Author Topic: Change my nickname?  (Read 3593 times)

Zil

Change my nickname?
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this question. Basically I want to know if there is a way to change my nickname. It's princessmilk now, as you can see, but I'd like to change it to Zillion Brain (my youtube name)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Change my nickname?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:07:55 PM »
Moving this to the right place.

You ask one of the admins to change your nickname for you. It'll only be done if you made your nickname the same as your login name.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
It's permanent.  It specifically says it's not changable.  It's meant to be a way to identify you since we allow you to change your display name at will.  We used to use username but we had security problems so now we've hid that.

You need a damn good reason to change it, and not matching your YT name isn't good enough IMHO.  If you have a better reason I'd love to hear it.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Zil

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:06:59 AM »
Well, matching my Youtube name, as well as wherever else I might use the name ZillionBrain (because just Zil is often taken) is one reason. Also, for a somewhat complex reason, a friend of mine might be offended if he ever saw that I used the name princessmilk. (actually this is kind of the main reason I wanted to change it) Anyway, If my reason isn't good enough, I guess it's just not good enough. My only other argument would be that I have not been here very long, so I doubt most people would be confused by my nickname changing, if they even noticed in the first place.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »
At the risk of asking a stupid question, couldn't Zil just close this account and open a new one with the names he wants?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:51:01 AM »
I will change it this one time, I just wanted to make it VERY clear this is not a normal request granted (believe me you're not the first to ask nor will be the last).  Changing it on a whim is not a good enough reason IMHO.  Yours is a bit more reasonable so I'm fine with granting a one-time change.

The original intent when we added the Nickname field was for it to be very much permanent.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Zil

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »
Many thanks, and don't worry, I won't be some freak who wants to change his nickname every two seconds. I'm set with this one.