Author Topic: Satori Quest - Day in the Life  (Read 167446 times)

Nekomata-chan

Satori Quest - Day in the Life
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
>You are Satori Komeiji.
>You wake up early in the morning, way before everybody else, but you don't know why.

Continue.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Satori Quest - Day in the Life
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
>Look around.

I'll let someone else do the obligatory stuff~

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
>You are in the bedroom, minimalistic but quaintly furbished, and through the crack in the door you see shadows bustling about. Who could be up at this time apart from you?

>...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
>See if we can hear voices.
>...What? That's not like us at all! See if we can pick up on someone's thoughts instead.

master105

• Don't worry, Crest Worms... I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • I can prove your not here.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
> uhg. this is going to be a long day.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 08:06:46 PM »
> Check chest for usual growths.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »
>Wait...up at this time? Check digital clock.
>are we lying in bed? and is there enough light to see?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:12 PM »
>You hear no voices
>There are several thoughts, but most of them are those of the dreams of others.

>It probably will be a long day, you think to yourself.

>You pat your chest, not overly sure why you do so, but you smile as you realise there was no loss or extreme growth.

>You think why you are up at this time. You guess it is about 5am or 6am.

>You are lying in bed, and there is just enough light to see.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »
>Inventory.
>Relationships.

>Exit the room. Take our time in doing so.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
>Inventory: Just your nightie and nothing else, except for the heart strings all twirling around you.
>Relationships: Koishi's sister, obviously, and Orin and Utsuho are your pets. You cannot hear their voices.

>You hear an unrecognised voice, one that makes your hair stand on edge, who is it?!

>As you exit the room, you see a silhouette in the main room, standing over something and staring at you in the vague light. You cannot make out who it is... should you turn on the light and find out?

>...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »
>Does this voice ring any bells?
>Can we not hear any of their thoughts?
>Don't make any sudden movements. Did they notice us?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
>The voice... it rings distant bells. The more you think, the more you realise you DO know it.
>Their thoughts... their vague and hasty.. as if they don't want to be caught. You raise an eyebrow at their near panic, but underneath that layer you realise it's a facade. You detect their true thoughts. They have diabolical intentions, and you need to make sure those go unfulfilled.
>You stay deathly still, and they're rustling around in the one drawer nobody goes in, you can tell from the old creaking of wood. The drawer full of spellcards belonging to Koishi and yourself, and a few of Okuu's and Orin's. What do they want with your spellcards?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »
>Whoever this is, they've got guts.
>If they really are near our spellcards, confrontation wouldn't be the wisest thing to do. Hmm, what to do?
>Keep thinking about that voice. See if we can figure out who it is.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:28:48 PM »
>Are they still speaking?
>Can we make out what they are saying?

master105

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 01:58:30 AM »
>....did it say Ze at any point?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:28:46 AM »
>Clearly the solution is to read its mind with no regard for its privacy or feelings, then broadcast anything we find of interest to anyone who asks. In fact, we could probably start a business doing this!
>Naw. Let's just play Neopets turn on the light.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »
>Yes, you realise that guts are probably 80% of this person's motivation.
>You ponder an idea of what to do, your hand hovering by the low, almost dead flame of the candle.
>That voice, you think about it so hard even your morning-dead brain begins to reel with ideas.

>They begin speaking, to a seemingly unknown source.
>You cannot make out what they are saying, as it is in a whisper.

>You could've sworn you heard a "ze" somewhere.

>You read their mind, picking up the following words: "If I find those spellcards she ripped from people, I could combine it with my-"
>The light suddenly turns on. You curse your hands having a mind of their own... the flare of the light blinds you for a second, yet you get a glimpse of the person before they dive behind a cupboard. You DO recognise her! It's that blonde-haired magician that came down recently, because of the geyser that sprung up on the surface. You can't think of her name, but you know it at least has the initals M-K. M-K... you think for a while...

>...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
>You will stop what you are doing if you know what's good for you".
>Whip up some of that intimidating pattern danmaku. Not anything too reckless, of course. We wouldn't want to damage something of worth.

master105

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »
>"and more importly why are you back down here, invading my house?"

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
>As you speak, Marisa peeks around the cupboard with a slight tremble. "Well... I just wanted some spellcards of other people, da ze... thought you'd be the best person to come to and stuff..." she murmurs.

>You pick up a random spellcard of the floor, and smile as you realise how simple yet intricate it is. You walk towards Marisa, picking her up and dragging her out. You wouldn't want to damage the inside of your house with this kind of disaster. Lifting the spellcard and calling the incantation, you smile as "Recollection: Pandemonium" appears and falls towards Marisa. She gets hit several times, and had left her mini-hakkero inside. There is no reason for escape.

>You shout through the blinding brightness, and she looks at you as she side-flies around the bullets with a panicked face. "I TOLD YOU, YOU WERE THE BEST PERSON TO COME TO FOR SPELLCARDS, DA ZE-YAAAH!!" That last -yaah- was conjured as a bullet hit her square in the face. She falls to the floor, defeated.

>You look at her, wondering... should you finish her off here? Many people will be after you if you do... Should you let her go? Maybe she's initiate an army to come and defeat you... you assess your options carefully...

>...

master105

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »
>as much as we should, we shouldnt.

>walk up pick Marisa up and drag her back into the house.

>put her in a chair and tire her to it.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 07:36:13 PM »
> You sigh as you reach a conclusion.

> The spellcard dissipates into the air, and you walk to drag the knocked out magician into the house.

> You prop her up on a chair and tie her to it, just as she comes to. What should you do next?

>...

master105

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
>"So just so were clear. you came her to take some of my spellcard. correct?"

> if so "then you should be thankfull I stopped you."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:53:20 PM by master105 »

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »
>Marisa replies with "Yeah, got a problem, da-ze?" You think that, for someone recently unconscious, she is quite fiery.

>Marisa frowns and looks away "I'd've returned them all in time, 'nd all, like anyone would do and stuff, da-ze." You know she wouldn't have. Should you maybe make a deal with her..?

master105

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 08:16:13 PM »
>"you dont seem got get it do you? By stoping you I've just saved you."

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
>You see this as an opportunity to mess with her. As you speak, she seems exceedingly confused. "The hell do you mean, da-ze? Wait... you don't mean that one of your messed-up pets is gonna go all crazy on me now, are they, da-ze?! Not that freaking kasha girl or that fiery raven chick!! I still got scars from the spellcards o' those two! Ugh..." As she begins to increasingly hurl insults at you about your own pets, you feel your own anger rising. You watch her struggling against the ties holding her to chair, your temper ever tempting you just to grab that chair and drag it into the core of the Former Hell of Blazing Fires. But, you know you shouldn't.

master105

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »
>stay calm.

>"if you had succeeded in takeing the spell card you were after, the moment you used it in battle, you and possibly your opponent would have been reduced to a state of such mental unstablity, that it would be amazing if you could form and keep a coherent thought long enough for you to acualy speak in a complete sentence."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:41:22 PM by master105 »

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 05:06:45 AM »
"Even Koishi would find the shock of third eye senses a shock. You.."
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 03:19:55 PM »
>You breath, counting to 10 in your head before re-addressing the situation.
>As you speak, you see Marisa's rather irate face twist into a mixture of panic and confusion. You carry on talking, and she begins to hop backwards away from you on the chair.

>Marisa gulps and dares to speak "You wouldn't happen to have any kind'a memory-wipe thingies? You know, blast me wi' one and send me outta here, da-ze. Never had to tell anyone about it, would we, da-ze?" You contemplate the idea...

>...

master105

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
>shake head
> "If I did that you would have no memory of this conversation. Thus there would he nothing to keep you from trying to steel them again. and we would be right back here."

>"I've got a better Idea. Starting at six this morning, you will help out around here for exactly one day."