Author Topic: StB IL speedrunning compilation video  (Read 2486 times)

StB IL speedrunning compilation video
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
Hey everyone,

So it seems the responsibility to continue this project was passed to me. As sub 38 minutes has been reached and competition seems to have vaned, I went ahead and recorded everything and made encodings for the different quality setting for the SDA submission.

I know there was some expressed interest for a similar video to the DSDQ that IHNN made for the other speedrunning project. I want to ask if there is still any interest in a video like that from you guys. I'll take suggestions on music or something else here.

Thanks for your time.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: StB IL speedrunning compilation video
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »
You seem to be able to get much higher quality recordings than I can...mind handling (re)recording for the DS stuff? (since I had constant internet issues so I couldn't set up a torrent, and then the improvements happened and all that stuff).  Heck you could even handle the whole submission process, I could just send a message mentioning that the submitter is different and everything could (probably) be worked out through a private message thread on SDA, if that works.

As for music, just go with whatever sounds coolest, there's loads of good stuff on youtube that can be found easily.

Oh obviously there's interest from me in seeing this video.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:09:19 PM »
Sure, I can record all the DS levels, will take a while to gather all the replays, but it's not a problem. We can discuss this further on PM's on SDA I guess.

Well, I'll start putting the compilation together then.

Immortal Momiji!

chum

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
It's a shame we weren't very helpful to this project, but it seems you've just about nailed all the scenes on your own. Great work  :]

I'll make sure to verify these runs on SDA.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 06:12:17 PM »
Yeah it's a shame, with more people working on this the final result would have been much greater. Optimization is bound to take a hit when my attention is spread over 80 scenes. But hopefully there will be a Double Spoiler Done Quicker in the future and you can all redeem yourselves  :V

I'm exporting the StBDQ video is right now, if no issues arise you can expect it on youtube within a day. Then you can laugh at all my spelling mistakes and stuff  :V
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:09:26 PM by Namusan »

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
You can apply to verify the speedrun @ SDA now, if anyone is interested. To help verify you'll need to look through the individual level videos and look see if the gameplay, video and audio quality is good. I'll most likely post the entire replay folder too when the verification starts so that you can look at the replays if you so wish.

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/runs_needing_verification_54_new_runs_dec._17_2012_.html

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
I think there's less competition because DS was done over the summer.