Author Topic: Fantasy Maiden Wars E: English Translation Patch Release  (Read 97434 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Fantasy Maiden Wars E: English Translation Patch Release
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2011, 12:22:33 AM »
I would figure it's stuff like for marisa stage 2, choosing to talk to alice for bonus convorsation instead of beating her up or whatever.

Anyway, it's probably already known but bonus WP triggers do not seem to work reliably. For Marisa stage 1, I beat Momiji last, and no 5 wp, I figure maybe you have to get a lucky crit and actually bring her hp to 0 so I didn't mention it. But it happened to me again on stage 3. Killed every enemy but the boss, and again, no 5 bonus wp afterwards.

Also, I think it's probably not a bug OR a typo, but I thought it strange. Maybe there is an alternate translation that would make more sense? but when Marisa and Sakuya are talking smack about becomming head maid, Sakuya is like 'the number of people who have said that and failed... Is greater than the number of planets in our solar system!" Now unless Gensokyo has more planets in its solar system than I know about, that's like..saying... MORE THAN A FEW, which is kinda silly imo >=P

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:07 AM »
But it happened to me again on stage 3. Killed every enemy but the boss, and again, no 5 bonus wp afterwards.
I'll assume this is the Sakuya stage. You must defeat her to get the bonus. This is very hard to do. You must bring her life down to
before she can run away, then you do a strong attack plus a support attack. Keine's headbutt support is pretty strong, so you can
try that.

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2011, 04:39:31 AM »
Anyway, it's probably already known but bonus WP triggers do not seem to work reliably. For Marisa stage 1, I beat Momiji last, and no 5 wp, I figure maybe you have to get a lucky crit and actually bring her hp to 0 so I didn't mention it. But it happened to me again on stage 3. Killed every enemy but the boss, and again, no 5 bonus wp afterwards.

For objectives that go "defeat", If you let her run away, no count.
You don't need a lucky crit. Momiji runs away at <2.5k health. Counterattack her during enemy phase with your strongest possible attack (helps if you're focused), and a Marisa w/Nitori support is guaranteed to off her on your turn.

Now I have no idea how to flatten Sakuya. The last time I tried that she Parried Monster Cucumber. >.<

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
I beat the final boss, yay!

Then the game crashed and my files got corrupted and I had to erase all my saves for the game to work again.

The exact same thing happened to a friend of mine, so this isn't just my computer.

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »
Am having the same issue as Metaflare. I got through Reimu's story just fine, but now I've completed Marisa's story, it crashes upon defeating Flan and the Stae Clear screen.

Clearing up my savefiles works, but there's got to be a better way. I want my Sakuya path =/

Building Touhou over at the Malaysian Touhou Brigade

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2011, 04:35:46 AM »
Did either of you keep your savedata folder somewhere? If so, can you upload it?

achicken

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
Quick question guys, is Nitori's Support Defend supposed to kick in when she's Focused?

I'm on Marisa Stage 2, and when attempting to approach Alice, I've kept Nitori right next to Marisa, both characters focused.
Alice attempts to Artful Sacrifice Marisa during enemy phase, the Support command is enabled and says Nitori is Support Defending.
Now Nitori is supposed to jump in.
But what happens instead is that Marisa grazes the damage. Nitori doesn't do a thing.

This also happened in Stage 1 when I was dealing with Momiji with the same method.

If this is intended behavior, I find it strange and inconsistent, because Support Attack works, on my turn, in the same conditions.

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Graze counts as an evade, I believe. Support Defend shouldn't kick in when you make a successful evade.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
Yeah, Support Defend only works when the targeted character takes the full blow.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »
Is there a way to play in fullscreen mode?

achicken

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »
Agh, I knew there was a catch to grazing so much. No wonder attacks to a grazing character always seem to connect.

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
Is there a way to play in fullscreen mode?
I am unsure, but I think you hit the F4 key to make it full screen.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 11:24:37 AM »
The attacks do connect, but it's generally weak.
Take my playthrough for example. I made it to the final boss, and Alice and Reimu were so good at graze-tanking that they weren't taking any damage at all.
And by all means, I only had Focused Movement L2 on Reimu, Alice had L1. And yet the final boss's strongest attack wasn't doing anything to her.
And by all means, they were hitting. I dunno why there was zero damage on Reimu, considering as all I upgraded on her was Mobility, HP, and MP.
Alice is a bit more more believable as she had close to maxed Armor. But that still doesn't explain it.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
Graze damage is calculated by the percentage chance to hit. If the chance to hit was zero, then it would have dealt zero damage.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:17 PM »
Thing is, Alice was sitting on a 80-95% chance to get hit, Reimu was somewhere around 50-60%.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 01:14:25 PM »
Did you get the Streaming skill? It will lower graze damage, but not by much. If not then it might be a bug? I dunno.
If the enemy has say a 50% chance to hit Reimu on focused movement, 50% of the time, Reimu will take the full hit. The other 50%
of the time, Reimu will graze the attack. The graze damage you take is the hit % of the enemy in question. So you will take 50% damage
if you successfully grazed the attack.
This is all mentioned in the translated instruction manual, so I assume it is correct. I know graze damage hurts a lot. I remember my
Cirno or maybe Daiyousei died from grazing Flandre's attack. I think I took like two to three thousand damage in graze.

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »
Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c048nrovagdvys6

Thank you very much, and for the handy quicksave as well.

For a quick fix,  move over gsw01_sys.sav to some other folder, then rename gsw01_sys_old.sav into gsw01_sys.sav. Apparently crashes can mess up gsw01_sys.save somehow. (the _old file is a backup copy) All your other save data and such should still be unlocked, I believe. I wasn't able to replicate the crash that you said happens at the end of the map though.  Metaflare, try this fix too and see whether it works for you (hopefully you didn't delete your savedata folder entirely).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2011, 02:24:43 PM »
Streaming...No, I think I only got that on Marisa, maybe Nitori, because I distinctly recall building Nitori as a Tank-y Super Type.
And since Streaming has a decidedly Tank-y bent, it's only logical.

Of course, it's not likely that it was a bug either, as by then the only survivors were Daiyousei, Reimu, Alice, and Keine.
Man...I really should've gotten a recording, those last few turns were really thrilling! It reminded me why I play SRW in the first place!
Man, I'm getting fired up again just thinking about it!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

achicken

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:54 PM »
Hmm, interestingly, I'm able to replicate that condition again through an in-game save.
Nitori's Focusing is exactly what prevents her from Support Defending. It has NOTHING to do with Enemy Accuracy or Marisa's to-dodge.
Marisa is still a legal target for Support Defending even when Focused, as long as both of them are on the same "Plane" (Grounded or Air).

I made a copy of my save folder; choose Continue. This is Marisa 2 Normal, after Convincing Alice. The Fairy(B) will attack Marisa next turn, and she can no longer move or unfocus.
Nitori will not be able to get to Marisa's side if she Focuses.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9am31j21oagb2ai - try it yourself. Make sure to back up your save folder first! (Rename the extracted folder to Savedata to use, or just copy the files)

Edit: Eh, wait. The next attempt and Nitori fails to jump in again.
Interesting. It seems that Evade is still being counted, and that Graze is overriding the OUTCOME of the Evade, while still serving as a before-damage modifier. You can repeatedly run
that scenario with my file. The fairy has ~30% chance to hit, so it shouldn't take long to get a case of Nitori jumping in.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:17:28 PM by achicken »

« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:07 PM »
achicken: Essentially, when focusing, "Graze" replaces normal evasion. Getting hit is still getting hit. Support defense only works while getting hit, and not while grazing (which counts as evading when focused). You will never evade "normally" when focused; you will always "Graze" and take lessened damage (unless the enemy hit % is 0, then you take 0 damage).

Assuming Nitori support defending Marisa, and enemy fires a 1000 damage attack at 32% accuracy:

Marisa Focused: 32% chance of Marisa Grazing and taking 320 damage, 68% chance of Marisa getting hit and taking 1000 damage
Marisa unfocused: 32% chance of Marisa evading and taking 0 damage, 68% chance of Marisa getting hit and taking 1000 damage

In both situations, Nitori will never support defend the 32% chance, but will always support defend the 68% chance, regardless of Nitori's focus/unfocus status.

This is also covered in the translated manual.

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
Thanks for the fix, Deranged. It works now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
Hanzo, did you use Reimu's "sense" skill? I don't know about you but for me it's bugged. It's supposed to give you 100% evasion for one turn..Except that it seems to be for the entire battle/stage/level/whatever you call it instead of just 1 turn. That would give you 0 damage grazes for sure.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
No, don't think so.
And even on the stages I did use it, she still took damage after the turn was up.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »
Alrighty. I, too, am having Sense's 100% continuously carry over. I'm updated to the latest version, but Reimu is basically invincible. No, actually, she might as well be. Something's amiss here. Wasn't this reported as fixed? She can easily clear stages on her own without being phased.

Another question. Where exactly is the save directory for the chronicles, spellcard data, sound test, and such located at? I can't find even the normal save directory, being unable to delete files. Only overwrite. I would love an answer on this.

Thanks for your time~

« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2011, 02:17:40 AM »
When you use Reimu's Sense, you will see something on the status called: Al. I think that means Alert and gives you 100% dodge rate.
If you still see it after fighting an enemy, then there is something wrong. Did you check to see if Al is still on after one retaliation from
the enemy? I forgot which key allows to check the statuses on the unit, but I guess just press one until you see it comes up.

No, don't think so.
And even on the stages I did use it, she still took damage after the turn was up.
I have no idea then. Other than Streaming, I don't think any other skill lowers graze damage. And the graze damage you take is
proportional to the hit rate the enemy has, so you should be able to easily check how much graze damage you should be taking.

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2011, 02:43:48 AM »
Indeed, I just tested the first mission in Reimu's story. I activated Sense on the first turn. By the second, the Strike part had worn off. The Alert part did not. It never disappears from the status, and likewise, dodge rate stays perfect. This also applies for protecting Akyu in Reimu's Chapter 4. Her Alert never wears off as well, making protecting her a tad redundant. So that playing the game isn't broken, I completely avoid using Sense and Alert in full, but it would still be nice to find a true fix. Reimu becomes rather weak without such a decent skill, given it would work proper. I do have the latest version, given it shows "ver.1.1.2" on the top of the window.

Again, I'll ask as well. If anyone can locate the save directories, I'd be appreciative. Changing the folder name that the .exe file is in treats it as if it's a whole new game. Deleting everything and putting fresh files into the folder retains save data (chronicles, last saves, and all), even though it's basically a "fresh install." This usually means it is taking from another directory, but I am baffled as to where this is.

Thanks again.

Edit: I've searched the registry as well, but I'm not sure how well I'm doing searching. Help would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:47:47 AM by Kiiharu »

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2011, 02:57:05 AM »
Do you have the latest version of the translation patch?

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2011, 05:17:54 AM »
Uh... what do you mean? I started with my game prepatched. Would translation affect the game's behavior?

achicken

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »
Yes, because ver 1.0 of the translation patch had that bug. Ver 1.01 solves it.
I've gone through Reimu's stage 1 and 2 myself and Alert status is used up correctly.
Grab the 1.01 update from the beginning of this thread, apply it, and try again.