Author Topic: Megaman Battle Network  (Read 8142 times)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
Megaman Battle Network
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
It seems there's a few people on the board that like to play, so~

Here's a place to discuss it.

What sorts of folder do you like, what viruses or Navis do you enjoy/loathe fighting, what's your best NaviCust work -- talk about whatever.

I'll open it up with the topic of discussion that sparked it:

What's your favorite style of folder? Does it rely on a specific chip, chip type, Attribute? Let's hear 'em!
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Herasy

Re: Megaman Battle Network
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »
I played through all of these in my younger years, but I have completely lost interest in them now, so much so that I have forgotten alot of the things I liked about the games. The new DS Megaman just isn't the same.

Zbo

• Seeker of truth
  • A guy.
    • Monkey's Forest... lulz
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »
Ah. I still love Megaman franchise till this day. I've played every Megaman game there is, except for Legend 2, Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up. :V I also have all the Megaman manga by Shigeto Ikehara (in poorly translated Malaysian language) and some X series manga by Iwamoto Yoshihiro (also in Malay language).

As for battle network, I usually just customize my folder with strongest battle chip available. I never really use any sort of strategy, crush them all with brute force is all I do. And I enjoyed fighting that bug-like virus with aura on them (forgot its name), They're pretty cool.

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
I've played the battle network series quite long ago, and I'm enjoying the Star Force DS games now.

Although one strategy has remained throughout the times I've played all these games: paralysis attribute cards.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:33 PM »
As for battle network, I usually just customize my folder with strongest battle chip available. I never really use any sort of strategy, crush them all with brute force is all I do. And I enjoyed fighting that bug-like virus with aura on them (forgot its name), They're pretty cool.

They're called Scuttlest (Scutz, Scuttle, Scuttler, Scutzer, Scuttlest, etc.) and I think they're adorable. Even if they're a pain in the ass in MMBN3 and you're going through the Secret Area (though the Shadows are arguably more of a pain, considering you NEED Sword Chips to hurt them).

I've played the battle network series quite long ago, and I'm enjoying the Star Force DS games now.

Leo, Dragon, or Pegasus? I've got Leo, my friend's got Pegasus, and I laugh at his pain with Crown Thunder (even IF I have similar woes -- HOLD STILL DAMMIT).

Although one strategy has remained throughout the times I've played all these games: paralysis attribute cards.

Yeah, paralysis is a good thing. However, in MMBN at least, I couldn't help but notice that using Confusion on a Navi will root it in place (hence why Flashman, once you've mastered a GroundStyle, is a laugh and a half -- GrassStage program + boatload of Spice = FUN and PROFIT).

Anybody have a least-favorite Navi to fight? For me, it's either MistMan, KingMan, or BubbleMan. Mist because of his LOLPoison, King because of his Pawnage, and Bubble because he's such a wuss that you need to have less than 10% of your max. HP to have at his Beta form (and his spam doesn't help matters any.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »
I'd have to say BubbleMan, though Alpha takes a close second.  I haet those damn bubbles.  They're even worse than NumberMan's balls, for god's sakes.

For 3 and 4, all I did for folder customization was high-damage folders.  For 5 and 6, however, I got tired of just picking off 50 damage at a time with a MAX Charge Buster while I was waiting for the Custom Gauge to fill up.  So I went for an easy out - a folder consisting of As and *s. (Or Ss and *s, but it's pretty much the same).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
well i only have the 5th one... beat it quiet fast... but some of the puzzles are unfair...

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
Beastman

Oh, gods, yeah. I hate BeastMan, my friend who more recently got MMBN3 hates BeastMan (and has yet to fight him the second time, in the UnderNet . . . and was less than thrilled when I spoiled the fact that you fight the fiend again) . . .

But, hilariously enough, FlashMan's chip breaks him. That's right, if you go out of your way to get FlashMan's chip, it will break the fiend in HALF (for those who haven't played [or have played but don't have the chip yet] -- it basically activates, time-stops like all NaviChips, and then hits EVERYTHING ON THE SCREEN with a medium-strength Elec attack -- and back then, all Elec attacks PARALYZE).

Actually, for the first four chapters, each WWW Navi's Chip breaks the next WWW Navi you fight. (FlashMan halts BeastMan, BeastMan reaches the back column to raep BubbleMan, BubbleMan stuns DesertMan; the cycle, however, is broken by DesertMan not doing too much to PlantMan, and FlameMan going right after.)

Zbo

• Seeker of truth
  • A guy.
    • Monkey's Forest... lulz
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »
I hate Gateman.

Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. - Friedrich Nietzsche

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
I hate Gateman.

I see your Gateman and raise you Footman*. Seriously, the thing is a PAIN in the ASS to fight -- the footballs BOUNCE, he has doppelgangers, and above all HE HITS LIKE A TRUCK and has this annoying move where he tries to make a touchdown and if he does he does a Victory Blow-Up-Your-Field. Seriously. It doesn't help that he moves second only to QuickMan and BeastMan.

Speaking of the snarling mongrel, Star Force does its level best to carry on his legacy with Wolf Woods. The nightmare fights you on a gimmick field, to boot. He summons wolves that bounce around towards your row (what was once a column in EXE is now a row), and he goes up close to romance your HP with his Sword- and WideSwrd-ranged claws . . . plus, the field gimmick just happens to be that there's a moon and two clouds in the BACKGROUND. Guess what happens when the clouds part . . . ?

HE TURNS RED AND GETS EVEN FASTER AND DEADLIER THAN HE ALREADY IS. Thank god it only lasts for a short while (and thank god that I happen to have Leo version**, wherein the LeoKingdom chips break him like a cheap toothpick).

EDITS...
* Fun fact: Both GateMan and FootMan are fan-made NetNavis, sent in for contests. As such, both are operated by Meijin/Famous.
** It just so happens to be the case that Wolf Woods is a Wood-type enemy, making him weak to Fire . . . and Leo Kingdom is a Fire boss (post-game, and equatable to Forte GS in sheer ARGH factor). It doesn't help Woodsy any that the Giga Chip you get for Leo happens to be one that hits the entire screen and does it in a large amount of consecutive, low-power hits. Why yes, I run Atk+10 cards in my folder, why?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:25:59 AM by M. Burusu »

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »

Oh, gods, yeah. I hate BeastMan, my friend who more recently got MMBN3 hates BeastMan (and has yet to fight him the second time, in the UnderNet . . . and was less than thrilled when I spoiled the fact that you fight the fiend again) . . .

Isn't that to fight Forte again?

FURASHUman's chip, huh? Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out when I play MMBN3 again~

Eh, it's actually storyline (one of the ranked Navis in the UnderNet just so happens to be BeastMan, and so you end up fighting his Alpha-rank form).

Fighting ForteGS involves feeding a bahonking huge number of BugFrags to the BugFrag Trader (not hard to do, seeing as that's how I got my Standard library completed, not to mention most of my NaviChips).

Which reminds me: ForteGS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS. 23 damned tries in a row he killed me, not counting the rest of the time I took to beat him into the turf.

How I beat him: AreaSteal all panels save the one he's standing on, stand RIGHT NEXT TO HIM so that he can't shoot me, and then I go and stock up the MomQuake P.A. -- which is made up of 1 unwieldy chip and 2 useless ones (RockCube being the useless one, and GodStone being the unwieldy one), and is best explained as this: It will drop slow-falling 200-damage bricks onto random enemy panels.

You are now free to imagine me cackling with glee while Forte is standing on his only panel and HeavySand-type blocks of stone are raining down on his fin-clad head, with him unable to do a damn thing about it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
Punk is a BITCH
Discuss.

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
Punk is a BITCH
Discuss.

So Meijin's 3 for 4. Anyone want to kvetch about KendoMan?

Punk's pretty much the only Navi Famous has EVER had that's based on a character from another series; everything else has been contest winners (which reminds me; whoever came up with FootMan/GridMan needs to be shot repeatedly because he is pretty much Chargin' Chuck meets Aya Shameimaru with a side of LOLTOUCHDOWN and a nice, tall glass of LOLCLONES).

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 05:53:06 AM »
KendoMan's like the Kuno of MMBN: Intimidating, but if you know what to do, you can slap him around all you want.  I especially enjoy slapping him in the face every time he tries the split-strike.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »
i play 3 my main folder is a sand abusing tornado one sand+Tornado = rape sand jacks up the number of times tornado hits a fully powered up sand tornado can easly shred 500+ HP off