Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 221918 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
Mountain of Faith Extra cleared without bombs. And this includes my first ever capture of Froggy Braves the Elements.

...Only in Mountain of Faith is this harder than no-deaths. :V

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 08:31:02 AM »
Captured (while almost timing out!!!) Parsee's first spellcard no vertical on Lunatic, with ReimuC. So silly, so lucky.

Mountain of Faith Extra cleared without bombs. And this includes my first ever capture of Froggy Braves the Elements.

GJ. I wanted to join for that challenge a few weeks ago, but was on a trip so I didn't have a computer with touhou anywhere. My old no bomb clear of MoF extra was super derpy and had 2 deaths in the stage portion since I didn't know how to deal with it without bombs.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
GJ. I wanted to join for that challenge a few weeks ago, but was on a trip so I didn't have a computer with touhou anywhere. My old no bomb clear of MoF extra was super derpy and had 2 deaths in the stage portion since I didn't know how to deal with it without bombs.
Yeah, mine was pretty bad too. While I technically didn't die in the stage portion, there was one point where I really should have, except for the world's luckiest dodge. (Seriously, going right through a wall of small circle bullets?) Except that I proceeded to die at Suwako's first nonspell. Which I normally get without bombing anyway. DERP

Anyway, I proceeded to head back to MoF, to play through easy mode with only my two index fingers. In practice it was sort of like a pseudo no-focus run, though I did focus at a few points, despite how that meant I couldn't shoot. I never realized how ridiculous Kanako's fourth spell is on easy mode, I don't know if I could capture that thing even playing normally. I need to try that now...

EDIT: Done. Holy crap that card has some insane micrododging. Capped Mountain of Faith -Easy- too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:14:45 AM by Malkyrian »

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
I finally got a new laptop charger, allowing me to play Touhou again on my laptop after about maybe two weeks. Getting used to the desktop screen size kinda screwed up my skills on the laptop, but I think I've more or less got it back now.

No deaths on TD Extra until Mamizou's 5th nonspell (I really need to get used to these nonspells) and game over at Wild Deserted Island. I then proceeded to go to spell practice and Capture Wild Deserted Island. Also got to Descent of Izuna Gongen again but didn't clear a second time due to a lot of screw ups, especially Ultimate Buddhist.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »
I decided to play some Imperishable Night today.

First few attempts, to be frank, sucked.

Then, all of a sudden, it get to Marisa's boss fight on 1CC. I decided to continue, because 'why not', and got all the way to Eirin's 2nd Spellcard.

I was using the Netherworld team, by the way.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 12:48:19 AM »
SA Lunatic 1cc with MarisaC.

Don't ask why I'm using a Marisa shottype. It's part of some pet project I have that requires me to get more familiar with all the shots 'n stuff.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 03:02:45 AM »
Mountain of Faith no focus hard 1cc.
Laser clipdeath to Nitori, rammed a bullet on Sanae's final after capturing her second to last, and died with 4 bombs in stock to VoWG.

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »
Holy crap I have been on a roll lately.

Timeouts of both Emperor of the East and Returning Bridge Ichijo.

...I love how the butterflies stop shooting in EotE after about a minute and the spell suddenly becomes hilariously easy.

EDIT: FUCK YES JUST CAPPED BLAZING STAR.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:31:47 AM by Malkyrian »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »
Managed to get another DS scene after a month of leaving the game alone (11-8: yay Suwako!)
Also almost got a no focus clear of SP-9, managed 8 pictures before getting bored.

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
You know, like, stage 1 in SA on lunatic, in the beginning? Where the fairies shoot huge dense waves of blue bullets? I managed to microstream that, no vertical. Also includes Parsee's first spell no vertical. And some other lucky stuff, old and new.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Zil

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:18 AM »
FUCK YES!!! VIRTUE OF WIND TIMEOUT! WHOOO!!
And this time is all the way, none of that dying right at the end nonsense. A perfect timeout on Lunatic mode. I "think" this makes me the 14th person known to have done this? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :3

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 02:42:10 AM »
Dude, congrats! I can never remember the exact number of people who did this either. ::)
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2011, 04:11:26 AM »
 Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum.
 Today i accomplished this:
 IN 1cc Hard with Reimu Solo and captured Blazing Star with Youmu.
 IN 2cc Lunatic with Border Team and captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana with Reimu Solo.

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »
And this time is all the way, none of that dying right at the end nonsense. A perfect timeout on Lunatic mode. I "think" this makes me the 14th person known to have done this? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :3
:o

Just beyond amazing. So many congrats.

All I've managed to do in the meantime is mess around with Shoot the Bullet a little more, and get a second capture of Advice of St. Germain.

Spoiler:
Without focus.

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

Congratulations. That's the sort of stuff that's nice to see.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
So I took another look at PondeSuika's method for supergrazing the first two "post-asteroids" great-fairies in SA Stage 1. Why haven't I been doing it like this before? It feels so much easier supergrazing on the left side like he does compared to the right. Almost needless to say, I performed it perfectly on my first two tries. Also, replaying the scoring paths for other stages, I feel like I'm getting more consistent at quite a few parts, which is obviously very important.

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2011, 07:39:10 PM »
So I just cleared Pandemonium a second time...only this time, without charging the camera.

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2011, 08:55:04 PM »
Great work there. After only ten months? Jeez you might run out of challenges.

Did some cleaning up and cleared B1-C2 Hard to finally unlock GFW Extra. Pretty nice boss I guess, but more importantly I can finally dodge while listening to Magus Night.
At least there are no death bullets. Is this heaven? Those red drills, those spawns of the devil... they are ... gone? Party time.

Zil

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2011, 04:12:13 AM »
Pulled off a Froggy Braves the Elements timeout. I'm going after Mishaguji-sama next.
Ok, flawless timeouts of Froggy and Mishaguji-sama - Replay
For the second one I reduced the card's hp to a minimum, then timed it out. It's stupid otherwise. ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:01:37 AM by Zil »

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »
Finally pulled off a timeout of Seiga's overdrive. Did it about one hour after failing this with one second left.

First timeout I've done and those semi-homing lasers will haunt me for years to come.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:46:08 PM by qno2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
For me I consider this an acheivement.

Made it to Reimu's Evil Sealing Circle with my first use of the Sakuya/Remilla team. That's further than I've made it with the Marisa/Alice team, who I'd used multiple times... and almost as far as I can make it in the equivilent Stage 4 with my main duo, the Netherworld team.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
Magical Singular Day Extreme Mode 1cc

This is the best game why are you not playing the best game.

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »
Hard difficulty.

Virtue of Wind God.

Spell Card Bonus.

That is all.

EDIT: Aaand I just realized I forgot to save the replay. le'headdesk.

EDIT2: Did it again! And I saved the replay this time.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:00:03 PM by Malkyrian »

Zil

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
Finally pulled off a timeout of Seiga's overdrive.
Congratulations! Now time out the rest of them. GO GO GO!

Made it to Reimu's Evil Sealing Circle with my first use of the Sakuya/Remilla team. That's further than I've made it with the Marisa/Alice team, who I'd used multiple times... and almost as far as I can make it in the equivilent Stage 4 with my main duo, the Netherworld team.
I'm just gonna point out, the border team is pretty much the best choice in that game. If you gave them a try you'd probobly get much farther.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »
I'm just gonna point out, the border team is pretty much the best choice in that game. If you gave them a try you'd probobly get much farther.

I've tried the Border team.

I suck with them. I really do. I hate Yukari's speed, it's too slow for me, and the range dosen't back up the speed. Same reason why I hate the Magic team. With the Netherworld Team, at least it has stupid range when focused so you don't have to dodge as many bullets in the first place, and the Scarlet team... well... Remilla's focused speed is fast enough for me to dodge with her, instead of being limited to streaming due to being so awfully slow.

Anyway, I'm making even more progress! I got past Reimu on 1CC for the first time today. I'm finally figureing out her spellcards. [Although I messed up on her final spell, the random white bullets probobly would have screwed me over anyway at some point]

I feel I did pretty well on Stage 5 too, although, looking on the replay, I actually didn't need either of those bombs against Twei <_<

Here's the replay, and yeah, I derped in a few places, but the good Reimu fight makes up for it, IMO.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17055

I really hate Keine's nonspells :/

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »
Decided to try PCB extra, and got WAY farther than I've ever gotten before; I'd only gotten to Fox-Tanuki Laser before. I got to her last spellcard (with no lives/bombs) and then died, but I hadn't ever gotten to an extra boss's survival card before, so that was awesome. :D

Formless God

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »
TD Lunatic 1cc #2 shit was effortless
Broke my high score too.

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »
I have been playing me some Double Spoiler Ultra. First batch of replays has been ready for eternities but I'm a lazy uploader. Nothing too hard here but still a bunch of fun scenes. Level 4-8 are much better. Some of them even beyond my capabilities. (I guess beyond anyone's capabilities actually.)

Part 1

Zil

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
Mountain of Faith Stage 5 Perfect (lol :]) - Replay
Why is this stage all memorization? Regardless, it's my first perfect run of any Stage 5 :derp: (on Lunatic mode obviously)

I suck with them. I really do. I hate Yukari's speed, it's too slow for me, and the range dosen't back up the speed. Same reason why I hate the Magic team. With the Netherworld Team, at least it has stupid range when focused so you don't have to dodge as many bullets in the first place, and the Scarlet team... well... Remilla's focused speed is fast enough for me to dodge with her, instead of being limited to streaming due to being so awfully slow.
I don't see what you mean honestly. If you need to speed up just unfocus. Likewise for hitting far away enemies. Reimu's homing amulets effectively have unlimited range. Even as Yukari Ran can do decent damage even if you aren't under the boss.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

That's kind of the basic idea behind focusing - normally it focuses your shot into a narrower range in order to deal more damage. Obviously there are exceptions, but if you ask me the Border Team isn't really any worse than the Netherworld Team at tackling this game's stage portions (except maybe Stage 3, but even then the difference isn't that great). Reimu's homing amulets can really make stages easier once you learn where all the enemies are, which of course comes with time. Don't forget that Yukari has homing herself, and you don't have to be directly under your target to get that set up. And if anything, a slower focused speed actually makes it easier to pull off precision dodging without accidentally slamming into stuff (not too apparent on Normal just yet, but start playing higher difficulties, where the bullets are much denser, and I guarantee you'll want it).

Here's the replay, and yeah, I derped in a few places, but the good Reimu fight makes up for it, IMO.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17055
Might I give a critique or two? I notice you're doing a lot of unfocused dodging, and it cost you in a couple places when you accidentally ran into bullets you could've dodged while focused. Don't be afraid to go into focused mode so that you can safely slip through patterns. Until you can 1cc whatever mode you're working on, I wouldn't worry too much about score-based stuff (that's what it looked like you were doing to me). It seems like you have a basic understanding of how Remilia's familiars work, though you didn't always take advantage of it (practice will help you get more comfortable with it). Remilia's bomb also does the most damage when you're sitting right on top of your target, so once you get that going, make sure you stay on top until it runs out. Keep it up though, you're getting close to the 1cc.