Author Topic: Let's initiate the Survival Strategy. Mawaru Penguindrum thread!  (Read 57355 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Let's initiate the Survival Strategy. Mawaru Penguindrum thread!
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »
EDIT: Gah, I kinda wish I hadn't posted so soon. Now nobody will see the advertisement! D:

And now they will!

Gah, being sick over the past few days has caused me to neglect a few things.

Now, to gauge interest. Who is interested in a Penguindrum marathon over the course of this week? 24 episodes lends itself to 5 days with 5 episodes (the last day having 4), 6 days with 4 episodes, or 4 days with 6 episodes. All of these have different day commitments and time commitments, so I will put it up to scrutiny along with a test of interest.

I'm in no matter what, because I wouldn't miss this for anything. 5x5 sounds good, but I'm flexible. Preferably at late night, since my family has a thing for interruptions >.<

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2011, 04:32:37 AM »
Ah, yes, and we'll also need to worry about timezones. All of us are in various parts of northern America so far, so it doesn't seem like a big deal as of yet. But that's still two hours of difference between Matsy and Donut, for starters. Are you fine with that?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2011, 05:29:48 AM »
It has never bothered me before. However, it may present a problem for our friends on the other side of the pond :x

« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2011, 05:31:03 AM »
I have no problems with that.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2011, 06:00:44 AM »
As long as we're all on vacation, we can find a time. If they're across the big tub, we can do it in the morning or early afternoon. /o/
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2011, 06:57:05 AM »
All right, then. I'm finishing up the arrangements (namely, location), but for now, I shall put the tentative date of our marathon's first day tomorrow in the evening, at around 10:00 PM MST, episodes 1-4.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »
Sounds good to me. I just hope you all don't mind a potential couple pause breaks on my end.. :x

« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2011, 07:21:10 AM »
Considering the long breaks we've had during other attempts at something like this, I don't think a few pauses will pose any notable inconvenience.

nintendonut888

« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:59 AM »
As with the others, I am a-okay with this arrangement. Let's enjoy ourselves tomorrow. :D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2011, 02:19:18 AM »
All right, in about two hours and fifteen minutes, we shall converge on #penguindrum on irc.lunarnet.org. Matsy is holding down the fort for me at the moment (thank you kindly, Mats). It has to be Lunarnet, as the imagery is perfect. Hope to see you all there!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
Due to various circumstances that render a few of our watchers...well, unable to watch tonight, tonight's marathon of episodes 7-9 is canceled.  We will pick up again when it is possible.

[ruro]So is Dec 31's. No one should be watching Penguindrum on New Years' Eve.[/ruro]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:26:02 PM by Akemi Homururo »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 09:56:26 PM »
Hm, will probably join in too, if that is okay.  Always wanted to rewatch the final two-thirds of the anime.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2012, 12:35:39 AM »
Sure, everyone is welcome if they can make it. We start up again tonight.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2012, 07:50:41 AM »
Tonight, our marathon came to a fabulous max conclusion!

Two convenient links for later, both extremely spoilery:
Final Pingo board (we counted Sanetoshi as the Prince of the Crystal, but it's not necessary to get the Double Pingo)
Delicious Apple Calculation (However, Affinity pointed out that this may be wrong, because
Spoiler:
it was Shouma that shared with Himari first; Shouma in the ep 24 flashback stated that he had someone precious to him, and that someone had to be Himari.
)

And this is the final note from the series that shall stick with me for years to come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=end52UCO8t8

Thank you to Donut, Matsuri, Affinity, and TAC for watching with me. ^_^

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
It's been a good time. Thanks for watching with me, as well. :)

« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »
I should be the one thanking you, this has been an absolute blast to end 2011 and start 2012 on.

nintendonut888

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:51 AM »
Kyu-hu. ^_^

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
Much thanks for organizing this wonderful marathon for a wonderful anime.  Will definitely be in for more.