also GROW. The bigger they are, the more damage they do! Sadly, the amount of damage you can get off depends on where you are when the Bomb begins, due to the fact that they bounce around the screen... It's really great for clearing out bullets, though.

Whew. Sorry for the walls of text. The controls for switching forms are listed in the description for the player. (Press the user-defined key, defaulted to "C".) So uh...enjoy. I loved making this, and the graphics, too. All 100% custom. ^_^

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 06:27:09 PM »
There's also one more shot "type". Spam C to spray bullets everywhere :V

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
Re: pikaguy900's Box of Stuff 2 (New Download: Miracle Matter player!)
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
Interesting, I shall try the player.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:19:34 PM by Yui Takenaka »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »
Spark pretty much made me confuse my own shots with the enemies. lolz.
Still it's the best form ever.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:47 PM »
I find the Miracle Matter player unique. Good job.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:19:50 PM by Yui Takenaka »

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Spark pretty much made me confuse my own shots with the enemies. lolz.
Still it's the best form ever.
Trust me, I tried to fix that for the orbs, but for some reason, I could only get the shots as they are now with the alpha type set to ALPHA, instead of the usual ADD. (Which wasn't making them fade AT ALL. wth.)

Oh, and the Alpha's set at 2, by the way. Yeah. 2. And they're still not faded enough? fffffff. You're welcome to try other combinations that you think may fix this problem, though. The orbs are shots 6-8. Or did you mean the pellets? Those are shot 9, and I guess I could fade those if they're the problem ones.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. :)

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »
No, they are the orbs. My main problem isn't the fading, but the fact that they completely spam the screen with stuff, pretty much like any enemy script.

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »
Okay then, what's your suggestion for that? I don't want to remove the looping, because that's the whole gimmick, and I don't want to make the range smaller, because then it might be TOO focused for UNfocused fire... I could make them spawn at a slower rate, but then I'd have to make them do more damage to compensate. Your choice.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »
I'm not sure if the issue is that I suck or the shot's flawed, I'd wait for more people to complain about this before staring making some changes.

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 08:32:37 PM »
Oh hey, I need some help real quick.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzvaijy50vi

I need to know if this player script lags most patterns for anyone else.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »
I'm not getting any lag on any patterns using her.

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
Oh hey, I need some help real quick.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nzvaijy50vi

I need to know if this player script lags most patterns for anyone else.
It doesn't even load for me :/

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »
I can't even get it to appear in the player list. Reloading Danmakufu is proving ineffective.

Not like I could help anyway, my computer is too biased for processing and my old one has been trashed.

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 09:03:48 PM »

...remove the line regarding defining shot.wav to be the variable ShotSFX...that might be why. (I ALWAYS forget to remove that!)

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »

...remove the line regarding defining shot.wav to be the variable ShotSFX...that might be why. (I ALWAYS forget to remove that!)
Still wont show :/

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 09:17:51 PM »

Then I know your problem.

Please take the - out of either the folder or file name. :P I had that problem originally, then I realized, "Oh geez! Maybe it's the hyphen!" I took it out, and it showed up. So... Take out the hyphen, I know you have it. :p

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »

Then I know your problem.

Please take the - out of either the folder or file name. :P I had that problem originally, then I realized, "Oh geez! Maybe it's the hyphen!" I took it out, and it showed up. So... Take out the hyphen, I know you have it. :p
Alright now it's fine :V

And I don't seem to get any framerate drops from it.

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »
NOT ENOUGH AMULETS

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »
NOT ENOUGH AMULETS

BUT NAUT, IF I ADD MORE, IT'LL COMPLETELY RUIN MY ALREADY-BAD-IN-PROCESSING-SPEED LAPTOP! :(

...No really, it might. It's already lagging me in my Alice scripts...for some reason. Might be the large amounts of homing amulets.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »
BUT NAUT, IF I ADD MORE, IT'LL COMPLETELY RUIN MY ALREADY-BAD-IN-PROCESSING-SPEED LAPTOP! :(

NOT ENOUGH AMULETS

Also, set their alpha below 255, it's like a massive explosion of colour everytime I shoot. Remember most player shots are slightly transparent so you focus on your enemy's danmaku, not your own.

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »
Also, set their alpha below 255, it's like a massive explosion of colour everytime I shoot. Remember most player shots are slightly transparent so you focus on your enemy's danmaku, not your own.

...I thought I did that. They're supposed to be transparent, but sadly, when you put two transparent bullets on top of each other, they turn bright white...