Author Topic: Luminous Dream v1.0.1 - Full-length Danmakufu fangame (COMPLETE)  (Read 70800 times)

Re: Luminous Dream v0.64 - Full-length Danmakufu fangame
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012, 05:59:39 AM »
Going to be between a few weeks and a couple months until the next release. Getting some more art assets done.

• I just can't stop bandodging!
  • "You can eat me if you want"
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »
Luminous Dream
I have been enlightened by danmaku. So, maybe I could send you a few extra effects and what not?

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2012, 11:35:51 PM »
Will there be any more updates? I still love the game and wanna have more X3

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:40 AM »
If i may help, if you need some things to help out on some of the sort-of small tidbits then i think Tsalop and Hele's Spell circle thing which i cannot recall due to the searchbar is a god-tier scrub :V so you have a more practical way of using everyone's other cut-in and have sprites to replace them with in boss fights.

I am also planning to PM you stuff to help with some stage doohickeys Scratch that, there is too much on my hands at the moment. I'll try something in the future.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:49:00 PM by K. Watanabe »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
Long overdue update:

Finally got my contacts in order for background art and music. Next version (probably v0.9) is going to have stage backgrounds, original music that wasnt stolen from NND, and endings.

I'm aware that the game balance is far from perfect, but at this point I'm close to just calling it good enough after a few more tweaks. I want to eventually finish this project so that I can get started on a new one using ph3.

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
Oh wow looking awesome so far *-*
Aw I like the music you've used X3 But I understand that original music just gives an extra charm to the game~ Can't waiiit!

« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2012, 01:55:28 AM »
Oh wow looking awesome so far *-*
Aw I like the music you've used X3 But I understand that original music just gives an extra charm to the game~ Can't waiiit!
More to the point than extra charm, I had put videos of the game up on NND, and one of them actually got taken down for content violation.

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »
Hm this is probably just me, because I'm awful at dodging... but Akeno's Detection Spiral is harder in Hard then it is in Lunatic... At least it took me longer in Lunatic to bomb, and I captured it before I could do so in hard.

Actually nevermind XD I think it was just impression... Lunatic is harder...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 01:14:29 AM by Toyosatomimi »

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
Any news on the progress of the game? o.o

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2012, 01:59:36 AM »
So I tried this out and it was very well made! Would I be allowed to possibly make playthrough videos of this on my Youtube channel?

« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
Progress has been very slow. By unfortunately-timed scheduling on my part, both of my artists began entering the final months of wedding preparation (for two unrelated weddings) right as I entered the final leg of the project. Final build will be in November at the earliest.

So I tried this out and it was very well made! Would I be allowed to possibly make playthrough videos of this on my Youtube channel?
Go ahead.

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »
Yes, yes, yes yes! Holy this game is amazing. You are a genius.

I'm playing on lunatic now. The stage 1 boss's first non-spellcard felt a little like bullshit though, the danmaku's too fast for me to dodge both sides

EDIT: Holy, lunatic is seriously hard. I love this.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:43:41 PM by Heartsriker »

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
I'm rather impressed by your work. Great boss designs, great patterns! I love this! Amazing job!

« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
Really great. Many of the patterns were really creative. As for the difficulty, I played on normal and would say stages 1-3 is above the difficulty it usually has while 4-6 has a bit lower than usual.

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
My comments on some spells:
Gara's two first spells. They seem to have based on the Ex Rumia's exemplar spells. Might revamping these with more randomize?
Emi's last stage spell has reflective walls, that are actually too static for me. Aren't they?
Houko's second spell, "Refraction Crystal", is really easy even on Lunatic. Why not replacing it with the her own third nonspell, that seem to be way too difficult to being nonspell?

What you are thinking about these?
And I'm really curious about the original GST. Is that even started?

« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »
Great game, the spells were very unique, especially the Stage 3 boss' with that circle of doom thing. Extra Stage boss was really cool too, loved Storm Gates. =)

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:02 PM »
Version 1.0 teaser.

Aw yis, been waiting for the final version of this game for a while o/ Looking awesome~

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2012, 02:42:46 AM »

All art and music done for stages 1 and 2. BGM title popups and scene transitions complete.

Things are progressing much faster now, and I officially have a release date that I'm going to be targetting for the final release: December 31st, 2012. Let's see if I can make it!

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:46 PM »
Whoo! Can't wait for it! Man I've been playing this constantly, trying to go for a perfect Lunatic playthrough. Though when I get home I have to see which version I have. If it is an old one I'll update.

« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »
Status report!

Not going to make the stated release date at this point.

Art: I'm still missing three in-game images. My new artist is a fast worker, but has been very sick for the last month, which has slowed down progress a lot.

Music: I have all but two of the songs done for the new soundtrack, and a rough draft for one of those two. After that, I'm going to be doing a lot of final tweaking before I call any of these tracks complete.

Gameplay: I need to difficulty tweak a few spell cards, but after that I'm calling it done.

Story: I still need to write and code the Bad Endings.

All in all, I think I can shoot for a January release, but it all depends on my artist's health improving, She sounded optimistic.

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
Any chances we can get like, a preview, more videos or a sample download? I'm always really curious and looking forward to this project~

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »
Any chances we can get like, a preview, more videos or a sample download? I'm always really curious and looking forward to this project~

Heh, you made me think of all the trial versions of the official games that have up to Stage 3. While I also would totally love that, I can patiently wait for the finished product instead. Played this a long while back (like 6 months ago or so?) and have been silently watching its progress. Thanks for the great game!

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
I'm not going to put out any more videos or sample downloads until the game is done. Things are going slow with my artist right now. There's not a lot of work left, but I'm not making any specific release date promises at this point.

Please wait warmly and accept Mahiru's new theme, Tears of the Stars, as an offering.

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:58 PM »
Any news on the project?

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:35 PM »
Any news on the project?

Thank you for your continued interest, and apologies for my lack of updates!

The game is more or less definable as vaporware at this point, but that doesn't mean it's abandonware. The new soundtrack is 100% complete. The remaining work is three textures and a half hour of coding. However, I've just had to move from Artist #4 to looking for Artist #5 to get those last couple images completed. I don't know what it is about this project, but it seems to be consuming artists as if it were the Bermuda Triangle of graphic design.

If I can get a new artist and they can output the remaining work I need, then I can release the finished game almost instantly. Please continue to believe that the release is just around the corner.

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2013, 02:31:16 AM »
Ignore everything I just said, Artist #4 just suddenly delivered. I have all art assets. Expect a final release before the week is over.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »
Ignore everything I just said, Artist #4 just suddenly delivered. I have all art assets. Expect a final release before the week is over.

Wow. That came out of nowhere. Maybe a sudden thread revival did something after all. I look forward to the project!

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »
I really love the game, though the stage 3 boss's mechanic took me about 2 years to find out about. I used to think that when the circle started spinning, to get to the middle.
You game is an inspiration. And if ZUN sees this, he would be proud.
I've been following this game for about 2 years now. And I'm really excited to see the version 1.00 of this game.
But can you tell me:
What inspires you in your character development?
What inspires you in spellcard making?
Also, do you have any soundtracks/music you listen to while making the game?

Can't wait for the final result.
Currently a normal player

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Normally I would spear the gungnir people for bumping old threads, but since the author him/herself has responded in a fashionable time I am going to let it slip here.

Please don't bump threads, send a PM to the author. The forum gives a warning for "this thread is old " for a reason.