Author Topic: [Art] Raga and the 100 witches  (Read 59563 times)

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
Re: [Art] Raga and the 100 witches
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »
That crazy old cat/fox lady again.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:41 AM »
Looking wickedly cool there, Ms. Yakumo.

And fine lighting there!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »
Thank you!
Pariya and Parsee, two extreme tsundere darlings!
If you don't know about Pariya, you need to go out and buy Kaoru Mori's "The Bride's Stories" right now. You need to do it in any case, because Mori is one of the best comic artists on this planet right now.

Fuck, this is great. I really love middle eastern/oriental stuff.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
Dat Yukari.

Just wondering, how much are you charging for your Patchy comic? I kind of really want to read it.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »
Thank yous.

Vyrien: It will be $10+shipping. I can send one if I have any left after Comiket(we'll see if I hand out/exchange any there).

And speaking of Comiket, it's this weekend, and since I won't be selling anything, at least I want to have something home-made with me. So I painted this t-shirt:

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
Man, this thread sure sinks fast. Sorry I'm not drawing more moeblobs, people.
Here comes another non-blobby one, the tiger that loves to screw you over.

Vyrien: I sent one out to another guy, and the postage is $12 from here (to America), so $22 in total.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
Oooh! Shou!

Are you drawing these on an oekaki? Because they are really great.

Also, I live in the UK, so I imagine the postage will be a tad more expensive from Japan, if you can find out, that'd be great, I do want to buy one.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »
Thank you! Yeah, these last few were drawn on 2chan's oekaki board.
I'll see if I can find out anything about the cost.

pasu

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 03:15:39 AM »
Wow, non passive Shou! Such a rarity oq o

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:39 AM »
Man, this thread sure sinks fast. Sorry I'm not drawing more moeblobs, people.

Know what's more popular than moeblobs?  Boobs.  Now go forth and conquer.

I really like how your style lends itself to expressions quite nicely (love the super rage Satori).  And your Yoshikas are pretty freaking awesome. ~w~

With your comic, did you draw the pages out and then scan them, or is it all done on the computer?

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2012, 03:10:39 AM »
Pasu: Shou might be a kind and quiet soul, but to me, she's a raging beast(those damn lasers).

Red Frost: I'm afraid the booby toehos I draw will be a bit much for this forum. Maybe some normal cheesecake some time.
My style and expressions comes largely from southerners like Xavier Houssain and Alessandro Barbucci, mixed with all sorts of manga.

I usually draw all my comics on paper and scan, I like working on paper. But almost all my illustrations are pure digital.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
I'm afraid the booby toehos I draw will be a bit much for this forum. Maybe some normal cheesecake some time.
My style and expressions comes largely from southerners like Xavier Houssain and Alessandro Barbucci, mixed with all sorts of manga.

I usually draw all my comics on paper and scan, I like working on paper. But almost all my illustrations are pure digital.

But... we have an NSFW tag...  I guess cheesecake is fine, too.

Ahhh, okay.  I've always wanted to learn more about the process of making comics/doujinshi, but I always figured it was more than typing "How to make doujinshi" in google.  When I was younger I used to believe it was purely traditional up until the mass-printing, but I couldn't understand how they got the intricate patterns used for shading and coloring and such clean-looking lineart.  Then I learned about technology and started to think that had something to do with it.  :derp:

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2012, 09:15:01 AM »
All-traditional is still very common in Japan, what with screentones and stuff. Digital is coming on strong nowadays, though, of course. Most illustrators probably work all digital, but I feel that traditional paper and ink still is what comic artists use most.

A request from /jp/, Reisen in an Evangelion-style plugsuit.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »
Some recent Battle Lolis.
I bought "Symposium of Post-Mysticism" yesterday, and it's very nice. I won't be able to read it in a million years, but thankfully the wiki provides a translation. It contains info about all the new characters since MoF, and some quite interesting dialogue between Marisa, Kanako, Byakuren and Toyosatomimi no Miko. I didn't think much of most of the TD characters before, but when reading Mononobe no Futo's entry, I sort of fell for her. Turns out she not only betrayed her ally and made her become a ghost, her hobbies(and spellcards) includes burning Buddhist temples and statues in the name of immortal Taoism. I like my girls batshit insane, thank you very much.

Yuk/Yuyu was drawn for "Spirit Day", some kind of gay bullying awareness day connected to the color purple. So why not have Miss Violet herself deliver some gay ol' spirit lovin'?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »
YES. Futo is the best Ten Desires. The lighting in that picture is fantastic by the way.

That Yu x Yu pic is a little too, uh, let's say "enjoyable" to be used for activism purposes, don't you think? :V

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2012, 12:14:23 AM »
Diggin' that Aya. And I haven't played 10D to tell, is Futo's background a reference to the kind of danmaku she uses?

pineyappled

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »
All-traditional is still very common in Japan, what with screentones and stuff. Digital is coming on strong nowadays, though, of course. Most illustrators probably work all digital, but I feel that traditional paper and ink still is what comic artists use most.
Digital inking just never has the same charm.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
Thank yous~

Stuffman: It's pro-gay rights, so I think it's alright. Also, they're 1000+ years old and does not have to give any fucks. ...or maybe they will? uhuhuh

Hatate: Yes, her most intense cards are described as "Futo summons a temple and proceeds to burn it. Watch out for the falling embers!" So yeah. Gal is wack.

Kinoko: True dat.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »
I'm kinda sorta working on an oRin illustration book. I've applied for Winter Comiket, and if I get in(update: I got in! Time to work.), I'll do my best to make it a reality. If not... maybe some other time. This is the first finished illustration. I was inspired by the Arreat levels from Diablo 3 for this, and I wanted to try to paint something similar. It might not be perfect light-wise, but this is the best I can do now, and I'm still happy with how it looks. The main focus is supposed to be the environment.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:54:55 AM by Ragathol »

pasu

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
Congrats on getting into winter comi!  :3

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2012, 06:13:16 AM »
Yay! Right, so I'll be at Winterket, second day, east hall 3 キ-18b! I managed to finish the book just yesterday, and it's been sent off to print now...
It's 11 pages of new illustrations of Orin(and friends) in full color.
Here are some examples + the lava cave picture above.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:14 AM »
Rin, don't steal Yoshika's body! Seiga needs that!

More cute hell cats are always appreciated :)

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
Love the way you draw scenery, Ragathol O_O You have a dA? Oh, and what learning resources did you use to get that good?

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Thank you! My devart is at http://ragathol.deviantart.com.
I've been drawing a lot of croquis, attended various comic artist schools, done a few comic books and generally been drawing almost every day the last ten years.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
It was nice meeting you at Winter Comiket! I meant to go back and give you a copy of our second book, which was in full color and all, but I got so wrapped up in requests and running my own circle I completely forgot. I just finished reading the Patchouli comic you gave me and it was really good! There were a few things that seemed a little shoehorned into it but overall it was a pretty convincing back story. Nice touches with the different languages too, although I think the Japanese needed a little work. Still, I really like how you drew Remilia and Patchouli's slow transition over time was superb.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
Thank you very much! Yeah, I'm not 100% satisfied with it myself, and I'm not really used to write more serious drama, so it's a little so-so at times. But it mostly works, I think.
I got the Japanese (quick) translation from a friend who works as a translator, but he's not a native, and I couldn't get it "touhouified", so it might be a bit off.
I had fun drawing slightly different outfits for Remilia for every scene, and the way Patchy's clothes, hat and hair slowly settles towards the current appearance. I had wanted to include Meiling as well, but it'd just be too long, and ending it when they came to Gensokyou seemed right too. Regrettably, the ending feels a bit cut off. I still need to plan my stories better beforehand, instead of just writing them on the go.
But I'm glad you liked it!

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2013, 04:43:38 PM »
We had our first snow here in Tokyo today...
Also my first time drawing Letty, so it seemed proper.

Ragathol

• Cursed
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
Oh my, been a while! I haven't done a lot of illustrations since last time, but I made a new comic book and attended Reitaisai, so there's that...
Sadly I'll go back home just ten days before comiket, but it'll be nice to come home too. I still love Tokyo, but life in Japan is starting to wear me out a bit.
Oh, and I also met Nforza randomly at a small event the other day, so that was fun. Hello.
Even though no one really care much, have some pictures!

And here are the first 6 pages of the new comic, which features a lot of bullshit from Cirno and a lot of trolling from Aya: http://imgur.com/a/yBcAu
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:47:54 PM by Ragathol »

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »
dat style

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Kenchiwa

• Youkai Into the Wall of Dark
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
wow.
in the corner with a can of Raid, curled up in the fetal position, sucking their thumbs.