Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 223156 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Don't be silly, there's no luck in shmups. Post hard-earned victories here, and let's see if we can't subvert that myth.
Let's fight.

Zetzumarshen

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:01 PM »
All using Border (cheese) team, Lunatic difficulty Imperishable Nights.

No-miss no-bomb stage 1
No-miss no-bomb stage 2
No-miss one-bomb stage 3
No-miss no-bomb stage 4B
No-miss no-bomb stage 5
No-miss stage 6B

With some simple scoring route.

Note :
I can't nmnb Kaguya. It's too hard.
I don't want to nmnb 4A and 6A. It's irrelevant.
I don't want to redo stage 3. I'm lazy.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »
Don't be silly, there's no luck in shmups.
DS 12-6 and Futari stage 2's infamous invisible jellyfish would like a word with you.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
DS 12-6 is more a bug than luck (if I'm remembering the right one), and the jellyfish isn't invisible, it's hiding, and it's always aiming at you anyways so a laser will do the trick. BV
Let's fight.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »
PSM Capture. This card isn't as hard as you guys made it out to be originally.

Also I'm so determined to make UFO my first Lunatic 1cc, and also to 1cc it before doing so on Hard.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »
DS 12-6

You know, people talk about that scene like it's an insurmountable challenge, but that bug never kills me after the second shot.

Anyway, let's simplify the big list:

All Touhous lunatic 1cc (PC-98 included).

All spell cards in the main shooters captured on lunatic.

All stages beaten on lunatic without dying (not counting PC-98 because no stage practice).

All bosses perfected on lunatic except for Yumeko, Shinki, EX Alice, Remilia, Yukari, Byakuren and Mamizou.

Also I think I'm giving up on getting serious about Remilia. The mere thought is so...distasteful. Even if I pull it off (and I'm confident it will happen sooner or later), the amount of time and anguish would not be made up for with victory. I...do not desire it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 12:11:13 AM »
Don't give up donut, we're rooting for you (or at the very least, I am)  :)

I just got a perfect of Shou on normal...but accidentally didn't save the replay.  I could probably do it again since I can do everything she has consistently as long as I read the lasers right.  Funny thing about this run, I died right before Shou and had 3.67 power going into the battle, then missed a few power items after the first spell leaving me at 3.97 for the second nonspell and spell.

My previous attempt was really close too, I went through a gap as it was closing but misjudged it with less health remaining than my no focus video of Shou on my channel and ended up 1DNBing Shou again.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »
To summarize, my accomplishments number:

Normal clears of all main Touhou games - including 1CCs of Dimensional Dream and Flower View.

Lunatic clear of Highly Responsive to Prayers, Hell Route.  Because let's face it, Konngara's easier.

Extra clears of EoSD and PCB, Phantasm clear of PCB, Prismriver Sisters unlocked in Flower View.

Final cards captured: Resurrection Butterfly, Hourai Elixir, Mountain of Faith, Flying Fantastica.

(Edit: Although I've captured the individual parts of End of Imperishable Night in Spellcard Practice, I won't exactly call that an accomplishment until I've captured the full sweep in-game.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:35:39 AM by Kliff »

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »
I've been away for so long that I've forgotten what my achievements are.

PCB Lunatic 1cc
SA, MoF Normal 1cc
PCB Extra clear

I should probably get around to making a decent shot at SA's hard difficulty; otherwise, this will continue to look like just a feat of luck and resource management.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:08 AM »
Right right, big lists :V

Touhou:

TH 12.8 A-1 cleared on normal
TH 3/12 cleared on normal with defaults
TH 2/4/5/6/7/8/10/11/13 cleared on hard with defaults
TH 4/7/8 cleared on lunatic with 5 starting lives
TH 5/7.5/9/10.5 cleared on lunatic with defaults
Extras for 4-11 and 13 cleared
Pacifist Ran (bombs allowed)
90FPS PCB Extra
No Bomb PCB/LLS Extra
Various minor achievements (challenge runs, spell caps, etc)
Nothing notable for 1/8.5/12.3/12.5

Other shooting games:

Seihou Shuusou Gyoku 1cc (Hard)
Eden's Aegis no wait original ALL
Blue Wish Resurrection ALL
DoDonPachi 1-ALL
Deathsmiles ALL
Espgaluda ALL
Futari BL Original ALL
DDP Daioujou BL 1-ALL (5 starting lives)
Crimzon Clover Simple/Original ALL
eXceed 3rd ALL
Tobitsuki ALL
Gunhed ALL

It may not be as much as some people can pull off, but I'm slowly chipping away at the bigger things as I go along.  Hopefully I'll get that EoSD Lunatic soon...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 01:03:51 AM »
Another thread, huh?
The only accomplishments of mine that matter are the ones at 90fps. :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 01:04:33 AM »
perfect endboss Marisa, leaving me with 3 normal bosses to go: Kaguya, Utsuho and Byakuren.
I got Final Spark that run of Marisa too, so there's no arguing about whether it's a perfect.

Another thread, huh?
The only accomplishments of mine that matter are the ones at 90fps. :V
120 FPS easy mode(s) go!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 02:15:54 AM »
So I'm relearning the scoring path for SA Stage 4 Lunatic. Progress is slow, especially from a consistency standpoint, but it's there. Unfortunately I'm forced to deviate from the actual path because of different Power levels in Practice Mode, but I'm still able to do most of the main things normally. Now if only I wasn't so freaking rusty at Satori's Recollection cards...

Obligatory list time (all on Lunatic unless specified):

EoSD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, Extra perfected
PCB: Lunatic 1cc, all Stages perfected
IN: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4B, 5 perfected, Extra no-missed, all Spellcards captured
StB: 85/85 Scenes cleared
MoF: Lunatic 1cc, all Stages perfected, VoWG perfect time-out
SA: Lunatic 1cc (standard and no-bombs with ReimuA), all Stages perfected
UFO: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2, 3, 4, Extra perfected
DS: 108/108 (Aya) and 99/99 (Hatate) Scenes cleared
GFW: Lunatic 1cc (all six Routes), Extra cleared
TD: Lunatic 1cc, Stages 1, 2 perfected, Extra cleared

Another thread, huh?
Was there ever any doubt? :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 02:47:10 AM »
Just posting a small list, nothing new on here.
EoSD Hard 1cc with Reimu A
PCB Phantasm cleared with both Reimu and Sakuya A and B
Perfect PCB stage 3 & Alice normal
Third EoSD Extra clear with Marisa B, leaving only Reimu A to go.
All spell cards in EoSD stage 4 captured.
Yuyuko, no deaths.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 03:05:08 AM »
Let's see...

PCB: No-bombs clear on Normal (but with borders broken), Hard clear, Extra no-miss clear, Extra no-focus clear with MarisaA, Phantasm clear with all shot types, Phantasm no-miss clear
IN: No-focus no-miss no-bombs clear on Easy with Sakuya, Extra no-miss clear, Extra clear with all shot types, Fujiyama Volcano timeout, Everlasting Phoenix Tail timeout, Lunatic Red Eyes timeout
StB: All scenes from stages 1-9 clear (yes, including Seamless Ceiling), scenes EX-4, EX-5, and EX-8 clear
MoF: No-bombs clear on Normal, no-miss clear on Normal, Kanako perfected on Normal and Misayama Shrine Hunting Ritual timeout in that same run, Hard clear, Extra no-miss clear
SA: Easy no-miss clear, Normal clear with all shot types, Extra clear
TD: Normal clear with 3/4 shot types (screw you Youmu), Hard clear, Extra clear, Seiga perfected on Normal, Futo perfected on Normal, Rainy Iwafune no-focus no-vertical timeout, Pseudo-Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden no-focus timeout

Probably left out a few things, mainly Normal perfect stages (have the first two stages from all games listed above but those barely count, the only unlisted one from a later stage I actually remember is PCB Alice but I don't consider that a big achievement).

So in recent news: I just managed to capture Boundary between Wave and Particle in Shoot the Bullet. I also went back to previous scenes and cleared up all the ones where Aya said "I can't get a good article with just these", as well as capturing everything I was missing from stages 1-9.

Really, I need to work on stage 10. I have a whopping two stage 10 scenes clear. So my capture rate on stage 10 is worse than it is on extra. Go me. ::)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »
:3
I went back and tried Ten Desires Extra at Normal speed.

I almost 1LC'd it, with only three~ bombs, but I died to Mamizou's last spell.
But I made my first capture of her survival.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:36 AM »
StB Extra unlocked!!!
Also, Kinkaku-Ji just really requires lots of luck. I've had many attempts end at the last phase because they walled me in. I got lucky enough earlier that they didn't so I was able to cap it.
And I've capped 4 scenes on stage 10.

Zil

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 03:58:09 AM »
Just finished off stage 11 in DS. Only three stage 12 scenes to go and I've perfected StB and DS.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 04:35:39 AM »
All bosses perfected on lunatic except for Yumeko, Shinki, EX Alice, Remilia, Yukari, Byakuren and Mamizou.
But EX-Alice, Yukari and Mamizou don't have Lunatic diffs. (unless you count Ultra)

Anyway, I'm sure I've cleared everyone on Hard in Match Mode with Medicine. (lol cheese) Gonna try it again later.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

nintendonut888

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 06:04:35 AM »
I...

I think I did it.

Did I...just perfect Remilia? I'm honestly not sure because no record remains of it. It's possible I may have lost a life based on the end-of-stage score, on Sakuya or during the fight. But...there's no logical reason I would be feeling like I just went into labor if that were the case.

I think it's safe to say I did it.

I beat her...

I beat her...!

I

PERFECTED

REMILIA

SCARLET

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! YES. YES. YES. YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! <333333333

EDIT:

I'm a bit confused myself because the score indicates I should have gotten an extend. So, either I died on the stage (I vaguely recall goofing off, though that could be any of the two dozen attempts I did today), or the spell card capture bonus and bullet clear bonus (the screen was packed) make up for that discrepency. It is most likely the latter, because I don't recall hearing the extend sound a third time.

I...kind of regret not having a replay to show for my efforts. Still, I could not care less. :) Believe it...or not.

EDIT 2: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16900

A drug-crazed no bombs attempt at EoSD lunatic that made it all the way to Scarlet Meister, and may have cleared if it weren't for a few ugly mistakes earlier in the run. This is the kind of freaky play level I have reached tonight that allowed the above accomplishment to be possible. @_@ I don't think I'll ever have such an amazing run of EoSD again even with bombs.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:18:02 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
Very nice Donut! Good job!

Shame you don't have a replay though.

Also not sure what you're talking about there not being replays for EoSD practice, as there  are.

(not counting PC-98 because no stage practice).

Not anymore. Hop to it.  BV

Zil

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
Alright, nevermind what I said before. Double Spoiler and Shoot the Bullet are now completely done. All as Aya too; Hatate's a cheater.

nintendonut888

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
Also not sure what you're talking about there not being replays for EoSD practice, as there  are.

WHAT?!

Why do you wait until now to tell me this? :fail:

...How does it work though? It seems to be looking for something, but I can't even guess at what.

EDIT: I just figured out how the lives and bombs ended up as they did, for anyone curious. I must have gotten clipped by one of the fairies and lost a life (this happened many times that night, mostly because I didn't care). To rack up points, I bombed the last fairy waves and got an extra life. Then I bombed Eternal Meek, which had me enter Remilia 2/2. I got the 20 million extend like normal, but capturing Scarlet Meister gave me an extend (which I probably wouldn't notice because I was high on adrenaline). Finishing off Scarlet Gensokyo would give me a huge point bonus and end me up at 4/2, peace of mind achieved. \o/

How am I now so confident?

...I made it up to Scarlet Gensokyo again in an attempt to reconstruct what happened. :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:02:32 PM by nintendonut888 »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 04:08:26 PM »
I think I heard whispers about that replay patch some time ago, but I never really heard any updates on it being completed, specifically. Not that it matters for me anyway, since I don't play EoSD anymore.

A new best on UFO Stage 6 Lunatic, perfected everything up to Superhuman (though the fact that I died there in the first place is cringe-worthy, and of course I botched LFS too). I've reverted back to "Krim-style" streaming for the second nonspell though, since I really don't want to deal with the lasers at all.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 05:25:45 PM »
Kay'.

1cc's of all Windows Touhou Lunatics. + 1cc TD's highest difficulty.  :V
Bunch of stage and boss perfects here and there.
VoWG, UBS and SFN timeouts.

List is done I guess.

@Donut

Cool stuff mang. Replay or it didn't happen. (Picture could be fake, could've used cheat engine to fix bomb and life stock. HA HA HA!)
No seriously dude, cool job.

Don't be silly, there's no luck in shmups. Post hard-earned victories here, and let's see if we can't subvert that myth.

Fine. Then have a lot at this awesome skill-display on Nazrin's Greatest Treasure. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16904

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »
After reading Donut's theory of Scarlet Meister, I opened up EoSD to see if the same idea applies to Scarlet Shoot. After a couple of derp-induced restarts, I came up with two things:

1. I think it's the same general idea (it worked for the first wave, but I moved the wrong way on the second and had to bomb)
2. I got my first Red Magic capture. That's finally all of Remilia's cards captured on Normal :D

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 06:43:17 PM »
Scarlet Shoot can be redirected easily lol. I forgot the order of the waves though.

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
PCB LUNATIC 1CC FUCK YES!!!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16905

though easiest touhou, but oh well still a lunatic 1cc!

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »
PCB LUNATIC 1CC FUCK YES!!!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16905

though easiest touhou, but oh well still a lunatic 1cc!

easiest is IN or LLS i guess

good job!
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 07:23:47 PM »
Scarlet Shoot can be redirected easily lol. I forgot the order of the waves though.
I've tried that, but I remember it not ending very well. My timing was probably off, though ...

*wanders off for more testing*