Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F  (Read 233940 times)

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Well that makes sense. Mine's been Reimu throughout the main game and most of the post game, then switched to Flan and now it's Yukari.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
Mine always ends up being Mystia. NO EXCEPTIONS.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
I don't know about Rinnosuke, but I'm almost positive that I once managed to get a drop from Yukari v3 without her reaching her final form.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Pretty sure I've gotten Rinnosuke's drop without him in his final form.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
After I heard what decides the picture on your save, mines is Youmu and it will always stay Youmu. I make sure of it.

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »
My save pic usually ends up being Meiling unless I happen to constantly use a character that requires alot of battle points for event triggers but not sure if I use anyone like that in my last save. 

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 07:49:05 AM »
Mine used to be a tie between Remi and Nitori.  As I got further it became Nitori only.  Megawatt Linear Gun is too hax to pass up.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 02:46:27 AM »
Mine usually ends up being Flan at some point and then stops moving. She's a godsend in grinding.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »
I've confirmed that you can get the Immortal School Badge before Yukari's first Djinn Storm. Not yet with Rinnosuke though.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
you don't need to wait until he's in his last form. I have never waited for him to reach his last form, but got the item 7x or so. there's not really anything you need to fulfill in order to get the items aside from beating everything on F30. the drop-chances are just very very low. I think the highest was tenshi's drop with 6% and that's nothing.

and I personally beg to differ. yukari/iku/kaguya/notori is NOT the best way to farm items.

I started using youmu as a tank, instead of komachi, considering that my youmu has enough hitpoints to even soak last judgement of eiki version 2 (which is 276k or something, on average). and for komachi I brought Flan in my team and my sweeping party are just 4 nukers. Youmu, Eiki, Nitori and Flandre can pretty much kill everything on the floor without anyone needing a 2nd turn. and least for me. having raised everyone's affinities and ATK (for Flan MAG, too, 'cause laevantein is composite), I don't need to be scared of a wipeout.
it was, however, useful to manipulate items, so that Flandre's the slowest, that way I can use laevantein safely. after everyone used their high delay nukes, the 5% eiki loses don't matter. not to mention that laevantein is the strongest attack in the game if you do it right (against anything that doesn't heavily resists FIR, anyway)

I didn't dare fighting WINNER yet, but I think I ought I will try him in a bit. I should be able to defeat him.

I am sorry to say this, but I honestly think that yuugi lacks a little later on. despite me having used all of her level-bonuses on ATK and having pumped her ATK stat till 400, she's still doing 500k-1 million damage less than Youmu, who's the weakest of the aformentioned 4 (damage-wise, that is). Yuugi is only doing more damage on opponents weak to FIR. Youmu's doing 4 million against everything except hibachi twin #1 :'D and I believe that yuugi's getting too much credit for her damage. I thoroughly compared the big nukers (on physical side, that is) and feel the urge to tell people to not overrate yuugi, I think that everyone with a rteal big nuke is better, like suwako. I stopped using her and started to use mystia for mysterious song.

Zil

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
Yeah I agree about Yuugi being kinda lame. (I ditched her almost immediately.) Just a semi-decent fire nuke, but there are tons of those. Not to mention she's not really a proper tank since magic kills her pretty quick. I'm not too fond of Youmu either for basically the same reason.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
youmu might be easily torn apart my magic, but Youmu's got a non-elemental nuke, which is usually an advantage opposed to elemental nukes suck as knockout in three steps. best example is against the serpent of chaos: youmu and eiki could stay outside for the whole fight (youmu didn't get damaged by anything physical, and eiki fared against the magic well), because they could attack with their non-elemental spells until their SP would run out (they didn't, though), while yuugi only had a small window of doing damage. a huge backdraw, in my opinion and I found even kaguya to be more useful thanks to buddha's stone bowl.

I don't mind yuugi's low MND that much, since well, every character's got weaknesses. patchy is pathetic in terms of HP, speed and DEF, but is still regarded as an awesome character (on which I do not disagree). so the same for yuugi and youmu with their MND. I can just wring out more damage out of her than I can out of youmu (+ I am very biased, because youmu's like my 2nd favorite character in touhou, lol)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »
I personally think my strategy probably starts working at lower levels then yours, is the thing (Having Iku switch Yukari for Aya and then Yukari out again to get another round of attacks if it doesn't quite work out; and, the fact that Nitori has Iku's attack buff for her ridiculously powerful Megawatt makes a huge difference in sheer numbers. A huge one. 3 Megawatts from a buffed Nitori and one Kaggy attack>>>> 4 unbuffed nukers); but I don't remember if I started farming 30F around Reimu lv380 or 420 or what. It was a long time ago x_x

I mean, after you get strong enough, you can use most strong nukers and it works fine :V The difference is how low of a level it becomes 30F-viable.

Also, about your Yuugi; I actually thought Yuugi got a lot BETTER later on. Now, she already has HP/DEF comparable to Meiling (I don't remember if they were better or not), but she had the low MND thing. However... that late in the game, you can boost her affinites up a lot (Especially if you get Hibachi V2's drop) and then she becomes an incredible tank who even takes magic very well. When you're at 30F grinding point, you can basically have affinities completely make up for anyone with low MND that you want to be tankier. Yeah, she'll do a little lower damage then other nukers, but she'll have incredible durability!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:49:36 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
I personally think my strategy probably starts working at lower levels then yours, is the thing (Having Iku switch Yukari for Aya and then Yukari out again to get another round of attacks if it doesn't quite work out; and, the fact that Nitori has Iku's attack buff for her ridiculously powerful Megawatt makes a huge difference in sheer numbers. A huge one. 3 Megawatts from a buffed Nitori and one Kaggy attack>>>> 4 unbuffed nukers); but I don't remember if I started farming 30F around Reimu lv380 or 420 or what. It was a long time ago x_x

I mean, after you get strong enough, you can use most strong nukers and it works fine :V The difference is how low of a level it becomes 30F-viable.

Also, about your Yuugi; I actually thought Yuugi got a lot BETTER later on. Now, she already has HP/DEF comparable to Meiling (I don't remember if they were better or not), but she had the low MND thing. However... that late in the game, you can boost her affinites up a lot (Especially if you get Hibachi V2's drop) and then she becomes an incredible tank who even takes magic very well. When you're at 30F grinding point, you can basically have affinities completely make up for anyone with low MND that you want to be tankier. Yeah, she'll do a little lower damage then other nukers, but she'll have incredible durability!

when I STARTED, I just went all out on everything. I took every encounter serious like I'd do with any bossfight. tank in the first slot, durable character in 2nd, support, healer and nuker in 3rd and 4th. I didn't want to spend long on that floor in 1 session, I wanted to beat the enemies there, so I did that. and I thin kthat trying to stay on that floor for a long time without returning to gensokyo proves difficult and will result in rage once you encounter Chen, since I found myself often half dead after meeting her early on (since she's got a speed of 11k or so, so she WILL outrun anyone who just started on F30). I personally believe her to be (ironically) the most dangerous encounter on F30, together with yuugi and okuu. Yuugi just have a 2 million damage attack with knockout on F30 and Okuu is just being okuu.

I am not denying that a buffed megawatt deals massive damage. I know nitoris capabilities very well - using her myself, after all. but it might be true that at lower levels, doing what I am doing is...just a little too much. I am mostly farming for items, instead of levels, too. since I missed out my chance for maschine god lucifer (the one I have before winner), I wanted to at least get enough exoskeletons, dresses, psycho guns and school badges.

well, you could say the same about youmu. I believe if you can compare someone to yuugi, it's youmu, rather than suika, 'cause suika displays a more the side of an attacker that yuugi is missing. the MND aspect (and whatnot). their HP and DEF growth are (if I recall correctly, and even if not, youmu still gets 0 dmg from anthing physical I have met, even from hibachi #1's needle parade) comparable. though, only komachi should outdo meiling in terms of HP.
yes, later in the same you can do that, but non elemental attacks will still rip through them. and that's fine. I don't need a character immune to every type of attack, that would take away part of the challenge. and I personally am not too fond of hibachi V2 drop. all it does is raising the affinities a lot and in that case, I'd rather have an exoskeletion that raises everything, affinities too (even though to a much lesser extend) and spend some more skillpoints of affinites.

and that little damage is the point ! my youmu can do what your yuugi can do + more damage. I found myself to be thinking about it a lot and determined that yuugi was really not up to my standards because of her lower damage. I think youmu's more reliable there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
There is actually very few magical non-elemental attacks in Touhou Labyrinth, especially once you hit 30F farming, where basically Serpent of Chaos/Hibachi V2/Winner are the only things that matter in terms of surviving against them. Winner has none to speak of; I think he might have one, but if he does it ignores MND entirely, so it doesn't matter who it hits anyway, it's entirely undefendable.

So, yeah, affinities basically can replace MND that far in for whoever you like. This means anyone with good DEF/HP can be tanky and anyone at all can go in the 4th slot without worry, if you so desire to build them up for it.

And Yuugi actually has a LOT more DEF (and more MND, although both have abysmal anyway) then Youmu (And more then Meiling, although yeah, Meiling has some more HP). Youmu does still have almost as much as Meiling though, so the same strategy still basically applies. I actually replaced my Meiling with Yuugi and it worked so well that I sorta felt bad.

So basically, Youmu gets more damage, while Yuugi has more DEF (Only really important if you want to replace Meiling with her, which I consider a great idea that far in)

When I first saw Hibachi V2's drop I wasn't too interested. But far, far by the time I actually got it, I realized it was amazing due to affinity becoming a MND replacement for those with low MND growth. Besides, it's not as if you have Exoskeletons to just throw around (Then I'd probably use those instead, but no, those are in very small supply).

Also; you're close to being ready for Winner, right? Just in case you weren't already planning on it, the best way to open the battle is with Yukari and/or Reimu buffing the first four up to 100ish DEF/MND and then sit Ran in your front four for... pretty much the entire duration of the battle spamming her DEF/MND buff to keep your front 4 constantly at 70~100% buffs. It makes a huge difference. It really does. And Ran should be able to sustain this action for the whole battle (If not, get an SP bonus equip or two on her; the better ones give a giant boost this far in, as SP doesn't get a bonus % per level as the other stats do, if I remember right). And this opinion is coming from someone who never really used Ran's buffs over Reimu/Yukari/Iku/Keine's. It's just... Ran is actually quite tanky if you build her for it, and once she has the SP to pull that sort of strategy off, you basically have 20%+ more DEF/MND at ALL TIMES which is a -massive- change.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:58:31 PM by Serela »

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 10:55:24 PM »
yeah, the dedicated tank character kind of get thrown aback by the high HP/DEF ones in the end :s

when I noticed that affinities mostly replaced MND, I went ahead and used my skillpoints for them. I didn't think that I'd be raising my ATK / MAG for my nukers anymore anyway (I still did, but that's an entirely different story). it took a lot of time, but it paid off. now even Flandre has 600+ on 2 of her affinites that aren't fire. and 500+ for the other 3. But I don't think anything beats my reimu in that. I build her so that he doesn't require switching out, ever, if I use her in a boss battle. 2nd highest speed of anyone (2nd only to aya) and MND/DEF high enough to not receive more than 10% damage of her health. with affinities of 800-900. just in case, for the winner. I don't plan on switching her out in that fight. as for the exoskeletons: I have a lot of them, just as I have badges and dresses, as I said before. I don't think there's a character in my team that doesn't have at least 2 of thos items. but I have to admit that I have more dresses than anything else, really.

well, I don't use yukari, but I think using Reimu's first turn to buff defenses isn't silly, as long as she is faster than WINNER. but rather than planning to go for defenses, I was thinking about raising my attack power. 100 million is a lot to take down and with 4.5 million steps, it'll take forever, knowing that he can heal himself. so I was thinking of raising MAG and ATK to 100 with ran, instead if relying on defenses too much. if I can deal8-9 million with a gun or one last judgement, I can take him down quickly, no?
I will not ignoring any defenses, of course, but it seems to me that prolonging this fight will just make it tedious.
my ran should be able to take everything winner throws at her, since I did build her as a MND tank, similar to how I'd have raised a yukari, as well as Reimu can.

Ran is a useful character, indeed, but here, too, I think she's slightly overrated and if you rely on her too much, it could end bad if you lose her through some unfortunate accident, which is what I am trying to prevent: I don't want to rely on anyone buffing me or something, so that I don't end up helpless when she dies. the only exception is reimu, because I didn't feel like getting more than one healer, which is also the reason why she's build like 3 tanks and aya. lots of defenses, massive affinies and high speed, slightly higher HP than usual, too. she's almost a god...if just her furmulas weren't such a lackluster, lol.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 11:03:37 PM »
If you can do that much damage to Winner in one hit and have accrued all those items, I'm amazed you haven't steamrolled him yet. O_O

But anyway, I always have Iku out to handle all my ATK/MAG buffing needs, along with switches. It's not a sort of buff that really needs Ran's all-targetting low number buffs anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:05:37 PM by Serela »

Zil

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 01:47:11 AM »
It's weird to not use Yukari...

And if you try to do this battle without maintaining defensive buffs you'll get your ass kicked. Unless of course you're just way overleveled. But I'd certainly open with defensive spells. The fact that he heals himself is precisely why you don't want to try to win through sheer offense. It takes so long to kill him that you really need to be able to last indefinitely. Also I believe he's got a single target "you die" spell, so keeping Reimu out at all times might be a bad idea.
But if you can do a 10th of his health in one hit then really you should just go kill him now.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 02:54:20 AM »
I was firing Megawatt Linear Gun for about 4 million damage after Thundercloud Stickleback buff when I fought ***WINNER***, and I did nothing but build Nitori's ATK the entire game. If you're doing more than that, I think you'll be fine.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »
I admit: I like iku's buff more than ran's. but I told myself I'd keep the current party until I beat him (which I have done now, more to that in a bit). I already did new game+ for the main game twice and I'm on my third run (now I have every character covered up), and I know how efficient iku is, but better than the one time world shaking military rule or ran. I don't think there is anyone who could really give iku a run for her money when it comes to offensive buffing...if you have PAR resistant gear, at least

I don't think it's weird to not use yukari. I found her to be somewhat subpar in terms of survivability, in which Ran is a lot more efficient, at least defense wise...plus, she#s faster too. I know that spiriting away can pull off some insane moves, but I never got the timing down to do so, so I ditched her right before beating the main game.

to the battle itself: it was longer than I expected, as the winner used his weak healing spell 3x and the stronger one 1x, making itaround 50 (?) million more damage I had to deal.

unsurprinsingly, Reimu survived and didn't get much damage at all. Sure, I lost Flandre and nitori because I miscounted his HP and laevantein screwed those 2, but hey, everyone else survived. and while I did bother to set up defenses in the beginning (sed ran to get everyone till 100&), I didn't refresh them. Youmu did as expected: taking some more damage from the magic, but basically nothing from physical attacks, aside from the piercing ones. Reimu provided healing and stood up to WINNER pretty well, not receiving any severe damage even once. she's a better tank than youmu or komachi :V
as for offense: I made sure to buff everyone till 100%, fire some nukes at safe times and swap Ran back in for more offensive buff. she could take the hits well, since I build her defensively.

I didn't do quite as uch damage with 180% as I expected, the difference was slim, though. instead of 8-9 million, I ranged from 7.5 million to 8.3 million or so (with youmu, eiki, nitori and Flan, at least). yuka's master spark seemed disappointing, as she barely scratched 6.5 milion and the buff on aya...well, she has 15k speed, the buff wore off before I would realize.

I think I spent too much time looking for items, because it felt somewhat easy, opposed to what I expected. yes, he was strong, but he could barely scratch my characters when he used a magic spell on the MND strong ones and physical attacks for the DEF strong ones. I might for for another couple of fight. just to get the regalia and having a proper challenge.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
the buff on aya...well, she has 15k speed, the buff wore off before I would realize.
Aya deals AMAZING damage (She's like Chen is during the main game, except BETTER), but you have to have Iku or Keine out keeping her ATK buff up or she'll lose it all while spamming Peerless Wind God at permanent 100% speed boost.

And yeah, sounds like you spent a loooot more time grinding(Item Hunting, same thing :V) then you needed to. And I can tell you from experience; after several more wins against him he won't really be any harder, not yet. I stopped fighting him because I could beat the fight without even using Switch, and it was just boring and tedious.

Sakurei

• Banned
    • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
yep. aya'S amazing for different reasons than nitori is. Aya still managed a million damage per hit, but she isn't really durable, but even when the winner had only half of his gauge, a 100% speed buffed aya with 15k speed is just so fast that I could easily attack 7-8 times, before he got another turn. so it was like shooting a full-buffed megawatt

I very likely did, indeed, but it made a difficult battle turn pretty easy, so I suppose I don't mind too much? I will see what happens after 10 wins and if he's notnotably stronge rby then, I will just stop. with a rising percentage, I should get the item then, anyway. but I'll do that just occasionally and concentrate on my current playthrough, in which I am using the remaining characters (and some for the 2nd time). the main game shouldn't pose a problem, I suppose.

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »
OK so does anyone know a good way to grind easier? I'm on floor 30 and I already beat all of the V.2 bloodstained bosses.

Zil

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:20 AM »
Grind on the 27th floor. 29th floor gives slightly better exp, but those naked women on floor 27 give an absurd amount of skillpoints (for god knows what reason). If you can kill the stuff on 30th floor quickly then grind there.

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
Does anyone know what to do with the cheat table for special disk? When I download it I get an index.PHP. What do I do now?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
The link in the OP goes to an old post with the download. I don't know why it would give you what you got.

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
The link in the OP goes to an old post with the download. I don't know why it would give you what you got.
Do you have an alternate download link?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 11:12:21 PM »
Direct link

Load it in Cheat Engine and it should work. Bear in mind it may not have the right addresses if your OS isn't XP.

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »
Direct link

Load it in Cheat Engine and it should work. Bear in mind it may not have the right addresses if your OS isn't XP.
I can go to the thread but, when I click on the download link I get an Index.PHP.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
Re-attached. If you still can't get it, maybe you need 10 posts before the forum will let you.