Author Topic: gtbot's stuff - Medicine Melancholy Player and Practice Player 1.2 Updates  (Read 33644 times)

Re: gtbot's Stuff - Ten Desires Youmu Player/Arbiter Team/Cirno Updates
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 12:09:07 AM »
I'm new here and I would like to mention that I have first seen your work through a simple youtube search and I was amazed by everything you have done. I want to thank you for all the hard work you put in to show the true potential this newer version of Danmakufu has to offer.

Best regards!

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
Heya, I'm just wondering what were the changes? Kinda interests me~. Haha, oops, I found the Cirno notes after posting. Still Arbiter team now have...?

Speaking of which, I'd still kill for a Koi-Koi player! Though it's fine if you don't have inspiration for it or time ^^;

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
I'm new here and I would like to mention that I have first seen your work through a simple youtube search and I was amazed by everything you have done. I want to thank you for all the hard work you put in to show the true potential this newer version of Danmakufu has to offer.

Best regards!
Thanks :D If there's anything you ever need I can help you with it
Speaking of which, I'd still kill for a Koi-Koi player! Though it's fine if you don't have inspiration for it or time ^^;
The main bulk of the Arbiter Team changes can be found in the version 1.5 variant in Bulletforge (link)

As for Koishi, I don't have much immediate ideas, but I feel that if I think about it I might get some ideas (one that bumps into my head immediately is breaking GetAngleToPlayer for a short while during a bomb but idk how impactful that would feel). Would you personally prefer her to be alone or in a team player?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:34:34 AM by gtbot »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Is this ph3? Or are there some 0.12m?

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
Is this ph3? Or are there some 0.12m?

As far as I know, everything is ph3, but why not download ph3 (choose the most recent version, pre11) and try it? You script in 0.12m, but it doesn't mean that you can't play ph3.
Trust me, gtbot's scripts are worth it  :D

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
As far as I know, everything is ph3, but why not download ph3 (choose the most recent version, pre11) and try it? You script in 0.12m, but it doesn't mean that you can't play ph3.
Ok just wonderin :D
Im going to :DDDDDDDDDD

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.

I can vouch for that 100% ^

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
Would you personally prefer her to be alone or in a team player?

Considering I love your team players (Imperishable Night was one of my favorite Touhou for that very reason), I'd adore a Koishi x Anyone-Related team, but I'm completely and utterly fine with her being a solo player as well. I think a Koishi x Satori team would be optimal, as I've never seen a Koishi nor a Satori player, but Satori isn't exactly easy to implement, what's with her being megaman.

Haha, sorry to bug you with that, it's just the good old favorite character preference.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Yes everything is ph3, and I'm glad you guys like the scripts :D
I've never seen a Koishi nor a Satori player,
As for Koishi, my original intention was indeed a Koishi + Satori team. :) I'm truly not sure when I'll finish the player, but I will eventually.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
Yes everything is ph3, and I'm glad you guys like the scripts :D As for Koishi, my original intention was indeed a Koishi + Satori team. :) I'm truly not sure when I'll finish the player, but I will eventually.

Your scripts are pretty damn good, if you ask me~

Nnnngh, I'm all excited at the idea of a Koitori team.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Re: gtbot's Stuff - SONIC HEDGEHOG Player (4/5)
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 05:36:09 AM »
Your scripts are pretty damn good, if you ask me~
Thanks, I'm glad you like them :)
i hope sonic doesnt change your mind

---

Updated original post to contain SONIC HEDGEHOG player script download and details.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
i hope sonic doesnt change your mind

Admitedly, that was crazily unexpected. But to be fair, this is another character that completely changes how you play the game, along with DS Aya and GFW Cirno.

And, well, the out of place (and terribleness) factor makes it all hilarious. When else will I be able to say I crushed Yuuka with Sonic, of all people!?  :derp:

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 08:21:48 PM »
I hope sonic doesn't change your mind.
The Sonic script didn't change my mind at all. I found it quite funny, actually  :]
A Chireiden boss rush sounds really fun, but are you going to make more difficulties than just Overdrive? Some of your fans (like me) aren't that good at Touhou (no offence) and want to enjoy it too  :V (but don't feel pressured to do otherwise if you're planning to make it Overdrive only. It's your script after all.)
Anyway, good luck with it~

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
And, well, the out of place (and terribleness) factor makes it all hilarious. When else will I be able to say I crushed Yuuka with Sonic, of all people!?  :derp:
hehehehehhehehe :D
are you going to make more difficulties than just Overdrive?
Yes! I understand that everyone plays and enjoys things at different difficulty levels, so I added 2 new difficulties that weren't in the Mamizou battle for this script in particular. (Easy-Normal-Hard-Lunatic-Overdrive-Cirno). For reference, I'm balancing the first four difficulties with respect to the way they were in Ten Desires, but slightly easier. Overdrive is quite harder than Lunatic and Cirno is super ultra mode that would likely tear everything apart except for a player that can delete bullets fairly frequently (Cirno) and make as few mistakes as possible with the timing of freezing bullets.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »
Updated the original post to include Medicine Melancholy player, and a Practice player variant.

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
Re: gtbot's stuff - Medicine Melancholy Player and Practice Player 1.1 Updates
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2013, 12:41:55 AM »
Updated both the Regular and Practice Medicine Players. to 1.2. (link to latest update)

1.2 Update Changes:
   Oof, I released 1.1 with a couple of horrible bugs, they are fixed now.

1.1 Update Changes:
Both:
Both player variants were affected by the changes, but the practice player was generally affected more negatively than the regular one.
   - Increased overall shot power
      - The damage of the minidolls' shots will now ramp up to 30%/25% (Normal/Practice) bonus damage at further distances
      - Medicine's shots will ramp up to 45%/40% (Normal/Practice) bonus damage
   - Bomb changes:
       - Added an option to have sprite based poison fields (instead of only vertex based)
      - If an enemy can be killed with just 1000 damage, including resistances, they will die to the poison.
         - Will NOT deal damage unless they have 1000 health remaining, resistances including
         - Does not affect the boss at all
      - Poison fields last longer
      - Less poison fields are spawned during a bomb
      - Invincibility duration decreased
      - The first and last poison fields spawn directly on Medicine, and don't move
   Bugfixes:
      - Fixed a bug where picking up a life or bomb item would cause an error

Practice Player:
   - Respawn invincibility lowered
   - Stats data will remain on screen for longer
   - Counterbombing enabled
   - Counterbombs will now count as their own statistic, instead of counting as a death and bomb.
   - Added stage functionality
      - If there are no shootable enemies on the field, it will display your stats
   - Slightly changed how the inspirational phrases were displayed
   Bugfixes:
      - Fixed a bug where a full death didn't count towards deaths
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:45:23 AM by gtbot »