Author Topic: AJS's Projects *UPDATED!* [Now with downloads!]  (Read 18561 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: AJS's Projects *UPDATED!* [Now with downloads!]
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
I just investigated this real quick, cuz I never noticed that myself, and I found that some of the bullets hide behind the walls, while the others go in front....weird :o

It all has to do with... the order in which bullets are being fired. The later they are fired, the higher layer they are drawn on.
Also, bright bullets are drawn under regular bullets.

Also, can you please start going on #danmakufu every day so I can be a playtester for you too? I'd love to see stuff from you. (Ok, fine. Edgeworth's appearance sorta made me hate a bit, but... well, was it serious? I hope not.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:43:17 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
It all has to do with... the order in which bullets are being fired. The later they are fired, the higher layer they are drawn on.
Also, bright bullets are drawn under regular bullets.

Also, can you please start going on #danmakufu every day so I can be a playtester for you too? I'd love to see stuff from you. (Ok, fine. Edgeworth's appearance sorta made me hate a bit, but... well, was it serious? I hope not.)
I see...I'll get to working on the way the bullets are drawn, probably...

Also, you mean IRC, right?  Well, now that I'm back in school, I'm not going to have nearly as much free time as I'd like. :ohdear:  But I'm going to continue to post stuff on here as much as I can whenever I find time to make chances (most likely, weekends).

As for Edgeworth, well, this project is sort of the result of a collaboration with one of my college friends, and she wanted me to add him in. :V (The reason being that the "incident" here is that Yukari tricked Edgeworth into becoming her shikigami, and Reimu's like "aw hell naw".  This is why he's the final boss, and Yukari--the mastermind--is the Extra Boss.  Of course, I still gotta figure out how to do conversation events, which still give me trouble :wat:)

Anyway, in response to all the commentary and the Let's Play, I'm gonna try to make some major adjustments this weekend.  Hopefully I'll have another product out.  Also, bear in mind that this release was still pretty much just a trial run, and I wanted to release it to see what feedback I could get.  Thanks for that, by the way. :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:44:28 PM by AJS »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
My first weekend back at college hasn't allowed me quite as much time as I had hoped, but I did managed to get to work on fixing some patterns.  Here they are, in case you'd like to try them out and give me feedback on them.  I'll probably put up a few more downloads in this format, releasing bits and pieces of stuff as I tweak things, now that I managed to accumulate a lot of feedback on the whole battle in general.

http://www.mediafire.com/?359c3uup8rab8ca

Changelog:
- Nonspell 2 ~ Made much prettier (there's a much more tangible pattern to it now)
- Nonspell 3 ~ The fast aqua kunai wave is reduced in density, and the reversing kunai will slow down and stop while still on-screen before changing direction
- Nonspell 4 ~ The green kunai no longer restrict and wall you off, are slower, and sweep across wider ranges--it is entirely possible to stay underneath Yukari the whole time now
- Nonspell 6 ~ The slowest strand on each "arm" has been removed, but the arms now move a little faster.  The red kunai now fire slightly faster, but are now only in one speed, rather than fast and slow.  Also, every several seconds, Yukari will take a brief break and stop firing--this is to allow you to regather your bearings and get in position if you manage to get trapped by the restricting arms in an unfavorable spot
- Nonspell 7 ~ Restricted Yukari's movement a bit more
- Spell Card: "Boundary of Gradual and Rapid" ~ First of all, fixed up a derpy line of coding in her movement.  Sorry bout that. :derp:  Also, the firing rate has been bumped up a tiny bit.  (For those who say it's too hard, just try to think back to "Xanadu of Straight and Curve".  It works out a lot like that, but just with aimed bullets thrown in :3.  I actually thought it was a tad easy, which is why I bumped up the firing rate)
- Spell Card: "Boundary of Expansion and Recession" ~ Bullet density reduced, longer delay for spawning of bullets (hopefully this will fix the issue of people reporting bullets spawning on top of them >.<), bullets sit still for a bit after spawning before moving, bullet speed increased, and the familiars now travel outward from Yukari slightly faster, giving them a little less screen-time
- Spell Card: "High-Velocity Projectiles" ~ Number of bullets that Yukari fires reduced--It feels much easier now (to me at least >.>)
- Spell Card: "Boundary of Earth and Sky" ~ The gigantic lasers now come in from the sides of the screen, rather than suddenly spawning (WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I DO THIS FROM THE BEGINNING).  The bullet walls fire slightly faster, and themselves are a tiny bit faster to preserve the vertical gap between them.  (By the way, I tried making the bullet walls glowing to resolve the "stars hide behind the walls" issue, but this created a new problem--You could barely see the walls until they had emerged from the brightness of the laser, by which time you have a very short time to react and plan your route.  So, you'll just have to deal with it :ohdear:)
- Spell Card: "Boundary of Here and There" ~ [BTW, can someone think up a better spell card name? :derp:] The very first wave has its lasers aimed around you, so you don't get cheap-shotted from the very beginning.  In addition, Yukari now pauses for a much longer time between finishing her quick-teleporting phase and her Last Word-like red amulet phase, giving you more time to shoot her (since you're not intended to be able to hit her during the quick-teleporting phase, in response to those who complained that they couldn't hit Yukari during this time).  Also, for aesthetics, the butterflies are now blue, providing a contrast to the purple lasers.

Also, for the future, I'm planning on scrapping "Boundary of Beginning and End" in favor of a simpler card.  It will be called "Boundary of Order and Chaos".  In it, Yukari will start out firing a random cluster of small bullets (not that small though), which will organize themselves once they hit the edges of the screen (to clarify, when they hit the sides, they will begin moving perpendicular to the side they hit.  So hitting the right side will make it travel straight left, hitting the top will make it go straight down, etc.  Yes, it sorta sounds like one of my Flandre spell cards, but it's a bit of a twist).  Yukari will be vulnerable the entire time, as opposed to her current Kaguya-like health system for her final spell, and the bullet speed will remain constant, but her firing rate will directly correlate to how much health she has remaining--smooth transition, not in phases (I gave her the health system for BoBaE quite a while back because I wasn't too confident on making a spell that shifted phases depending on remaining health, but I think I've figured out how to pull something like that off, so I'm gonna give it a shot).  What are your thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:24:04 PM by AJS »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Spoiler:
god will you please stop it with the :3 is getting annoying and hard to read

I'll download it after I come home from school

Nonspell 3 is much easier. Though, you might want to split the lanes even more as sometimes I get caught in between two waves of red kunai going to and from Yukari.

Nonspell 4 is weird still, maybe have a real predictable pattern to the purple kunai?

Nonspell 6... You can stay at the very bottom and just squeeze between the gaps to avoid the aimed red kunai. [attach=1]

Nonspell 7 is actually great. I dunno what Rogus had to scream about.

Nonspell 8... hi tojiko again

SC01: Even though you were thinking about Xanadu of Straight and Curve, it totally got changed into a different spellcard when you made this. I think you didn't think hard enough.

SC03 & 06: Oh god thank you so much

SC08: OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT FROM THE SIDES... oh it's the laser...
Eh...... WTF.

SC09: Really bad still. How the hell am I supposed to hit her with ReimuB.
Tone this down. Maybe have bullets that shoot the lasers and butterflies instead?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:52:46 AM by kyuu »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 01:18:07 AM »
SC08: OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT FROM THE SIDES... oh it's the laser...
Eh...... WTF.
I actually wanted to make the lasers come from the top and bottom, but the SetLaserDataA function only seems to allow horizontal movement, rather than vertical movement.  The only other way I can think of achieving the desired effect is to make familiars that shoot the lasers, but I didn't want to script two new familiars simply for that, so I tried this approach.  Unless you know of another easy way to do this, I'll just go ahead and make the familiars. :derp:

SC09: Really bad still. How the hell am I supposed to hit her with ReimuB.
Tone this down. Maybe have bullets that shoot the lasers and butterflies instead?
Like I said earlier, my intention was that you would be given several free seconds to hit her between the laser/butterflies phase and the amulets phase since it's impossible to hit her during the teleporting phase.  Perhaps I can knock her health bar down a bit?  Also, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "bullets that shoot the lasers and butterflies".  Can you elaborate a bit please?  (Actually, I've been thinking about replacing the instantly-appearing lasers with regular lasers that travel outward slightly faster than the butterflies do.  Would that help, maybe?)

Nonspell 6... You can stay at the very bottom and just squeeze between the gaps to avoid the aimed red kunai. [attach=1]
Well would you look at that...
Spoiler:
It seems I haven't been evil enough with making that nonspell
I'll see if maybe I can decrease the speed of the spinning ever so slightly to make that impossible. :V
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:23:06 AM by AJS »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 03:08:53 AM »
Perhaps I can make my own version of the spellcard?

I'll get to editing once given your OK.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13:12 AM »
Perhaps I can make my own version of the spellcard?

I'll get to editing once given your OK.
I was actually going to suggest that. :3  Do your best! 

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »
Oh, god. Those blocks of code. You can easily do a lot of these by using ascents instead of copy-pasting everything.
Anyways, changes have been made. Uploading in a sec, after I get these things all tested up.

Here.  :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 [attach=1]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:15:15 AM by kyuu »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18:41 AM »
Oh, god. Those blocks of code. You can easily do a lot of these by using ascents instead of copy-pasting everything.
Ahh, sorry.  I'm still relatively new to coding, so you'll have to forgive me for any noobish things I do, like that. :( 

And thanks for helping out.  Testing them now...

P.S. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

EDIT: "Boundary of Here and There", minor changes, but pretty nice.  As for "Boundary of Earth and Sky", I really like what you did there.  I gotta teach myself how to do that. >.>
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:25:03 AM by AJS »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »
Also, it only includes two of the cards. The rest, I'm happy with, so I didn't touch them.
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 now stop it with that smiley it's annoying

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40:51 AM »
Ahhh, object lasers....I haven't gotten around to teaching myself how to use those quite yet, but the script you handed me is like a free tutorial, so I thank you for that. :D
After examining your code, I sped up the expansion of the "Earth and Sky" lasers just a tiny bit, but I otherwise like what you did.

In other news, I got distracted again and started working on another little side project (I always do this when a spell card idea suddenly strikes me). 
Hint: It involves Koishi...
I'll post it up once I got an initial prototype going for it.  I don't expect too much critique for it, though, cuz it's just a fun experiment I'm dabbling with.

now stop it with that smiley it's annoying
.......................... :smokedcheese: *shot*
Spoiler:
Will do.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 09:47:47 PM »
I'm back!  After tweaking for the longest time, and tackling midterms, I finally managed to get some significant progress done.  Here's a new download containing several scripts.

The following contains:
-Yukari Yakumo Extra Boss battle (I tweaked it, tweaked it, and tweaked it some more.  Hopefully I managed to cover all the complaints the original one had.  Again, feedback is much appreciated)

-Mamizou Futatsuiwa Extra Midboss battle (Modified to be less intense, hopefully)

-Utsuho Reiuji Stage 2 Boss Battle

AJS's Projects (3-16-2012)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:01:47 PM by AJS »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Yeesh, been a while since I last updated.  Anyway, I have two new scripts:

Yukari Yakumo (Ver. 2.0) [Video]

Kaguya Houraisan [Video]

The Yukari fight actually comes with an "easier" version, but be warned...it was made somewhat lazily :V (I mostly made it for my IRL friends who are....not very good at Touhou)

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
Yeesh, been a while since I last updated.  Anyway, I have two new scripts:

Yukari Yakumo (Ver. 2.0) [Video]

Kaguya Houraisan [Video]

The Yukari fight actually comes with an "easier" version, but be warned...it was made somewhat lazily :V (I mostly made it for my IRL friends who are....not very good at Touhou)

*Hinacle points his finger accusingly*

So, you were the one that made that Yukari script!
 I loved it! I'll be sure to try out the new version when I get home from school. :D