Author Topic: Fantasy Maiden Wars E: English Translation Patch Release  (Read 97376 times)

Re: Fantasy Maiden Wars E: English Translation Patch Release
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
@KasumiTani:
Reboot your computer.

Thank you, but it doesn't help.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:20 AM »
I'm getting an odd issue that after you play (It runs perfectly fine when this is done).  Exit game by hitting escape and restart it the game runs extremely slowly. Only rebooting the computer fixes this.

Specs
i5-2500 Processor (3.30GHz Quadcore)
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Not sure what's causing this problem  Any idea how to fix it?

Edit: It seems to be sort of random.  Rebooted computer once and the problem persisted.  Rebooted computer a second time and the problem seems to be gone.  Will keep informed
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:26:24 AM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 06:32:04 AM »
@KasumiTani:
Did you accidentally click on gsw01.exe, then clicked on fmw01.exe. That was how I got that error.
I rebooted the computer and it works fine. I guess all you can do now is either mess around with it or
wait for a better answer.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2011, 06:38:02 AM »
I got it working.
Now I'm doing Marisa's storyline.
Just cooled Alice's head, and currently working to smack around the Three Fairies.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »
@Starxsword:

Not eactly. What I did was:

1) Install Super Touhou Wars
2) ran gsw01.exe to make sure it works properly - it does
3) Installed 1.0.0 -> 1.1.2 patch AKA "gsw01_update_112.exe"
4) Installed English patch as instructed
5) ran fmw01.exe - error

After your post I attempted to reboot the PC and run fmw01.exe again, and still got the same error.

I'll now try to re-install everything without ever running gsw01.exe, but somehow I don't think it will help.

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 06:46:18 AM »
KasumiTani, the 1.0.0 - 1.1.2 patch is NOT "gsw01_update_112.exe".

The above patch is only valid for game version 1.1.1. DO NOT USE IT WITH OTHER VERSIONS.

What you are looking for is "gsw01_update_100to112.exe"

PS: after you patch the game, do not run the english patch first. Run the game. Assuming you're patching from ver 1.0.0, if you're successful you'll see that your game's window will have the version number in its name. If you see no version number, or the version number is not 1.1.2, or the game crashes on launch, the patch has *failed*, do not proceed.

I still recommend going through all the individual exe patches instead of that single diff patch.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:50:22 AM by achicken »

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 06:51:30 AM »
Thanks, Achicken, but it is just mispell on my part - the patch I am installing is actually "gsw01_update_100to112.exe".

And re-installing everything and rebooting the PC afterwards didn't help, by the way (not that I had much hope that it would).

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 07:27:59 AM »
Some other ideas to throw out, though I doubt it will work. Did you set it in Japanese Locale?
Did you make sure the version you have is 1.0.0 before you install the 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 update?
Did you put the data1, 4, 5, 9 dat files in the data directory? Did you put the fmw01.exe in the
same directory as the game, gsw01.exe?

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »
Did you set it in Japanese Locale?

Tried running it both normally and via AppLocale. The only thing AppLocale changes is that the error message is displayed in Japanese instead ^_^;;

Did you make sure the version you have is 1.0.0 before you install the 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 update?

Well, since I don't know Japanese, I can't read the original readme and confirm what version I have. But considering that the patch installs without any errors, I assume it is version 1.0.0

Did you put the data1, 4, 5, 9 dat files in the data directory? Did you put the fmw01.exe in the
same directory as the game, gsw01.exe?

Yup, I did.

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2011, 08:52:10 AM »
Well, I mentioned earlier to another person about how you can figure out your version. Either mouse over the exe file and check if it says
1.0.0 or go to the read me and scroll all the way down. There will be a whole bunch of version numbers, if there are none,
then it is probably the original 1.0.0. I do think that you probably updated correctly.
I am guessing it is a direct x problem, but I have no clue, maybe someone else will figure this out.

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »
Thanks for the bug reports; I'll wait to fix them into a patch until a major one comes in though. For the Keine Wife ability one, try pressing "Ignore" and just continuing with the game; that's probably the bug I mentioned in the patch_readme regarding certain Wife abilities. I believe the game will continue on just fine if you ignore it.

KasumiTani: Check your readme.txt, the bottom of the file should say something like this if it is 1.1.2:

- 2010/08/14 ver.1.0.0
  - 2010/08/14  ver.1.0.1
 - 2010/08/14  ver.1.0.2
  - 2010/08/17  ver.1.0.3
 - 2010/08/23  ver.1.0.4.0
  - 2010/08/24  ver.1.0.4.1
  - 2010/08/31  ver.1.0.5
  - 2010/09/01  ver.1.0.6
  - 2010/09/18  ver.1.0.7.0
  - 2010/09/18  ver.1.0.7.1
  - 2010/10/01  ver.1.0.8
  - 2010/10/03  ver.1.0.9
  - 2010/12/12  ver.1.1.0
  - 2010/12/25  ver.1.1.1
  - 2011/03/19  ver.1.1.2

If it is not, try running the patch installer using Applocale too. Mouseover on the gsw01.exe also works to check your version number; I know for a fact that upgrading to v1.0.1 is reflected in the mouseover, so all after should be as well.

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »
Deranged, I checked everything.

Prior to patch, my version is 1.0.0, and after patch it is 1.1.2 (or, more precise, 1.0.0.0 and 1.1.2.0)

And, yes, post-patch readme says in the end:

- 2010/08/14  ver.1.0.0
  - 2010/08/14  ver.1.0.1
  - 2010/08/14  ver.1.0.2
  - 2010/08/17  ver.1.0.3
  - 2010/08/23  ver.1.0.4.0
  - 2010/08/24  ver.1.0.4.1
  - 2010/08/31  ver.1.0.5
  - 2010/09/01  ver.1.0.6
  - 2010/09/18  ver.1.0.7.0
  - 2010/09/18  ver.1.0.7.1
  - 2010/10/01  ver.1.0.8
  - 2010/10/03  ver.1.0.9
  - 2010/12/12  ver.1.1.0
  - 2010/12/25  ver.1.1.1
  - 2011/03/19  ver.1.1.2"

And, yes, the English patch still doesn't work (tired re-installing everything yet again). When installing English patch, I copy data files into data folder, and everything else into the main folder. Not sure what I can possibly do wrong..

If it helps, when I ran the game after installing English patch, it intially displays black screen with "Girls are deploying", and a few seconds later I get a white window with an error message, i.e.:

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2011, 01:33:38 PM »
I used to have this problem even back when I was playing the game in Japanese. Normally, restarting works for me when I had it.
The only other suggestion I can make is something is loading on your startup that may conflict with this game or it does not have
enough memory or something.
If I remember correctly, this is what happens to me when I try to play that game. If you start my computer and play it, it usually
works fine. However, if say I start my computer do computer stuff and maybe 2 hours later decided to play that game,
I usually get an error. The various possibilities that I can think of are something loaded in between or my computer no longer
had enough memory or cache or whatever.

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
A few things you can try:

-Press Ignore and see if the game loads anyway
-Delete your savedata folder if it exists
Ensure that your PC meets the following specs:
-Processor speed of 1ghz or more
-512MB memory (1GB or above recommended)
-Videocard with VRAM of 32MB or greater
-DirectX9.0 installed
-Ensure that the following files are in the game folder:
"CleanMem.dll" "GMFMODSimple.dll" "fmodex.dl" "GMBinFile.dll"
-Change your regional settings to Japanese instead of using AppLocale
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:53:28 PM by Deranged »

achicken

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:29 PM »
Deranged, confirming Yden's Teacher L1 bug.
The error message can be ignored and the game will proceed, but it actually means "I can't find a target to attach this Wife Ability to". This means that the Teacher ability cannot be equipped and used. (Note: error message says that the reference YomeTarget doesn't exist in the object char_id; i.e char_id is valid, but YomeTarget is either not an array, is null, or undeclared).

Edit: Also, I attempted to give Reimu her first wife ability. This generated no error message unlike Keine, but that's where your documented "wife ability doesn't show as activated until next map" comes in. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:56:18 PM by achicken »

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
Thank you, Deranged, deleting savegame folder worked! (I just hope this error won't pop up again when I will actually have saved games)

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
Deranged, confirming Yden's Teacher L1 bug.
The error message can be ignored and the game will proceed, but it actually means "I can't find a target to attach this Wife Ability to". This means that the Teacher ability cannot be equipped and used. (Note: error message says that the reference YomeTarget doesn't exist in the object char_id; i.e char_id is valid, but YomeTarget is either not an array, is null, or undeclared).

Edit: Also, I attempted to give Reimu her first wife ability. This generated no error message unlike Keine, but that's where your documented "wife ability doesn't show as activated until next map" comes in.

Wife Bonuses are automatically equipped as soon as you unlock the first one; you don't actually have to select it to equip it (the red-orange marker denotes that it's equipped), and the option to go down and select the bonuses is only there if you want to switch between multiple wife bonuses. However, if you trigger that error, the ability does not show up in the Unit's status menu for that intermission.

Regardless, if you continued on to the next map with Keine's wife bonus spent and triggering that error, I believe you'll still see the ability pop up in her unit status menu and it activates correctly during the map, despite the error and it not showing up in the intermission. That is what I meant by the line in the readme.

I'm aware this isn't optimal behaviour, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to fix it, but assuming it plays out exactly as I said it, it shouldn't be as gamebreaking as the Alert bug.

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
Looks like a missing word here in Chapter 10.

It should be "and even if we take her ability out of the equation..."

The line before was "She's a troublesome opponent who can teleport."

Edit: Something else I noticed Chapter 10, when Daiyousei fights Sakuya.

The context of the 2nd line doesn't make sense if said by Dai so I assume it was meant to be a line from Sakuya.

Also when Cirno dodges an attack one of her lines is "Jusr as calculated".

Another edit:  After beating Sakuya in chapter 10, the ending talk plays twice.  Once normally then after the player units leave the map, it replays.  I'm playing F Final mode, if that makes much of a difference.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:49:36 PM by Yden »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 11:21:42 PM »
I was on easy mode to get a feel for everything, and it did that too.

And while we're on the topic of the later levels...What a rush.
Lemme sum up the final level in two words. Cherry. Tapping.
I can't believe I was crazy enough to have Dai get the lasthit, and what's even crazier was that it worked! Then again, Alice and Reimu were grazetanking
Spoiler:
ripples
for 0 incurred damage.
By then all I had was Reimu, Keine, Dai, and Alice. Everyone else already got
Spoiler:
Starbow'd, There there Were None'd, or Laevatine'd.

I did like the Batbashing game though, it was pretty fun! Would play again, definitely. Favorite level in the whole game, bar none.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2011, 02:33:17 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug in the the original as well, but magic barrier allows MP to go below 0 mp.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »
Woot, I've been waiting for this one for some time now (IIRC you all said It would never come too, oh shit, who da foo now bish)

What's the story about it (the translation effort)?
From what I gathered/recall
1: 2Ch started translation on it, Deranged opted not to after hearing this, and started work on genius of sappheiros instead.
2: 2ch? stopped work claiming "it didn't need one"
3: 2ch? apparently started again some time later
4: No news forever, Deranged somehow got info that it was pretty much done however, and was just going thru some really serious bug fixing that would take an undetermined length of time. I don't know how he learned this, I sure as heck couldn't find this info even after he told me.
5: Deranged delivers? Was he working on it the whole time? Did he just take over the last bit? Does he have a super translator alter ego that he is pretending isn't him?
6: Deranged never really got around to answering my husbainfu proposal...

Edit:
I'm pretty sure mission 1 is bugged for Reimu. On turn 3 she says something like "blah I didn't want to use a bomb, but these wenches are strong"
The game then says "bombs are good cuz blah blah".
But...The bomb menu isn't there still.

I'll just start a new game with Marisa for now I guess. 'Specially since Reimu is broken good or bad depending on if you decide to use sense or not. Also, I doubt it's needed since it's so far done, but I'm still willing to help in any scripting way if anybody thinks it's needed.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:36:14 AM by Ghaleon »

achicken

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
Yeah, there's no Bomb on Reimu-1. You never get one, and the option in the menu is simply not there. I never noticed, tho, didn't need it (playing in @G difficulty).

Also, trivial text bug - if you want to go through the conversation history in Backlog Mode, you'll find that Linefeed characters are not applied, and the text escapes the right side of the screen. To make Linefeed characters show correctly while Backlogging, you need to Back to the previous quote, then Forward to the next quote (I don't remember if this is a problem with the unpatched game, but its strange that Linefeed/Wordwrap isn't applied when going backwards through your backlog, and only in that instance)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
Is there a reliable way to beat mission 1 without bombing for the bonus thing though? I dunno the difficulty name, but I chose the "normal" one. Thing is reimu always takes 2 hits to kill stuff, so unless I can hit more than one at a time (aka a bomb) she can't nuke em fast enough. As for the turn 3 reinforcements (more like turn 4 since she can't get in range until 4), she..well.. misses half the time.. AND can't oneshot unless she crits with her closer range attacks. I found I missed 3 times and crit 0 though, blah.

I think a bomb is pretty much required to get the bonus thing unless you have really good luck.

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2011, 08:30:27 AM »
If you are talking about the first Mission in Reimu's stage, I don't remember the bonus being too hard to get and I don't remember
bombing either. Just rush them and you should be able to clear it within 5 turns(I think that is the bonus requirement).
Remember, when Keine joins on turn 3(I think), she can heal Reimu with her skill, so don't worry about rushing.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »
Also let the fairies attack Reimu on their turn, and counter them each time. It's a really easy WP bonus compared to, say, stage 3.

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »
Thanks to all who reported bugs/dialogue errors; I'll try to get out another smaller update that fixes these minor bugs in a few weeks or so. A few comments:

Chapter 10 ending dialogue repetition: I've heard about this bug from several sources now... but for the life of me, I've not been able to replicate it in my environment. Does anyone who's encountered it have a quicksave just before that dialogue by any chance?

-10 MP: I... wasn't even aware that could happen, heh. I'm going to guess it was in the none-patched version too, but I'll see what I can do to fix it. How did you even run Patchy out of her 360 mp anyway...?

Backlog Mode: This has already been stated in the readme, and unfortunately, I wouldn't get my hopes up that this will be fixed due to the way that wordwrap was implemented here.

Ghaleon: The dialogue at the start of stage 1 has Reimu claiming she's going to use a spellcard to wipe the fairies out, not a bomb; these two are actually very different in terms of this game's gameplay. The WP is easy enough to acquire if you, as others have alluded to, spam counterattacks on the enemy turns as much as possible.

As for the progress of the translation, long story short, I had contacts with the group when it started (but wasn't part of it); after some time, I found out that there wasn't much progress on it, so I got my way in, kickstarted it and completed the translation, then it went through a really long and bad testing and desperate fixing phase (yes, it was far worse than what it looks like now) until now.

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
Running patchy's mp out was quite easy actually.  Just very time consuming but I wanted to save my sp to kill Remi.  All you need is to have someone with high dodge(I used Reimu) at the edge of Patchy's range, Nitori next to them (or keine with support defend) and keep passing turns until she's out.  Heal with Dai as needed (with wife bonus one is best) and yea.  It's a bit annoying since Patchy's strongest attack only uses 20 en but it's the safest method to approach non moving bosses in any SRW type game really.  This one particularly since not everyone has access to alert or invincible.

But anyways, in theory if this works with Patchy's magic barrier, then I assume it would work with Alice's or Marisa's as well.

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 02:19:35 AM »
Wow, that is some patience. I just rushed and killed Patche. Then I slowly healed up everyone with Daiyousei before confronting
Remilia. Her ungodly dodge rate, hit rate, and damage is scary. I had to rush against the Star of David spell card, that one was nasty.

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 06:55:39 PM »
Dunno Remi was easy with full sp.  It took 2 turns to beat her for me on F Final mode.

Edit:  Finished!

Also "Spells Breaked" is horrible.  It'd be better as "Spell Breaks" or "Spells Broken"

Also anyone know what Bonus Convos are?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:32:25 PM by Yden »

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
I have no idea. Maybe it is special dialogue you get if you use character X to fight character Y?