Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F  (Read 233859 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:01:13 PM by Pesco »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
Dear jesus this game is like... immortal.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:01:49 AM »
What're you going to do once you hit F30, thread-wise?  Go to NG+F1, and so on?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:25 AM »
I doubt it'll reach 20 threads, let alone 30.

Took down Bloody Papa V2, at nearly 100 levels less than what the wiki recommends.  :V

Trickster-kun

• Well, well, well...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
Looking forward to getting back into this for all the 20F+ content once I beat Genius of Sappheiros... it's gonna be FUN.  :V
~Yesterday was all I had. Today is all I have. Tomorrow is all I want.~

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:53:31 AM »
*insert joke about decreased vision range*

Zil

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:33:56 AM »
May as well get in this thread, though I've nothing significant to say.

Brocknoth

• That guy in the corner
  • Why me...
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »
Was wondering what happened to the other topic.

Finally took down Baal Avatar full sp Mastah spark FTW. Of course like I feared the fern sigil guardian is awful. Fight seems to be heavily MND oriented but there's a few composite attacks in there that muck things up. Not sure how to handle it yet. So sick of grinding on 25F.
"I grant you the rights accorded to an enemy of the gods. You will live from now and forever in an endless cycle of rebirth,
condemned in each life to be hated, feared, scorned, punished and obliterated."
- Valkyrie Profile 2

Parallaxal

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
It's weak to fire, and vulnerable to debuffs. Reisen has a field day on that boss. Pretty much every attack it has is MND-based except for Plasma Touch, which has a weak damage formula anyway. Most of its spells are also WND-based. Stack all ailment resistances (due to Magical Hellfire), have a plan for dealing with Strengthen Jutsu, and field mostly high MND characters (I had Iku tank in the 1st slot due to insane MND and high WND resistance).

Zil

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »
I remember that one being the easiest. Just do what Parallaxal said and get to 27th floor as quickly as you can. That's a much better place to grind.

Brocknoth

• That guy in the corner
  • Why me...
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »
Question. At what point do you start getting diminishing returns on SPD and elemental affinity? I know stat protection levels off at 34-36. Anything higher is a waste mathematically. Wasn't SPD somewhere in the early 1000 range? And then I think affinity was somewhere around 5-600 right?

I ask because I'm wondering if I should throw more SKP into elemental affinity for my current party. I mean just about everybody has at least 20-30 lvls in each regardless if they've been used lately or not. I was thinking maybe another 20 lvls in each for my main party would be a good idea but I wanted to know the cut off first before I go too crazy.
"I grant you the rights accorded to an enemy of the gods. You will live from now and forever in an endless cycle of rebirth,
- Valkyrie Profile 2

Zil

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:02:00 AM »
34 is good for total immunity to ailments except Death. I think you want 40 or something to be immune to some death attacks, because their succes rate is over 100% or something.
For elemental affinity, it never stops doing anything, but the higher it is the less useful each new point is. I believe that elemental damage is multiplied by 100/affinity. So 50 gives you twice the damage, 100 takes normal, 200 takes half, 400 takes a quarter, and so on. I ended up bringing mine up to the 500-600 range for the 30F boss, though a few, such as Yuka's nature affintity, were over 700. Of course, I don't know if I was making a good decision or not. And then there's the matter of the particular characters defensive stats. Certainly I think Komachi wants more affinity than others, for example.
For speed I have no idea.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:05:00 AM by Zil »

Brocknoth

• That guy in the corner
  • Why me...
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 03:51:12 AM »
Alright so most of my information was correct thanks Zil.

Finally beat Agastobrauma god I hated that battle. Para thanks a lot for suggesting I take Iku because I never would have thought of it. The battle was still irritating but her being there helped a fair deal. Mystia is pretty damn MVP in that fight too. I brought Reisan along as well but I felt like I was just wasting turns trying to debuff him given how fast the stupid thing is.Magical Hellfire and Jutsu were the real problems. I just turned it into a damage race and tried to bring it down ASAP. And since this game loves to throw incentive my way to keep me playing even when I'm ready to give up the little twit coughed up his drop the Necronomicon. I was pretty happy about that. Threw that pretty little beauty on Marisa post haste.

Finally on 26F and after that boss fight it seems like a walk in the park. The random encounters aren't terribly threatening at all. Then I ran into Eiki... shes no where near as bad as Agasto but it's still not going to be a walk in the park. BTW is something wrong with the sound file for Last Judgement? I don't hear anything when she uses it.
- Valkyrie Profile 2

Zil

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:11 AM »
I just remembered something. I think I kept Agastobrauma paralyzed for the entirety of the fight. Unless he's immune to that, then I'm thinking of something else. Pretty sure it was him though.

Brocknoth

• That guy in the corner
  • Why me...
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 05:15:27 AM »
You're thinking of Flame Tyrant. Agasto has regular resist to PAR so it's not a sound strategy against him.

On a side note I completely forgot that I never killed duel Hibachi. They weren't much of a challenge at Reimu 240ish but I'm not complaining. Slaughtered them and then went on to slaughter Mari 2.0. Her new minion summons surprised me but they went down just as hard as she did. So I've got 2 new party members now, 3 if you count Keine who I grabbed before these two fights. She's a solid character for sure.
- Valkyrie Profile 2

Parallaxal

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 04:04:47 AM »
I really think Keine was designed to be the most "average" character imaginable. Average damage formulas, reasonably decent affinities, straightforward buffs, even her stats feel decidedly "average" aside from good HP. Really a Jack of All Trades type of character. Given how late you get her, I think she was intended to be someone who could fill in whatever role your team lacked, since you can build her to emphasize something you need (although in practice she's just much better at buffing and off-tanking).

Brocknoth

• That guy in the corner
  • Why me...
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
She's a pretty damn good replacement for Ran in that she can fill the same role but for different reasons. Ran is a solid character but she's not much of a tank.

Finally beat Eiki and I'm now down on 27F reaping the benefits of absurdly awesome EXP/SKP. The battle with Eiki isn't really hard at all it's more a luck battle varying on when and IF the AI decides to say F you I win and wipe you out with Bar of the 10 kings. Can't count the number of times I got her down under 3-4 mil and then BAM focus you lose. Finally got lucky enough to drop her under 2 mil so even when focus showed up it didn't matter. 2 shot her at that point. 600k from Flan and 1.3 mill dmg full sp mastah spark from Marisa. Mystic resistance much Eiki? xD
- Valkyrie Profile 2

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Ran is a solid character but she's not much of a tank.
If you think that then you didn't build her defensively :V

Yukari, for example, works wonderfully as a tank if build that way. Then I tried Ran as a tank and realized that every single one of Ran's stats was superior to Yukari's after I skp'd her out and everything. I used a DEF build on them both, by the way; since Yukari already had superb mnd but kept being frail as soon as physicals came out, and was offensively nigh-useless anyway, outside of weird situations.

Ran is also amazing offensively because her composite attack has such low delay and a great formula ontop of her great stats. And when you have the sp for it, spamming her def/mnd buffs can keep your party nigh-permanently at 70~100% buff, which makes a -massive- difference (If you aren't opening ***Winner*** battle with Reimu and/or Yukari def/mndbuff and having Ran on permabuff duty the whole fight to keep it up, you're doing it wrong). Ran is just... amazing. However, I find her usefulness low until her SP rises up, similarly to Aya, whom also skyrockets in greatness with high SP (Aya is chen 2.0 even if the boss resists WND).

I used Keine for awhile and I found her to be a good off-tank and a good alternative for Iku... although not particularly special (If only you got her earlier.). It's also very notable that, due to Keine's much better SPD, Keine can actually be spec'ed out to go before the rest of your team in randoms and buff them up to do much higher damage. It's the one thing Keine actually shines at!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »
When in doubt, build for speed.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »
It's also very notable that, due to Keine's much better SPD, Keine can actually be spec'ed out to go before the rest of your team in randoms and buff them up to do much higher damage. It's the one thing Keine actually shines at!

I remember on one of my previous playthroughs, when I was 27F grinding before Flan could 1HKO everything with Laevatain, I would field Keine and give her as many speed boost as possible, and use an ATK buff when something that Flan can't 1HKO shows up. Worked wonderfully until Flan could 1HKO everything consistently.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »
If you're planning on 30F grinding (aka planning on seriously going after Winner, especially if more then one kill for whatever reason), you should, however, head towards a goal of Iku being able to outspeed Nitori when given a full equipment set of huge speed bonus gear. Regardless of how much you have to neglect Nitori's SPD and pamper Iku's.

Because Yukari/Iku/Kaguya/Nitori is just the best grinding party possible for 30F. You cannot beat it. Nitori's Megawatt is too friggin OP (And Kaguya can even allow you to take on Alice V3)

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:16 AM »
I think I broke Rinnosuke V3.

He started spamming Form Destruction after he switched forms once, which let me kill him ridiculously quickly. I'm fairly sure that isn't supposed to happen.  :wat:

Zil

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 04:59:57 AM »
No that's supposed to happen. There's just something wrong with game. I think only the last form drops his item though. It's the only one I never found. (At least I got six of Yuka's dress things.)

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 05:48:56 AM »
Huh. I guess that makes him easy then.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »
If you deal 5m or more damage to his first form, he'll transform. If you deal 5m or more damage to him after his transformation (or maybe a total of 5m or more over the course of his transformations; I haven't tried it since I always deal 5m+ after his first transformation), he'll spam Form Destruction. During this phase, I think it takes 2m+ damage to beat him, but I just keep Focusing til he reaches his final form which only takes 200k damage to beat. I finally got 2 Awakened Exoskeletons but no Dresses... Now, idk if he drops the item when he's in his Form Destruction spam mode. If he does, it'd make it much easier to get the item. Imo, Rinnosuke's one of the easiest encounters there.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
You don't even need to beat his first elemental form. Once he shifts to another, he spams Form Destruction regardless of how much damage you do.

I'm basing this off one encounter though, so I might be wrong.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 11:48:01 PM »
Well, my assumption was that you do so much damage, and it just carries over to the next form (Eventually going through all his hp and killing him)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 07:50:24 AM »
It would make sense that he needs to be in his final form like Yukari for the drop.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 10:28:34 AM »
I don't plan to exceed 5-7m damage in fear of accidentally beating him before he reaches the final form. As for Yukari, really? Aww, although I did get the item before, I thought I'd get it again if I beat her before she does her second Djinn Storm, or first if I get lucky.

Also, what determines the girl that appears on the save screen? Is it most used girl? At first I thought it was based on the number of kills since it showed Flan previously, but now it's Yukari. And my Yukari's built for defense, she can barely kill anything.

Zil

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
It's most used, yes. To be more precise, the one with the most battle points. Mine was Patchy for a very long time, before it was "frozen" as Cirno for the rest of game. :P