Author Topic: A Collab: 東方境戦祭 ~ Worldwide War  (Read 26481 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: A Collab Suggestion: 東方境戦祭 ~ Worldwide War
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
I think maybe 6 stages isn't enough if enough people want to appear in the game. Say, some playable characters can end up fighting certain users, etc. Maybe even an entirely new story (with all different bosses) for each player character. I dunno.

(Then again, we still only have two applications for having player scripts, me and MSBZDude.)

Spoiler:
[18:06] <Secant> Name of Character (unfocused): Konyllis
[18:06] <Secant> Name of Character (focused): Secant Enteghar
[18:06] <Secant> Appearance of Character (unfocused): http://i.imgur.com/nXoQ0.png
[18:06] <Secant> Appearance of Character (focused): http://i.imgur.com/4O6rc.png
[18:06] <Secant> Shot Behavior (unfocused): A simple spread shot of standard kunai (medium damage).
[18:06] <Secant> Shot Behavior (focused): Secant himself fires a single line of rockets (low damage). A large gear following Secant rotates very quickly (high damage). The gear can be made to stay at one position on the playing field by focusing.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:47:25 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
A problem that might show up are the people that want to be featured in the game just for the heck of it without contributing much (if at all). Of course, you could just reject them, but you'll still perhaps end up with a thread full of useless replies.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
A lot of us tried, like for us playable characters before we were helping with dialogue for sure, just that we lacked times to be all together at once (especially when people started dying off x.x)

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »
Maybe require anyone wishing to be in the game to provide something for that character, such as the character art or shot scripts? Something that can used other than "I want to be in, this is what my character should be like."

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 10:57:16 PM »
Maybe require anyone wishing to be in the game to provide something for that character, such as the character art or shot scripts? Something that can used other than "I want to be in, this is what my character should be like."
Meanwhile we music and illustration people twiddle our thumbs waiting on the rest of you, assuming they are both going to be closely tied to the gameplay and feel. Former is usually done late in the game design phase, but latter should be done quite early, so we can see what is going there.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 11:26:41 PM »
Meanwhile we music and illustration people twiddle our thumbs waiting on the rest of you, assuming they are both going to be closely tied to the gameplay and feel. Former is usually done late in the game design phase, but latter should be done quite early, so we can see what is going there.

Weeeel, right now I'd like to suggest a slow tune, like Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery.

On another note, uploading video of concept. It's my first time making a stage, be harsh.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »
Weeeel, right now I'd like to suggest a slow tune, like Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery.
I'll assume the following then (comment as needed):
 - Approximately half of the songs will be remixes of ZUN works, and the other half original works.
 - Music will be in psuedo-ZUN style if it's original works, or our own if we're remixing. Remixes are mostly for Touhou character themes, originals for stages.
 - For the former THFont (or in my case, a SD-90 - ZUN's synth of choice) will be used.
 - Latter has more leeway in terms of what is put into play.
 - It will follow closely with the stage progression, so eg. a change in motif will be where a mid-boss occurs.
 - As a result, music may have to be done first instead to give the pacing of the stages.

I'd prefer for an entirely original OST with free reign on the styles, especially since we have multiple musicians here with a variety of software, hardware, musical background, etc. that will make following a certain style for all difficult (unless some want overtime).
I guess we can send our works in and then testers can determine what fits best for most. The rest can be put into other uses (eg. different themes depending on difficulty).
Bad command or file name

Trickysticks

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »
I'll assume the following then (comment as needed):
 - Approximately half of the songs will be remixes of ZUN works, and the other half original works.
 - Music will be in psuedo-ZUN style if it's original works, or our own if we're remixing. Remixes are mostly for Touhou character themes, originals for stages.
 - For the former THFont (or in my case, a SD-90 - ZUN's synth of choice) will be used.
 - Latter has more leeway in terms of what is put into play.
 - It will follow closely with the stage progression, so eg. a change in motif will be where a mid-boss occurs.
 - As a result, music may have to be done first instead to give the pacing of the stages.

I'd prefer for an entirely original OST with free reign on the styles, especially since we have multiple musicians here with a variety of software, hardware, musical background, etc. that will make following a certain style for all difficult (unless some want overtime).
I guess we can send our works in and then testers can determine what fits best for most. The rest can be put into other uses (eg. different themes depending on difficulty).

Yes, this should be great.
  Music will be in psuedo-ZUN style if it's original works, or our own if we're remixing. Remixes are mostly for Touhou character themes, originals for stages.
  It doesn't have to be ZUN-like at all, in fact. Just not something too ridiculous.
  It will follow closely with the stage progression, so eg. a change in motif will be where a mid-boss occurs.     
    Depending on how this is done, more like stage progression would follow the music. Music should probably come first.

The OST sounds like it'll be great. You can do pretty much whatever you want. Just no heavy metal or such?
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »
Yes, this should be great.
  Music will be in psuedo-ZUN style if it's original works, or our own if we're remixing. Remixes are mostly for Touhou character themes, originals for stages.
  It doesn't have to be ZUN-like at all, in fact. Just not something too ridiculous.
  It will follow closely with the stage progression, so eg. a change in motif will be where a mid-boss occurs.     
    Depending on how this is done, more like stage progression would follow the music. Music should probably come first.
Ah, gotcha. I'd consider getting other musicians aboard once a more clear vision is in place. It's difficult to tie in music and game without a good background. Either that, or recruit more from AAA as early as possible so that we can write soon and then have the stages following what we have made.

The OST sounds like it'll be great. You can do pretty much whatever you want. Just no heavy metal or such?
Ehe, I'm actually more trained in the rock genre, and if my initial assumptions stood then I could say that my works were in DaiZUNke Senowatari style (ZUN + Jun Senoue + Daisuke Ishiwatari) - with more influence from the last figure. I'd allow the metal and hard rock remixes. :V
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:41:14 AM by CHEN Guerilla Warmongers »
Bad command or file name

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:47 AM »
Here's a thought for those who are actually serious about making this project a reality. One simple rule: Only people who participate in the creation of the game will be the ones featured within the game itself. Cut down on this whole "you should put me in the game because I want to be in the game" nonsense. One must do more than simply give ideas.

Do some character designs. Design levels. Compose music. Work on the game code. Actually get your hands dirty and supply some work.

Make this project a true collaboration.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 01:08:15 AM »
Here's a thought for those who are actually serious about making this project a reality. One simple rule: Only people who participate in the creation of the game will be the ones featured within the game itself. Cut down on this whole "you should put me in the game because I want to be in the game" nonsense. One must do more than simply give ideas.

Do some character designs. Design levels. Compose music. Work on the game code. Actually get your hands dirty and supply some work.

Make this project a true collaboration.

This is so true, I actually want to cry.

Right, so people who want to just appear and not actually do stuff for the project, you might wanna think about actually doing something for us before getting a chance to appear.

Now, back to making danmaku ideas. Kay, I'll be busy.

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
Put me down for scriptwriting. Once we get the basic characters, and level design, I can start writing the script. Or you could tell me the ideas beforehand too.

Trickysticks

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 04:22:44 AM »
lolmajorpost

Since I've gotten lots of messages from people, I'll answer some questions.

1. What game engine?
A. 0.12m. It's in the title post.

2. I wanna talk to you gimme ur skype.
A. I do have a skype, but there's also IRC. See title post.

3. I want a player script NOW!
A. Stop being so demanding, and actually do something. I'll use Dr. Strafe's idea. If you want a player, help out! Write a script, design a single character, make a concept map, anything!

4. This sucks you're overshadowing PoSR!
A. ...

Ah, gotcha. I'd consider getting other musicians aboard once a more clear vision is in place. It's difficult to tie in music and game without a good background. Either that, or recruit more from AAA as early as possible so that we can write soon and then have the stages following what we have made.
Ehe, I'm actually more trained in the rock genre, and if my initial assumptions stood then I could say that my works were in DaiZUNke Senowatari style (ZUN + Jun Senoue + Daisuke Ishiwatari) - with more influence from the last figure. I'd allow the metal and hard rock remixes. :V

CHEN, you seem to be a very organized person. How would you like being the music co-ordinator? Also, I don't mind metal music, I mean arranges where you can't even hear the tune, just danananananana.

I'm serious about the PoSR message.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 05:08:42 AM »
CHEN, you seem to be a very organized person. How would you like being the music co-ordinator? Also, I don't mind metal music, I mean arranges where you can't even hear the tune, just danananananana.
Hm, this is something I'll consider. (I have a bit of backlog to do and am busy IRL as well, so....)

And from here out you can refer to me as my nickname (EP) for consistency reasons.

Ah, so melodic metal is fine. Very well - I tend to do that often, so it's not too hard.
Bad command or file name

gammaraptor

Re: A Collab Suggestion: MoTK vs Gensokyo
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
Step1: Make a working game (this step assumes you do all the other stuff necessary to making a working game)
Step1.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step2: Make it look/feel/sound nice
Step2.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step3: Insert the characters
Step3.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step4: Present a beta

Follow these steps for guaranteed success.

That totally reminded me of the first episode of nichijou.

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »
Im in with this  :]

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »
This starts to sound more and more interesting... I could do sprites.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:42 AM »
As long as I don't have to do a self-insert alone ...

I'm willing to help giving patterns ideas and/or coding, but only if the rest of the danmaku in the game follows : no random trigonometry, no overused bad patterns, a reasonable difficulty, and cool graphics (NO CtC).

I can draw some graphics as well (not sprites, but bullets, backgrounds, HUD, menus ...)

I have plenty good ideas for original player scripts as well ...

Trickysticks

Re: A Collab: 東方境戦祭 ~ Worldwide War
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
I finally finished a little concept stage. It's not the best, but I hope it conveys how practical the project can be. Stage is simple, boss is where the creativity went.
6 stages, witty dialogue/storyline, an extra stage, some flashy extras like a music room and spell practice; All that's required.
Link clicky
The boss is an OC/self insert, following the "mix touhou characters and self-inserts" theme.
The stage isn't a very good example, but hey, you're a creative bunch, stages much better than mine can be completed.

Now to go to sleep, playing a stage 5 times at 5AM isn't good for your health.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:58:16 AM by Trickysticks »

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
I'm honestly no good at much of anything required for game creation, but there are a few places I could help out, such as proofreading dialogue or creating danmaku patterns/ideas.  That's the only way I'll be able to contribute, though.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

gammaraptor

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:19 PM »
I finally finished a little concept stage. It's not the best, but I hope it conveys how practical the project can be. Stage is simple, boss is where the creativity went.
6 stages, witty dialogue/storyline, an extra stage, some flashy extras like a music room and spell practice; All that's required.
Link clicky
The boss is an OC/self insert, following the "mix touhou characters and self-inserts" theme.
The stage isn't a very good example, but hey, you're a creative bunch, stages much better than mine can be completed.

Now to go to sleep, playing a stage 5 times at 5AM isn't good for your health.

Loved the concept, should be great.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
Attention MFZBdude: You still have to submit your information on the player team you want to have featured in the game.

Also, Nimono once said he doesn't want any self inserts at all to be bosses (or even midboss, I think).

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
So if I decide to make a stage should I just use a placeholder boss or could you all give me a character to use there or something?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
Also, Nimono once said he doesn't want any self inserts at all to be bosses (or even midboss, I think).
I'll let TrickySticks decide on that one, but I'll say that does limit things from the music end. Sure, it makes things a bit easier (as in, we just have to remix stuff :V), but also kills in the flexibility of what can be made.
Bad command or file name

Trickysticks

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »

Eh, I don't see what's wrong with a mix of touhou and nohous in the game. It does limit the music department.

So if I decide to make a stage should I just use a placeholder boss or could you all give me a character to use there or something?

Sure, make a placeholder boss. If someone submits any characters I'll post here and you can use them if you wish.

Or, ask Mewkyuu for Secant sprites and use those as a placeholder? It's all up to you.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
Step0.5: Quit all existing side projects
Step1: Make a working game (this step assumes you do all the other stuff necessary to making a working game)
Step1.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step2: Make it look/feel/sound nice
Step2.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step2.75: Quit all existing side projects
Step3: Insert the characters
Step3.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to be featured
Step3.75: Quit all existing side projects
Step4: Present a beta
Step4.5: Quit all existing side projects
Step5: Keep working
Step5.5: Find motivation and ignore the people QQing to make a cameo appearance
Step6: Keep working
Step6.5: Quit all existing side projects
Step7: Keep working
Step7.5: Quit all existing side projects
Step8: Keep working
Step8.5: Quit all existing side projects
Step9: Keep working
Step10: Release stuff
Step10b: Fix bugs

Follow these steps for guaranteed success.
Now extended to look like shit.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:47 PM »
Uhh. Not sure what the quote's for.

I asked since making a stage flow would be better and easier to do if I knew what the boss of it did at the end but I guess I'm QQing over wanting to be in it. 

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »
Sorry for posting so late, but I think I could help make stages and enemies, and possibly mid-bosses.

Trickysticks

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:32 AM »
Well, it's been a while.

Some Progress Report:
No, the project isn't quite dead yet. There are some sprites that have been made(thanks to Tsalop), many player script ideas, and other tidbits of information. Otherwise, not much is happening.

I encourage people to submit what they want, be it a whole stage, sprites, music, a beep sound effect, a suggestion, or whatever else.

I don't want to rush people who're submitting(assuming you will), but the deadline for applying for something and submitting that something is January 1, 2012! That way, we can put together a beta and work from there. That should be more than enough time for people to assemble ideas, work out kinks, and present something...well, presentable.

If you need to talk to me, you can message me here or go to the IRC channel linked in the main post. Or simply post here.

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
I've created a concept stage for stage 1:
Video

It is very early, so it has no music or bosses.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:54:36 PM by Shockman »