Author Topic: Has anything almost ruined touhou for you?  (Read 30439 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Has anything almost ruined touhou for you?
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
This is why Cave vs Touhou discussions are prohibited on this forum.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 05:22:25 AM »
You see i think the worst part of the touhou series is that some fan just says every other bullet hell game is EASY and a RIPOFF from touhou, i think to become touhou fan you need to respect other bullet hell series too.. because what importance is the gameplay, unfortunately some fans just like the fact that touhou is the ONLY great bullet hell series.. and dislike and disparage any other bullet hell series, which is kinda wore me down, since i become a touhou fan because of another game that is a bullet hell series and the game itself which is posted on newgrounds, kong,etc. usualy the one that is made by the touhou "fan" always keep saying,"this game is a ripoff, it doesnt have many bullet which make this game easy as fuck, the gameplay is sloppy, " I honestly hate that
Reminds me of how people call the CoD series the only FPS shooter series and how combat arms/any-other-FPS-shooter is ripping off black ops.
People can be so narrow minded these days. :P <--- oh god what the heck is that thing and what did it do to my emoticon

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
You see i think the worst part of the touhou series is that some fan just says every other bullet hell game is EASY and a RIPOFF from touhou, i think to become touhou fan you need to respect other bullet hell series too.. because what importance is the gameplay, unfortunately some fans just like the fact that touhou is the ONLY great bullet hell series.. and dislike and disparage any other bullet hell series, which is kinda wore me down, since i become a touhou fan because of another game that is a bullet hell series and the game itself which is posted on newgrounds, kong,etc. usualy the one that is made by the touhou "fan" always keep saying,"this game is a ripoff, it doesnt have many bullet which make this game easy as fuck, the gameplay is sloppy, " I honestly hate that
I think that's less a case of what constitutes a fan and more just having common sense, like shurcle alluded to. Speaking of shurcle...

oh god what the heck is that thing and what did it do to my emoticon
Surprised to see a Kogasa emoticon? Hey, her usual expression matches that of an emoticon, and considering this is a Touhou forum, why not?  :D
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »
Surprised to see a Kogasa emoticon? Hey, her usual expression matches that of an emoticon, and considering this is a Touhou forum, why not?  :D
Surprised ":" + "P" turned into :P

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
Surprised
Then her work here is done :P

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
The perverted side of fan material. I mean, does Youmu really need THAT big breasts?
Although, I can't really say this has ever even almost ruined Touhou for me. When I'm saving pictures I always ignore the ones that are NSFW.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
Although, I can't really say this has ever even almost ruined Touhou for me. When I'm saving pictures I always ignore the ones that are NSFW.
This comment reminds me to ask-- does everyone here know how to blacklist explicit-rated pictures and specific tags on Danbooru?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2011, 07:10:05 PM »
This comment reminds me to ask-- does everyone here know how to blacklist explicit-rated pictures and specific tags on Danbooru?

Safebooru > Danbooru
I'm guessing you have to sign up to do that, so I don't know. Never tried!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »
Safebooru > Danbooru
I'm guessing you have to sign up to do that, so I don't know. Never tried!
The reason I dislike Safebooru is because it also gets rid of questionable-rated pictures, and a not insignificant number of good pictures are under that rating. And yeah, you'd have to sign up to put it to best use, but you can also use it as a "negative tag" of sorts: hijiri_byakuren as opposed to  hijiri_byakuren+-rating:e, the latter of which will filter out the explicit-rated pictures but not the questionable ones. And if you're going to filter the questionable ones too, then go for Safebooru by all means.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
The reason I dislike Safebooru is because it also gets rid of questionable-rated pictures, and a not insignificant number of good pictures are under that rating. And yeah, you'd have to sign up to put it to best use, but you can also use it as a "negative tag" of sorts: hijiri_byakuren as opposed to  hijiri_byakuren+-rating:e, the latter of which will filter out the explicit-rated pictures but not the questionable ones. And if you're going to filter the questionable ones too, then go for Safebooru by all means.

I'll put this to use, thanks!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »
either
rating:safe or -explicit :V

Anyways, I wouldn't say it almost ruined touhou, but it certainly annoyed me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Pwi6nW0JA

Just...everything...about...it...ugh (especially the part where I got downvoted for saying that I found it mildly annoying =/)